Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

I am just glad BossBhai is not a Ravindra Jadeja fan else he would be telling us how poor Gary Sobers was and how Sobers isn't good enough to tie Sir Jadeja's shoe laces. Thank god for small mercies :pray:
I have a keyboard. I can search YouTube and post a video. Listen to me, I'm the "All time great" poster in the world.
No I actually saw the videos from the 30s ... you know those things that don't lie. Speaking of videos how is that task I gave you about Arthur Molds bowling comming about ? Have you found out how the video footage was able to magically reduce a lethal phashht bowlerr to a trundler.
Nope but I was able to find your posts on how Bradman averaging 99 is not even close to Tendulkar as a batsman and how Bradman was a minnow basher and would have been shown up by current bowlers, and how batsmen like Samaraweera and Younis khan are much better than Bradman :haha:
Regarding your point... If any era is easy to bat.. then the bowlers average has to be very poor in that era.. If an era is easy to bowl.. batsman's average has to be very poor in that era. agree or not?
and if both are poor? Overall standard of cricket was so poor that people could become part of their international cricket teams at age of 50's, that too as part of best two teams of world. It is almost like Kapil coming back and start opening bowling for India once again.
Hmm.. this is not the original topic. Original topic is hobbs video.. You are as much guilty as i am.
Sub-topic - "Is Hobbs technique exquisite?" Derived topic - "Modern day batsmen are better than yesteryear greats" Original topic - "Celebrating the existence of Victor Trumper"
I am not debating.. i am just stating the facts. He is a great batsman. But no an invincible one. Probably for couple of years he was very very good. Even then he never really sustained his domination in a series or an innings. Could be a temperamental issue or a technical issue. But he had his limitations.
Forget invincible, most Indian fans knew SRT, as great as he was, couldn't finish the job and was more Misbah if it came down to him to get the job done. For all Tendulkar's strengths, SRT hasn't played any innings similar to Laxman's efforts over the last 2-3 years where he won us games in the 4th innings. One would imagine that a career spanning 23 years would at least have 1 or 2 innings like that but nope.
and if both are poor? Overall standard of cricket was so poor that people could become part of their international cricket teams at age of 50's, that too as part of best two teams of world. It is almost like Kapil coming back and start opening bowling for India once again.
^ :hysterical: @ ignorance No, it's not. Kapil stopped playing FC cricket since a long time And if what you said were true, CK Naidu would probably have played a lot more tests for India, a team not considered as top 2
Well if kapil decides to play IPL and open the bowling I am willing to bet he will manage to get SRT out cheaply at the moment :winky:
Forget invincible, most Indian fans knew SRT, as great as he was, couldn't finish the job and was more Misbah if it came down to him to get the job done. For all Tendulkar's strengths, SRT hasn't played any innings similar to Laxman's efforts over the last 2-3 years where he won us games in the 4th innings. One would imagine that a career spanning 23 years would at least have 1 or 2 innings like that but nope.
When Sachin does the job it doesn't come down to last few wickets of 4th innings, like this.:winky: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/engine/match/464527.html What Laxman has done all through his life is this http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/engine/match/464526.html Both have played their own roles. Doesn't make Laxman greater than Sachin. It is just that some innings get etched in memories more than others and some players can be defined by few innings or shots while for some there are just too many of them.
Bradman averages 99.94 - because bowling is poor but bowlers average 20 plus.. - because batting is poor Fact is in each era there were very good bowlers, very good batsmen. very poor bowlers very poor batsmen. If you are going to bring age as a factor i am going to bring fitness as a factor. Not many could outrun Gary kirsten during practice. We are very poor athletes. Even 25 year old guys run like 50 year old guys. Munaf, Ishant, Ashwin, Praveen.
I have a keyboard. I can search YouTube and post a video. Listen to me' date=' I'm the "All time great" poster in the world.[/quote'] But you have to give him points for being so persistent and bull-headed. He probably crawls internet at night so that he can find enough dirt to throw on other greats to biggy up SRT. I am sure he's already working on a new thesis titled "How Tendulkar was a better big match player than Ponting and Richards" :giggle:
When Sachin does the job it doesn't come down to last few wickets of 4th innings, like this.:winky: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/engine/match/464527.html What Laxman has done all through his life is this http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/engine/match/464526.html Both have played their own roles. Doesn't make Laxman greater than Sachin. It is just that some innings get etched in memories more than others and some players can be defined by few innings or shots while for some there are just too many of them.
The Tendulkar example you showed, the job was actually done by Pujara :hysterical: He and Vijay took India to 89/1 while chasing 200. As for Laxman he has done lot more than that one game. His 281, his unbeaten 100 against SL while chasing 265 when India were 60/4 and knock he played against SA in SA last year are just a few examples :hatsoff:
8823d1327525526-premiership-2011-12-troll-face-jpg ^ "I turn every thread, including retirement and tributes thread, in to an SRT thread. If there are no discussion going on, I recycle stuff and start threads like this one. I have to comment on SRT as I can't comment on anyone else. SRTSRTSRT"