Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

Do you even know what "amateur" and "professional" is? I can list tons of crappy cricketers from the 30s and 40s who were "professionals" (with the exception of the War time).
sure man, go ahead and make all the lists you like... i'll be grading them for accuracy a week later, so do a good job and dont let me down.
totaramji ' date=' [b']why dont you show me those posts .. ? There arent any because if he was of that opinion he would not throw in the name of Tendulkar as someone who does not even qualify for an ATG title. Understand ?
I can do this all day. Proves my point why one can't trust your judgment forget your posts. You see things which don't exist. It's called paranoid schizophrenia. Here are some of the posts (not all mind you) http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1851079&postcount=57
First up it is a cliche, in my opinion, to say comparison across era has no point.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1853101&postcount=63
It is hard to compare technique of Azhar vs VVS as is, even in modern era let alone VVS with Tom Graveney.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1853546&postcount=68
Comparisons of great players often always ends up as being comparison of people's mindset
Finally, it's Lurker's opinion which says he doesn't want to consider Sachin as a great. I don't agree with it but I respect it. Something which you can't do. :winky:
Here's what you need to know : These are not just MY opinion. This is what you call common knowledge ... unless you just got out of a 70 yr long coma. Not many would pay a dime to see people playing cricket like how Hobbs & Co are in that video. You may want to find a way to to come to terms with that.
It's just YOUR opinion. The sooner you understand the better it gets. Also, stop playing with words.
WG Grace, Seriously come on man now we should give credit to those shepherds of England who actually invented this game. Kahan se kahan pahuch gaye hum. Lets agree on few things: Cricket this wonderful game was invented by English shepherds, the person who ever played the first ball was the one who gave us the basics Cricket has evolved from shepherds to WG Grace to Hobbs to Don to Len Hutton to Garry Sobers to Viv Richards to Sachin Tendulkar and it will surely goto a better hand. Every era has his own greats in terms of batting if Sir Don was the greatest of pre World war era then Sachin Tendulkar is of post Indian liberalization era. Eventually the technique has improved just as Bollywood movies in terms of script and story. Now a days movies are much better practical when compared to say 50s movie. Acting has also improved but still no one will dare to compare Irfan khan with Dilip Kumar. So if many of us feel Sachin batting in terms of technicality is better than Don Bradman or Hobbs they are not completely wrong because this the way it should be right everything will improve right? But again as a Batsman it is rediculous to compare because it was diff era. Now, every one has some soft corner for batsman of their era like my father still beleives G. Vishwanath has been Indias best batsman. He is not right completely we know that , he might be correct as per copy book batting is concerned but Cricket game has evolved and Batsman had to play more and more attacking shot. You can not defend the ball whole day. So I never try to convince him that Sachin is better but it is a fact Sachin is better right in the same way my next generation will find it very tough to convince me that some new batsman is better than Sachin. He would be surely because this how human being evolution is but I will not be convinced because Sachin has given me smile most number of times.
You're slowly getting to the point. Just as you are not convinced that Hobbs may evolve; can't I be not convinced that Sachin may have failed? You can't put your bets on both sides. This is exactly what I have said earlier too. It's your opinion you are entitled to it but opinions just remain opinions and not facts. My opinion is different and hence, no point in arguing - to each one his own. However, that's not what's happening here. What's happening is - "I am a Bhai. I have an opinion. You have to agree to it." It's this kind of of sick attitude which leads to caustic comments to other favorite players. If you denounce Grace, Hobbs, Bradman the others have every right to denounce Tendulkar, Gavaskar. Get the drift?
Again all the things are possible only when they carry the benefit of cricketing evolvement to that era . It is like saying i am better than Newton because i knew about gravity even when i was 8. Fact is you had years of cricket evolvement at your disposal. You have incredible resources to learn and hone your skills. If Tendulkar were born in that era and represented India he could not have been as successful as he is now.
:cheer:

Horrible technique , would have been found out even on flat pitches these days. Am no blind tendulkar fan , but have always felt from watching videos of these players even from 70s had very bad technique and as the game got more competetive and may be with a lot of help from advanced coaching techniques with access to technology batsmen these days look a lot more solid .

Horrible technique , would have been found out even on flat pitches these days. Am no blind tendulkar fan , but have always felt from watching videos of these players even from 70s had very bad technique and as the game got more competetive and may be with a lot of help from advanced coaching techniques with access to technology batsmen these days look a lot more solid .
so u agree if tendulkar was born in bradman's era he would ve had same bad technique ,shots etc like batsmen in that era had.. or would he play similarly like he did in this era :P atleast thats wht bossbhai thinks :P and thats the reason i dont like comparing players :wall:
so u agree if tendulkar was born in bradman's era he would ve had same bad technique ,shots etc like batsmen in that era had.. or would he play similarly like he did in this era :P atleast thats wht bossbhai thinks :P and thats the reason i dont like comparing players :wall:
Thats my guess !
heres the post Lets break this down in small pieces so that you can understand 1. Hobbs is the greatest batsman of his time, that is done and dusted fact. 2. And he is considered one of the best batsman of all time. ( Now werent you signing a different tune w.r.t this point earlier ? ) 3. Now when that assertion of him being one of the best is made, the only person who pips him is Don ( Meaning Don = 1 , Hobbs = 2 ) 4. Sachin Tendulkar doesnt enter the picture. ( Meaning Tendulkar is certainly not number 1 or 2 ) 5. If that wasnt enough he goes on to tell us why Don and Hobbs were undisputed kings and how SRT and BCL arent. So this is telling you that your gang leader is not comparing across eras ?
You disappoint me mate. Seriously, this is all you have? I came up with so many posts where he feels its pointless and you post one post which is Lurker's opinion! So what he feels Tendulkar is neither 1 or 2. So be it. He's not enforcing us to believe him. Ahh, unless someone's finding to compulsive need to have everyone agree to his opinion. In addition, you're selective amnesia chooses to not see this in the same post -
We can disagree with that but fact remains that SRT-Lara and often Ponting are touted as the best of this generation.
And kindly stop the childish name calling and insults. There is no need for that.
Be the change, you wan't to see.