"They are all proven performers."

We seems to use this term a lot everytime we talk about the Big 4 from our middle order. I dont have any stats (going only by memory so correct me where ever i am wrong) wht ever success we have had OUTSIDE India apart from a handful of games which Dravid won us like the final test in WI (dont remember the middle order contribution in SA win), i just cant think of a game which our proven performers have WON. The key is winning not scoring 600 and getting a draw.

We seems to use this term a lot everytime we talk about the Big 4 from our middle order. I dont have any stats (going only by memory so correct me where ever i am wrong) wht ever success we have had OUTSIDE India apart from a handful of games which Dravid won us like the final test in WI (dont remember the middle order contribution in SA win)' date= i just cant think of a game which our proven performers have WON. The key is winning not scoring 600 and getting a draw.
WRONG! no go back and find some other way to demean these guys and come back to receive more ......... Relax THX ... take it easy .. cheers -Bheem
not much after 2004.
how many tests have we played outside the subcontinent since the 2003-2004 australia series? answer: 3 (in south africa) where we won the one match thanks to the defiant middle order batting in the second innings and the wonderful bowling; 4 in west indies that ought to have been 3-0 victory for us had we not been denied by the bowlers in the first match and the rain in the second. both instances, our batting flourished. jf1 if you want to bash tendulkar, dravid and the lot, go to PP you will find adequate company there. maybe find yourself a good bride while youre at it.
how many tests have we played outside the subcontinent since the 2003-2004 australia series? answer: 3 (in south africa) where we won the one match thanks to the defiant middle order batting in the second innings and the wonderful bowling; 4 in west indies that ought to have been 3-0 victory for us had we not been denied by the bowlers in the first match and the rain in the second. both instances, our batting flourished. jf1 if you want to bash tendulkar, dravid and the lot, go to PP you will find adequate company there. maybe find yourself a good bride while youre at it.
i am sorry i forgot our proven performers won us the world cup.
That is a very ambiguos and subjective statement ... if you can quantify it I will convert that into numbers ... how many runs do you want against these 4 in matches won for you to consider they had a hand .... ?
Everytime we claim we have the best middle order, we should be able to show series win. Except for our win in Pak all we have is drawn series in Aus and Eng. Eng with a crappy team won a test in India. We lost to Aus at home when ponting was missing. We drew against Pak at home lost in pak, struggled to win against SA at home then lost in SA. All i am saying is our proven performers arent consistent. Only one clicks at a time if more than one clicks we end up with a draw.

I think it also should be asked how many did they lose during this period. A good comparison of wins and loses will show how often they have done well. IMO they peaked for about 2 to 3 years. That was the time when everyone in the middle order scored runs for fun. I guess the current middle order will have its moments still but age does bring the reflexes down a bit and that is a fact. Even the likes of Richards, Lara and the rest had to go through it.