A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

lolwhat.. our bowling really suck and you should not bring it to defend sachins selfish innings.. its a 350++ pitch and sachin restricted us to 289 instead of 350.. check the below scorecard 29720912.jpg
This thread not going anywhere now ,and your post justifies it .

How is it Tendulkars fault if we have a **** captain who plays favouritsm and a bunch of pathetic bowlers. Its sad to see the hate speeches on here directed towards Tendulkar he has carried India on his back for 23 years the guy is an IMMORTAL alongside Bradman. You guys are a disgrace its shocking and saddening to see how some people have spewed nothing but hatred towards Tendulkar.:o

Sure he wasted and if he didn't but got out in the process you will probably be saying he can't even get to a hundred against Bangladesh. This is a no win situation for Sachin Tendulkar' date=' anyways it's your opinion and if you thought it was a disgrace so be it. Perhaps he didn't reckon Bangladesh would be able to chase down the target so he took time? Hindsight is good but we are not blessed with it.[/quote'] What hindsight. Bangladesh had already made 283 in WC against us so yes they were perfectly capable of chasing on a flat track with weak bowling attack. Since when we could only score 289, I had that feeling that this score may not be enough and it proved in the end.
Nothing to do with Sachin, if he hadnt scored a 100 we might have lost by a bigger margin given the state of our bowlers! But these things happen once in a while no need for ott reactions Blame lies with Dhoni's selections and bowlers.
Sachin's innings yesterday is why I rate Dravid above him. Dravid was the ultimate team player, Sachin plays for himself
I've read the statistic that says India scored 289 runs of which Sachin scored 114 in 147 deliveries @ 4.65 rpo and the others scored 175 in 153 deliveries @ 6.8 rpo; on many sites and newspapers. Why are we counting extras in the runs the 'others' have scored. Remove the 18 extras and the score is 157 in 153 deliveries @ ~ 6 rpo. The difference isn't that stark, considering that Sachin had to face the better bowlers initially.
10 wides. So it would be 165 of 153 deliveries a Strike Rate of 107.84. Clearly Virat is equally at fault here.
Normally the batsman that plays the long innings plays the role of one who binds the innings and other around him do the job of scoring fast. It's nothing new' date=' has been happening for ages. Rahud Dravid has played that role for India numerous times and often at a much slower pace than Sachin's. When he does it, he is called the wall. When Sachin does it, he is selfish.[/quote'] The anchor role is typically played like this. 25 off 40 balls 50 off 75 balls 75 off 100 balls 100 of 120 balls 125 off 135 balls etc, with some adjustments based on pitch, bowling strength etc. If there were loss of wickets, then there may be some slow down here and there, but that was not the case yesterday. Can you explain how Sachin played an anchor role yesterday, against a weak minnow opposition on a 300+ wicket? Please do not bring in Dravid here as he is not a ODI wonder. He was lucky to be in the ODI team and do not compare Sachin with Dravid ODI wise. Even if Dravid did it, it would be nothing short of selfish. But Dravid plays slow because that is the way he knows to play, which is better suited for test matches than ODIs. Nobody hails Dravid as the wall in ODI matches.
Normally the batsman that plays the long innings plays the role of one who binds the innings and other around him do the job of scoring fast. It's nothing new' date=' has been happening for ages. Rahud Dravid has played that role for India numerous times and often at a much slower pace than Sachin's. When he does it, he is called the wall. When Sachin does it, he is selfish.[/quote'] but that is against stronger bowling attack and on better tracks and Dravid did not have in him to score 100 SR most of the times. It was a flat track. Slow batting, building an innings is only good to some extent not when you are 220 for 2 and individually 80 odd.
What hindsight. Bangladesh had already made 283 in WC against us so yes they were perfectly capable of chasing on a flat track with weak bowling attack. Since when we could only score 289' date=' I had that feeling that this score may not be enough and it proved in the end.[/quote'] It doesn't matter what you thought and what went on. Sachin Tendulkar scored a 100 and that is something that will be remembered for a very long time to come rather than India losing against Bangladesh. Perhaps you may but not the future generations. Similar such feats are told about Hadlee as well but the current generation cares a hoot, we just remember Hadlee to be one of the top players of the past. Similarly the insignificant one dayer will be washed in the drain and the 100 100 will be forever remembered. I think as much as Sachin, many will be seeing this hundred more of a relief than an achievement at the moment unfortunately.
The anchor role is typically played like this. 25 off 40 balls 50 off 75 balls 75 off 100 balls 100 of 120 balls 125 off 135 balls etc, with some adjustments based on pitch, bowling strength etc. If there were loss of wickets, then there may be some slow down here and there, but that was not the case yesterday. Can you explain how Sachin played an anchor role yesterday, against a weak minnow opposition on a 300+ wicket? Please do not bring in Dravid here as he is not a ODI wonder. He was lucky to be in the ODI team and do not compare Sachin with Dravid ODI wise. Even if Dravid did it, it would be nothing short of selfish. But Dravid plays slow because that is the way he knows to play, which is better suited for test matches than ODIs. Nobody hails Dravid as the wall in ODI matches.
Seriously? Now you want to dictate the course of the innings to him? Why don't you also tell him which balls to hit for four and which one to defend?
Seriously? Now you want to dictate the course of the innings to him? Why don't you also tell him which balls to hit for four and which one to defend?
I said the anchor role was meant to be a launching pad for a late assault, which was not the case. Anchor role is not for tuk tuk till 45th over for a personal record. That was cricket of the 80s a la Ravi Shastri. Sachin did not show intent to accelerate till he got to his 100. This is deliberate under performance. This was his second slowest 100, on a good wicket against a minnow, does it still mean nothing to you? Achor role is also played when early wkts are lost and the team is trying to build. This was untrue yesterday. India sliipped from 170/1 at one stage to finish at a woeful 289 even without any collapse. The extra runs were precious because our bowling is poor.
It doesn't matter what you thought and what went on. Sachin Tendulkar scored a 100 and that is something that will be remembered for a very long time to come rather than India losing against Bangladesh. Perhaps you may but not the future generations. Similar such feats are told about Hadlee as well but the current generation cares a hoot' date=' we just remember Hadlee to be one of the top players of the past. Similarly the insignificant one dayer will be washed in the drain and the 100 100 will be forever remembered. I think as much as Sachin, many will be seeing this hundred more of a relief than an achievement at the moment unfortunately.[/quote'] Current generation cares a hoot about Hadlee like. I never saw him and only know he had 431 wickets, nothing more that that. Same about Sachin too. New generations will only know his hundreds and runs, will read articles and books written on him. But sport is not played to show to future generations. All what matters is present. Future generations will have their own stars at that time and they will be busy talking and watching them rather than what has gone in the past.

Some great post here so Ponka didnt need to comment further.

Current generation cares a hoot about Hadlee like. I never saw him and only know he had 431 wickets' date= nothing more that that. Same about Sachin too. New generations will only know his hundreds and runs, will read articles and books written on him. But sport is not played to show to future generations. All what matters is present. Future generations will have their own stars at that time and they will be busy talking and watching them rather than what has gone in the past.
lolwhat.. our bowling really suck and you should not bring it to defend sachins selfish innings.. its a 350++ pitch and sachin restricted us to 289 instead of 350.. check the below scorecard 29720912.jpg
I said the anchor role was meant to be a launching pad for a late assault' date=' which was not the case. [b']Anchor role is not for tuk tuk till 45th over for a personal record. That was cricket of the 80s a la Ravi Shastri. Sachin did not show intent to accelerate till he got to his 100. This is deliberate under performance. This was his second slowest 100, on a good wicket against a minnow, does it still mean nothing to you? Achor role is also played when early wkts are lost and the team is trying to build. This was untrue yesterday. India sliipped from 170/1 at one stage to finish at a woeful 289 even without any collapse. The extra runs were precious because our bowling is poor.
Current generation cares a hoot about Hadlee like. I never saw him and only know he had 431 wickets' date=' nothing more that that. Same about Sachin too. New generations will only know his hundreds and runs, will read articles and books written on him. But sport is not played to show to future generations. All what matters is present. Future generations will have their own stars at that time and they will be busy talking and watching them rather than what has gone in the past.[/quote'] If the rest of the teams only worried about their current game result, they will never quite win the next one and jump into a lake. Similarly if you are only worried about today's result, the word "Consistency" will need to be removed from the books.
If the rest of the teams only worried about their current game result' date=' they will never quite win the next one and jump into a lake. Similarly if you are only worried about today's result, the word "Consistency" will need to be removed from the books.[/quote'] No, I am only worried about only current game. When next game will be played, we will be worried about that because that will be the present. People will only worry about what is happening in present. If you do well at present, it takes of the future as well. That is why I said. Future generations will have their own stars and they will worry about them and their team then.
No' date=' I am only worried about only current game. When next game will be played, we will be worried about that because that will be the present. People will only worry about what is happening in present. If you do well at present, it takes of the future as well. That is why I said. Future generations will have their own stars and they will worry about them and their team then.[/quote'] If you were only worried about a day's result, you will never be able to look forward if the results don't go your way no? Indian cricket fans mentality is pretty much this. Unfortunately for you there are other bunch of people that watches the game for entertainment, pleasure and to admire the finesse that only a handful of players achieve. Some don't even care what team is out there playing cricket, they just watch for the sheer pleasure of watching greatness.There's not only people that follow a team's results but there are people that follow few individuals closely too you see.
If you were only worried about a day's result' date=' you will never be able to look forward if the results don't go your way no? Indian cricket fans mentality is pretty much this. Unfortunately for you there are other bunch of people that watches the game for entertainment, pleasure and to admire the finesse that only a handful of players achieve. Some don't even care what team is out there playing cricket, they just watch for the sheer pleasure of watching greatness.There's not only people that follow a team's results but there are people that follow few individuals closely too you see.[/quote'] It is only apt to concentrate in what we are doing at present because if we cannot do justice to what we are doing at present how can it be possible that we will be able to what we have next. It is a process. Regarding watching sheer greatness, it was nothing like greatness yesterday. Yes, history was created, but if you had watched the game, the way it was created, did not do justice to the history which was created. Yes, there may never be right occasion, that is why I am happy he did it because these things cannot be planned, but I am more sad for the way we lost and it was an appalling team performance on the field.
It is only apt to concentrate in what we are doing at present because if we cannot do justice to what we are doing at present how can it be possible that we will be able to what we have next. It is a process. Regarding watching sheer greatness' date= it was nothing like greatness yesterday. Yes, history was created, but if you had watched the game, the way it was created, did not do justice to the history which was created. Yes, there may never be right occasion, that is why I am happy he did it because these things cannot be planned, but I am more sad for the way we lost and it was an appalling team performance on the field.
The guy has been playing for 20 plus years for india. Stellar perfoemances for decades. Dont judge him on 1 hour of his whole god dammn carrer. And what he he has achived is amazing, truly great. As Vettori said " Sachin has been in form more then many other players have been a live"