Rich comment on Sreesanth beamer

I have just watched Michael Holding commentating on Sreesanth's beamer and suggesting that it could have been deliberate, and hinting that it is unacceptable. The same Michael Holding, who, in 1984, bowled 2 consecutive beamers at SMH Kirmani (stand between Gavaskar (236) and Kirmani in Madras) - Kirmani then took guard about 5 feet outside leg and indicated to Holding where the stumps were and where he should be bowling. Oh, the irony of it all.

And, my good pal, Nass Hussain OBE, when Vaughan snicks one and is given 'not out': 'And, let us see what the snicko shows' The snicko is shown registering a clear edge. And Nass says ' Oh, I dont believe that anyway' !!
:hysterical: btw, imo sree is capable of an intentional one. he does seem to have some screws loose.
Guest dada_rocks
I have just watched Michael Holding commentating on Sreesanth's beamer and suggesting that it could have been deliberate, and hinting that it is unacceptable. The same Michael Holding, who, in 1984, bowled 2 consecutive beamers at SMH Kirmani (stand between Gavaskar (236) and Kirmani in Madras) - Kirmani then took guard about 5 feet outside leg and indicated to Holding where the stumps were and where he should be bowling. Oh, the irony of it all.
:hysterical::hysterical: someone should have reminded him in commentary box
Guest dada_rocks
And, my good pal, Nass Hussain OBE, when Vaughan snicks one and is given 'not out': 'And, let us see what the snicko shows' The snicko is shown registering a clear edge. And Nass says ' Oh, I dont believe that anyway' !!
:haha:

Its ludicrous for Holding to even suggest that Sreesanth might have deliberately bowled that beamer. It is one thing being agressive on the field , and an entirely different issue bowling beamers at batsman to hurt them. If that were the case , Andre Nel wont last more than 2 balls in a match. To his credit , David Gower sprung to Sreesanth's defence saying that Sree was a good lad and he would never do such a thing.

In fact Vaughan after about couple of overs got a waist high full toss outside the off stump. But for Karthik's fantastic diving effort it would have ended up going to the fence. Vaughan was miffed even at that. I've never seen Vaughan respond to any bowlers before that often. I think Sreesanth has absolutely got under Vaughan's skin. I suppose India has had better of pissing off the English cricketers rather than the other way around. Everyone barring Sreesanth has had a decent game meanwhile the likes of KP, Prior, Colly have failed to walk the talk. It's good to see for once the Indian cricketers walk the talk.

they just showed the replay of the beamer and the guy stepped more than a foot outside the crease. i think it was intentional and the guy should be suspended for a few games by the BCCI.
Beamer was certainly accidental and he aplogised. No proof he over stepped the mark on purpose and was intentional no ball.
they just showed the replay of the beamer and the guy stepped more than a foot outside the crease. i think it was intentional and the guy should be suspended for a few games by the BCCI.
I don't think he over stepped when bowling a beamer but overstepped when he bowled a short one from around the stumps. This isn't the first time this has happened. Brett Lee tried that too once in New Zealand but he wasn't really talked to or anything.
I don't think he over stepped when bowling a beamer but overstepped when he bowled a short one from around the stumps. This isn't the first time this has happened. Brett Lee tried that too once in New Zealand but he wasn't really talked to or anything.
Ok, my mistake. I saw them talking about Sree and then they showed this over-stepping by more than a foot and heard shastri condemning it and I assumed they were talking about the beamer.

Yeah Shastri was kind of being apologetic. He was even saying although he is an Indian he condemns it. I don't reckon that kind of drama was required. Lest Naseer called throwing jelly beans was a childish effort but Botham and Shastri tore into Sreesanth. I guess Shastri should relax a little. I don't call the act right but the batter has a bat and is quite well padded. A bouncer from a foot extra should not really rattle the batter. I reckon they were making mountain out of a molehill. Sreesanth should ease up a bit. It's nothing wrong being hot headed but if the sole purpose is to knock off a batter then he is only screwing up his bowling.