Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

The Tendulkar example you showed, the job was actually done by Pujara :hysterical: He and Vijay took India to 89/1 while chasing 200. As for Laxman he has done lot more than that one game. His 281, his unbeaten 100 against SL while chasing 265 when India were 60/4 and knock he played against SA in SA last year are just a few examples :hatsoff:
Dravid/Laxman have played some blinders in tests to win match. Sachin had opportunities.. But didn't really step up. India chasing 120 odd against Windies, In zimababwe Sachin was in his absolute peak . India had to chase a meagre 235 runs . Dravid was the only one who stepped up 118 & 44. Sachin was nowhere to be seen. In SA India had a golden chance to win a test series. Out of the blue he started playing a tailender against debutant Paul harris. Then in Bangalore test, after sehwag showed how it was easy to bat on that pitch Tendulkar showed how to complicate things by being over-defensive. That was an ordeal 19 runs in 95 balls with a life.
The Tendulkar example you showed' date= the job was actually done by Pujara :hysterical: He and Vijay took India to 89/1 while chasing 200. As for Laxman he has done lot more than that one game. His 281, his unbeaten 100 against SL while chasing 265 when India were 60/4 and knock he played against SA in SA last year are just a few examples :hatsoff:
This is laughable. Job was actually done by Sachin. see who scored the winning run :hysterical: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/engine/match/464527.html?innings=4;page=1;view=commentary In Mohali test, test previous to one mentioned above, Job was done by Ojha. See who scored last six runs :hysterical:
So compare' date= Bradman and Hobbs with IPL players. Why bring them when we discussing Serious International Test Cricket :cantstop:.
I think we are on our way... I am sure BossBhai can dig up a few videos to prove how Valthaty's technique is better than Trumper, how Jadeja would have owned Sobers and how likes of manish Pandey and Asnodkar would have made Hobbs & Bradman look like novices.
This is laughable. Job was actually done by Sachin. see who scored the winning run :hysterical: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/engine/match/464527.html?innings=4;page=1;view=commentary In Mohali test, test previous to one mentioned above, Job was done by Ojha. See who scored last six runs :hysterical:
Kudos to you for defining the phrase "finishing the job" :hatsoff: Yup, Tendulkar "finished the job" while coming in at 100/2 while chasing 200 where a youngster scored 70 odd, and how Ojha finished the job remaining unbeaten on 6 with Laxman unbeaten on 70 odd at the other end :hail: But I guess that's what SRT fanboys can do as SRT didn't really have too many match-winning innings that his fanboys can come up with :giggle:
Bradman averages 99.94 - because bowling is poor but bowlers average 20 plus.. - because batting is poor Fact is in each era there were very good bowlers, very good batsmen. very poor bowlers very poor batsmen. If you are going to bring age as a factor i am going to bring fitness as a factor. Not many could outrun Gary kirsten during practice. We are very poor athletes. Even 25 year old guys run like 50 year old guys. Munaf, Ishant, Ashwin, Praveen.
But nowadays no body plays Test Cricket after age of 40. So you think that people from all countries like SA and Aus have become lazy bums like Munaf? Never thought that fitness level across the world have gone down so much in last 30 years or so.
Kudos to you for defining the phrase "finishing the job" :hatsoff: Yup, Tendulkar "finished the job" while coming in at 100/2 while chasing 200 where a youngster scored 70 odd, and how Ojha finished the job remaining unbeaten on 6 with Laxman unbeaten on 70 odd at the other end :hail: But I guess that's what SRT fanboys can do as SRT didn't really have too many match-winning innings that his fanboys can come up with :giggle:
No you re-defined the phase by saying that Pujara won the game for Bangalore test against Australia. I am just drawing corollary.
Dravid/Laxman have played some blinders in tests to win match. Sachin had opportunities.. But didn't really step up. India chasing 120 odd against Windies' date=' In zimababwe Sachin was in his absolute peak . India had to chase a meagre 235 runs . Dravid was the only one who stepped up 118 & 44. Sachin was nowhere to be seen. In SA India had a golden chance to win a test series. Out of the blue he started playing a tailender against debutant Paul harris. Then in Bangalore test, after sehwag showed how it was easy to bat on that pitch Tendulkar showed how to complicate things by being over-defensive. That was an ordeal 19 runs in 95 balls with a life.[/quote'] As I said in one of my earlier posts, SRT is like Peyton Manning - great otherwise but goes missing at the crunch.
I think we are on our way... I am sure BossBhai can dig up a few videos to prove how Valthaty's technique is better than Trumper' date= how Jadeja would have owned Sobers and how likes of manish Pandey and Asnodkar would have made Hobbs & Bradman look like novices.
I'll not be surprised if that is found out to be true. If you compare relative standing among contemporary cricketers than that a different point. Don't you know, now even Indians runs faster than Jesse Owens.
No you re-defined the phase by saying that Pujara won the game for Bangalore test against Australia. I am just drawing corollary.
Pls have a poll for that scorecard and ask who finished the job - Pujara and Tendulkar, and you will get the answer. Remaining unbeaten while chasing 200 when no. 3 has scored 70 odd (and by the time no. 3 left there were just 50 odd to get with 7 wkts in hand) is not finishing the job. In this case no. 3 gets the credit for doing so. But hey, that's the best SRT fanboys can come up with for finishing the job :haha: As the saying goes "when the going gets tough, SRT goes missing"
Dravid/Laxman have played some blinders in tests to win match. Sachin had opportunities.. But didn't really step up. India chasing 120 odd against Windies' date= In zimababwe Sachin was in his absolute peak . India had to chase a meagre 235 runs . Dravid was the only one who stepped up 118 & 44. Sachin was nowhere to be seen. In SA India had a golden chance to win a test series. Out of the blue he started playing a tailender against debutant Paul harris. Then in Bangalore test, after sehwag showed how it was easy to bat on that pitch Tendulkar showed how to complicate things by being over-defensive. That was an ordeal 19 runs in 95 balls with a life.
I hope you know that who had ensured in that test match that target remains as low as 120.
I'll not be surprised if that is found out to be true. If you compare relative standing among contemporary cricketers than that a different point. Don't you know, now even Indians runs faster than Jesse Owens.
I am actually positive that Sachin fanboys will unearth videos to prove the same and I'm glad you already think Valthaty's technique might trmp Trumper's :two_thumbs_up:
Pls have a poll for that scorecard and ask who finished the job - Pujara and Tendulkar' date=' and you will get the answer. Remaining unbeaten while chasing 200 when no. 3 has scored 70 odd (and by the time no. 3 left there were just 50 odd to get with 7 wkts in hand) is not finishing the job. In this case no. 3 gets the credit for doing so. But hey, that's the best SRT fanboys can come up with for finishing the job :haha: As the saying goes [b']"when the going gets tough, SRT goes missing"
Correct phrase is "Going gets tough only when Sachin misses. Don't confuse Prob(A/B) = Prob(B/A).
Why don't you show me someone like Ernie Toshack today who has a bowling avg of 21.04 .. bowling left arm super slow medium ? Or a Bill Bowes with a bowling avg of 22 ?
dude. if you are going to say bowling fast get you wickets Ishant would have been the most successful bowler of all time for India. So don't drag pace into discussion. Tremlett bowled only around 77 mph and has better average than any of the Indian bowlers. Umesh bowls faster than whole bunch of bowlers in the 80s (marshall, holding, roberts, garner, imran etc.) Avge is avge.. it doesn't matter they bowl fast or super slow.
But the point remains when someone needs to put his hands up to carry the team over the line' date=' it's not Tendulkar. He scores runs most of the times but not at the crunch.[/quote'] Again don't confuse prob(B/A) = Prob(A/B). If Sachin had scored a fifty in that target of 120, nobody would have told that it was a crunch situation. Do you think that chasing 120 in fourth innings a cruch situation? It became crunch only when Sachin failed. In all earnest way, I suggest you to read complete article on psychological analysis, which I had posted few days back, to see why human mind fails to separate out these kind of cause and effects clearly.
Correct phrase is "Going gets tough only when Sachin misses. Don't confuse Prob(A/B) = Prob(B/A).
For you maybe, but as far as I know if I have to pick 2 batsmen in the middle to bat for my life in a crucial game in odis I would pick Gambhir and Dhoni (with Yuvi the next player in), and in Tests if I have to pick a pair to bat for my life it would be Dravid and Laxman at their peak. If I could pick non-Indian players it would be Dhoni/Bevan (Hussey & Gambhir as reserves) in odis and Kallis/Ponting in Tests (Laxman in the reserve). For all the records SRT has I wouldn't pick SRT to bat for my life in a one-off game.
I hope you know that who had ensured in that test match that target remains as low as 120.
Abhay kuruvilla? seriously.. Dravid also made 233 in t he adelaide test.. he didn't wash his hands off in the second innings saying "my job is over in the first innings". He followed it up with a brilliant 72 not out in the 2nd innings. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64060.html Similarly in West Indies on an unplayable pitch Dravid didn't quit after good first innings. He backed up with another good innings in the 2nd innings. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/239923.html IN Kolkatta against Pakistan Dravid didn't exactly quit after scoring a 100 in the first innings. He followed it up with a match winning 100 in the 2nd. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64126.html In Kolkatta Laxman didn't exactly quit after a 59 in the first innings. He followed it up with a brilliant 281. You have to go all the way sir. Not just do half the job.. and say i am done.
For you maybe' date=' but as far as I know if I have to pick 2 batsmen in the middle to bat for my life in a crucial game in odis I would pick Gambhir and Dhoni (with Yuvi the next player in), and in Tests if I have to pick a pair to bat for my life it would be Dravid and Laxman at their peak. If I could pick non-Indian players it would be Dhoni/Bevan (Hussey & Gambhir as reserves) in odis and Kallis/Ponting in Tests (Laxman in the reserve). For all the records SRT has I wouldn't pick SRT to bat for my life in a one-off game.[/quote'] If you are in a sinking boat, yes Laxman is better choice than Sachin. But hey, why let it come to the Sinking Boat. Have a sturdy ship with Sachin. Dude, I have great respect for Laxman and I am not gonna post a word against him. If you ask me to list out three best innings of year 2010, I would pick all three innings from Laxman's repertoire - Mohali, J'Borg and Colombo. But Sachin had his role in the team and Laxman had his.