Pietersen and Prior's antics slaughtered by English journalist !

Check this out;

Nobody has ever mistaken Kevin Pietersen for the Scarlet Pimpernel but his behaviour upon reaching his ninth Test century was brazen even by his gaudy standards, and it's time he was instructed to put a sock in it. Pietersen had a 'net', so to speak, when he reached his half-century against India. First he saluted his team-mates on the dressing-room balcony; then he directed his bat towards his bird, perched in the Edrich Stand. Only then did he seem to realise that there were also 30,000 spectators present, who had paid good money to watch the day's play, and whose generous ovation required some acknowledgement. Having completed his century, Pietersen galloped halfway towards Primrose Hill (ignoring the possibility that the ball he had struck through the on-side field might have been intercepted before it crossed the boundary), indulged in some embarrassing courtship with the bride-to-be, and then adopted the pose with which Bruce Forsyth introduced The Generation Game, face contorted, knees braced, right fist clenched. When he returned to the other end he started waving his bat again, like a demented forester trying to hack his way through the jungle. This was cricket as private ritual, scripted by Mills and Boon, enacted by a ham. Pietersen had batted very well, as he often does, but, my word, he makes it hard for people to like him. ''Look at me,'' he was saying, as he minced down the pitch. ''It's all about me, me, me." It wasn't, and it never will be. Scores of batsmen have made Test centuries at Lord's, and every one has relished the fact without behaving in such a thoughtless manner. Steve Bucknor, the umpire, felt it necessary to tell Pietersen to get a move on, because everybody else was keen to resume the game. There is a world of difference between this exhibitionism, and the genuine joy that overcomes Monty Panesar whenever he takes a wicket. Panesar is sharing his good fortune with others in a natural way, even if he runs further in his celebratory lap than some folk go for their holidays. Pietersen, with or without the sunglasses he is paid to advertise, merely wants to make a spectacle of himself. And please, dear boy, spare us the guff about ''doing it for my country''. Most people who watch cricket know that you came to this country from South Africa, who have a perfectly good Test side of their own. You have been accepted as a member of the England side, and you have played some fine innings, but don't play the patriot card. We're not that daft. Another chap in the dressing room should also mind his Ps and Qs. Matt Prior is only five matches into his Test career, yet the cheeky new bug has already established a reputation as a man who has far too much to say for himself. Though he is handy with the bat, his ragged glovework does not entitle the lippy stumper to address opponents so freely. (Incidentally, when did this idea of the wicketkeeper as baiter-in-chief arise?) Peter Moores, the England coach, should tell him to belt up because no cricket-lover wants to see the Test side represented by loud-mouthed bores, particularly if they don't catch the ball when they are supposed to. Funnily enough, the England players are altogether less open when it comes to talking to the media. India put up six players for interview before the Test. England tend to offer either the captain or the coach, with the others happy to save their perfumed banalities for those unmissable newspaper columns. So which current cricketer displays grace? Easy: Rahul Dravid. The Indian captain is a great batsman, a truly great batsman, not just a very good one. He is also a man of intelligence and dignity, and, like so many people from the sub-continent, he speaks English with a charm and fluency that shames the modern Briton.
From The Telegraph ...and you people thought that the Indian media was bad ? This tool of a writer is criticising his players for the manner in which they celebrate centuries !
So which current cricketer displays grace? Easy: Rahul Dravid. The Indian captain is a great batsman, a truly great batsman, not just a very good one. He is also a man of intelligence and dignity, and, like so many people from the sub-continent, he speaks English with a charm and fluency that shames the modern Briton.
i guess poosy boy did lick those damn english well. :haha:

lol Dhonds.... let me jus say, Dravid is following in the footsteps of Shilpa shetty ... it vindicates all my posts.... tht our own Ray Barone needs to be like by all and he aint the fierce leader we need.... all these brownie points are not going to affect the scoreline....

I am really beginning to enjoy Michael Henderson's columns. He is a classy writer. This guy beats his own team with the ugly stick while (quite literally) gushing over ours. Check this out;

Matt Prior the buffoon should grow up It was a fractious Test at Nottingham and, although Sri Sreesanth, the Indian opening bowler, was the most culpable offender, England did not cover themselves in glory. And it will have surprised nobody who has followed their cricket this summer that the man who has most to learn is Matt Prior, the imperfect gloveman. This is what Prior had to say on the third evening, after the ludicrous 'jelly bean' incident involving Zaheer Khan: 'It's a tough game. A lot of people are under a lot of pressure. If you can do anything to get one-up on your opponent you're going to do that, as long as it is kept within the spirit of the game'. He then said: 'It's important to have 11 people hunting together, creating intensity and making the batsman uncomfortable'. Leaving aside the obvious reply, that the best way of making any batsman uncomfortable is to knock his poles out, there can be only one appropriate answer to that sorry statement by the sophomore stumper: balls. For the benefit of Prior, and Alastair Cook, whose column yesterday referred to something called 'positive energy', Test cricket has always been played with 'intensity'. If it were not, few people would bother to watch. There is also 'pressure', of a kind. That is what international sportsmen are paid handsomely to cope with. But, as most people know, there is pressure and pressure. To the best of our knowledge neither Prior nor Cook has saved somebody from a burning house, or a sinking boat, faced a gunman, delivered a baby, or talked a troubled soul out of taking their life. That is the pressure that thousands of our fellow citizens are paid to deal with on a daily basis, and not one of them is paid nearly so well as they. What Prior really meant was this: 'I'm a lippy so-and-so, and it is my job to make offensive or insulting remarks to opponents to try to put them off their game. This is a necessary part of Test cricket, and anybody who doesn't realise this to be the unvarnished truth is a fuddy-duddy'. :haha: The fact is, England are a graceless side. That is odd, because Michael Vaughan is a fine man and an excellent captain, though he has never been a *****cat. The time has come for him to have a strong word or two because, for all the talent in the side, and there is some, the collective impression is one of sourness. To judge by the face he is happy to present to the world Prior is a buffoon. Cook just seems a bit dim. According to this young shaver the methods applied by Moores at Sussex 'are now beginning to take shape at international level'. Aye, England are one down! It's time to grow up, chaps.
...and on Indian batsmen;
To watch Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid in harness on Saturday afternoon, and then to admire VVS Laxman, was to be transported to a different world: a world of delicacy and enchantment, buttressed by the rock-solid foundations of the straight bat and the clear mind. Michael Vaughan played splendidly, but he can't do it on his tod. Not that this skill satisfied everybody. Having left Trent Bridge on that second evening, and taken refuge in Nottingham's most famous pub, one intoxicated know-nowt informed fellow drinkers that it had been the worst day's cricket of the summer. In fact, it had been the best, made so by the bats and brains of two supreme craftsmen. Tendulkar missed a much longed-for century by nine runs, and it was hard not to share his misery, for he had given everything. And what about Lord Snooty? Whether or not Sourav Ganguly is fortunate to have played as much Test cricket as he has, he contributed healthily to India's victory, wobbling the ball around to good effect as well as wielding the bat. The domestic staff at Snootington Hall have clearly been busy in the nets these past weeks, lining up to bowl the lord of the manor back into form in between their household duties. You have to hand it to Snooty: he did jolly well, the bounder.
Read the full article HERE
They are getting slaughtered, check this out from the brilliant sports jouralist at the Times Simon Barnes http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/simon_barnes/article2189321.ece
:haha: I loved reading that ! I'd encourage everyone to read it. Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed these paragraphs in particular;
The England cricket team are suffering from confusion. The players believe to a man that behaving like an arsehole makes you a better cricketer. The fact is that it doesn’t. It only makes you an arsehole.
:D
So what is Moores’s response to the present outbreak of nonsense? “There is an issue about whether the stump mike should be so loud.” No there is not, there is an issue about whether the England players should make such prats of themselves.
:D
England didn’t look well ’ard, they looked well pathetic. These people are supposed to be playing for England, they are supposed to be representing me. So England have copied the boasting and the taunting while failing to produce a Shane Warne or a Glenn McGrath. And it’s contentious, I know, but I think Warne and McGrath did more to win cricket matches for Australia than any amount of mental disintegration inspired by Steve Waugh’s sledging. England may lack the talent of Warne and McGrath, but they can certainly behave in an infantile and boorish fashion, and that’s almost as good, isn’t it?
So there is a line to be drawn. I’d be inclined to draw it on purely aesthetic grounds: if it’s ugly, childish and pathetic, it’s time for the umpires to step in, as they are empowered to do. As Christopher Martin-Jenkins has pointed out on these pages before, a five-run penalty for an illegal attempt to put the batsman off is within the laws of the game.
I like the last idea.