IPL 5: KKR supporters thread.

Malcolm Merlyn

Doesn't score much' date=' so can't even get a place in Bengal XI in Ranji. And Bengal's batting is really crap at this moment.[/quote'] There have been quite a few talented batsmen who have been wasted. When I first saw him in 2008 IPL, he looked good but was not able to score big and then he was dropped.

This is prolly the last year of Shakib in KKR. Other team like Deccan' date=' Pune should bid for Shakib in the next ed. No point of wasting talent and time.[/quote'] But gambhir will retain him and keep him as back up player :(( Imo he should be playing for Deccan. Deccan really needs a world class middle order batsman and world class spinner. And ur problem is solved. Sanga, white, steyn and Sakib is a good combination. He could also go play for punjab or pune and could do much better in place of vettori. However best wouldve been to play under dravid, dravid is one player who is unbiased and shows respect to big players. Remember, he said that cooper is a suprise package. Gambhir on the other hand seems to boss around sakib despite knowing that the latter has achieved more recognition in his intl career being worlds's best all rounder Anyways, KKR needs 2 win any of the next 2 encounters to qualify :D

KKR got the first 3 foreign players right but the last spot has been questionable. YP needs to be dropped because HE SUCKS BALLS atm. He has not done anything with the bat and the ball equaly. Bisla has done 2x more with the bat than what Mcllum has done for KKR, that alone should allow BISLA to take on the gloves. His glove works is ok standard aswell. I would go with Morgan if they are trying to strengthen the batting lineup as the last foreign player or I would choose Shakib because he brings both bowling/batting option on the field (his batting isn't anything that should be written off either). Ten has not done much in this tournament so not sure about him. But the bottom line is YP and Mcullum is wasting 2 spots in the team for sure!

But the bottom line is YP and Mcullum is wasting 2 spots in the team for sure!
Correctly said...but the latest Gauti interview points to Pathan continue existance in the XI. This also shows how poor KKR bench is....that they cant find a decent Indian player to replace underperforming but heavy paid Pathan. McCullan is another case. Since KKR is also week there...but they should try out Morgan...& let Bisla open with Gambhir..or heck..put Pathan to open & see if he can contribute something...anything with bat

opening is not an easy task as some of you think. Openers are basically those who can keep their wickets, score a bit freely but most importantly see the ball swinging Its upto the openers to create a momentum. An opening partnership of like 55 from 30 balls mean the team is going towards 200. If its like 35 from 30, it means the team is heading to something like 150-160. Not to mention, playing against seam is a diff. task and thats why guys like Bisla and gambhir shud open the innings

Shakib – one of the brightest stars in world cricket – would have probably never sat out a match in his life. But his attitude and team spirit is amazing. To see him arm in arm with Sunil Narine, giving him tips on sub-continental pitches makes me realize why cricket is such a special game – and why Shakib will one day be remembered as one of the greats of the game. source: http://kkr.in/blog/strong-performance-in-chennai.aspx

Never sat out a match?? Last year Sakib only played 7 matches whilst Lee and Morgan where failing in every alternative match And as for the time being he should play instead of kalam and bhatia or pathan or even shukla should be replaced by Bisla who has been in top form for the time being. Balaji should be back hopefully and if he does lee might get the chop

Never sat out a match?? Last year Sakib only played 7 matches whilst Lee and Morgan where failing in every alternative match And as for the time being he should play instead of kalam and bhatia or pathan or even shukla should be replaced by Bisla who has been in top form for the time being. Balaji should be back hopefully and if he does lee might get the chop
Droping Lee will be a big mistake. He's KKR only genuine PHAST bowler. I agree that atleast at Eden...Shakib should play since Eden track help Shakib bowling. But wiht KKR winning with McCullan...I think they will continue as such

I think Gambhir has lack of trust in sakib to be honest. Sakib was brilliant in a match. The next match he did a good job with the ball and failed with the bat and thats it, he wasnt played any more In recent articles, sakib said that he has chance to get into the team at any time but at the end of the day he doesnt get chance which clearly hints there is definite BIASED selection going on, which clearly explains when someone ordinary and 32 year old like bhatia is being played match after match while others like shami and abdullah have been sidelined. Even YP isnt getting dropped after horrid performances. And I also dont like this wasim akram guy, he was a terrific bowler but he keeps speaking nonsense. In the next year auction, i hope that some other team picks sakib. CSK wudnt be too bad. Pune will be nice. Just hope that this negatively fuelled KKR side never picks him