Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

False prophet: The unbelievable fakeness of Aamir Khan Sincere do-gooder or an annoyingly fake goody two-shoes? ThatÃÔ the big question hanging over Aamir KhanÃÔ new role as IndiaÃÔ number one television crusader. Satyamev Jayate has attracted its fair share of critics, and the initial barrage focused on the content of the show. Khan was variously chastised for keeping it a little too simple, doing too little, playing too safe etc. The guns have now been turned on the man himself. Ū wonder sometimes when I have nothing better to think about why a particular expression on Aamir KhanÃÔ face irritates me so deeply, begins Aveek SenÃÔ smackdown in The Telegraph. The ÅÑarticular expression that makes SenÃÔ heart ÅÓecoil is the Ã…ÃŽessianic face of the great Khan: In all the publicity stills, KhanÃÔ face has that solidly focused, almost driven, look alert, outraged, but holding the emotions back because his sense of urgency tells him thereÃÔ no time to waste. His eyes look out towards some distant horizon (election candidates often have that visionary look in their posters). Or else, he is intently listening to a victimÃÔ testimony, fighting back the tears that well up in instant empathy. His empathy is instant and humility endless and both instantly, endlessly enacted. SenÃÔ critique echoes that of Firstpost writer Rajyasree Sen who pointed to his ÅÆxaggerated shock and histrionics as if he is holding up cue cards to tell his audience how to feel. The Telegraph piece, however, goes one step further. The exaggeratedly moral facade and the show it helms, Aveek argues, is no more than slickly scripted PR strategy of an aging superstar: Ūt is good market strategy for cuteness to age into conscience, if it doesnÃÕ want to lose its monopoly over hearts. To win those hearts and avoid the ugly taint of self-righteousness, the Dil ka Badshah dons a studied aam aadmi persona, points out Saswat Pattanayak in Kindle magazine: Just when the cynics wonder if he has turned self-righteous, it turns out ôatyamev Jayate works precisely because Aamir identifies himself entirely with the audience. He, too, learns of the bitter truths about Indian society from the very show itself, live on the stage. Å®ujhe bhi aaj yeh seekh mili hai is oft-repeated. Along with the audience, he is shocked at the barbaric, with them he sheds the tears, with them he signs petitions. And in doing so, he lets the audience off the hook for their own ignorance and apathy which surely makes them love him more. Irrespective of the merits of the show and there are many AamirÃÔ real problem seems to be that he canÃÕ stop acting, be it on the show or in an interview. What jumps out in Lhendup G BhutiaÃÔ encounter with the great man are not the quotes, but his overly mannered persona (Read it here): When Aamir speaks, the voice that emerges is exactly like it sounds on screen. It is cultivated and genteel; the words are well articulated, with the inflections and intonations of a seasoned actor. YouÃÅ think Aamir had walked out of the screen into this room. When he emphasises the point of his show as ÅÄonnecting hearts jo dil ko chhoo de (one that touches hearts), he comes close and draws an imaginary thread between his heart and mine. In these moments, he looks exactly like in his films. And thereÃÔ his penchant for dialogue-baazi: One sees traces of the superstar in the manner he often chuckles, and ends his answers with one-liners such as: Å¢fter all, wedding is for a day, marriage is forever. He clearly enjoys his lines. ųemember that sentence I made, and with a click of his fingers, he says, Å¢ap shaadi ko atom bomb mut banao, ki woh ek din mein ud jaye. Agarbatti banao, zindagi bhar uski mehek aati rahegi. (DonÃÕ make your marriage an atom bomb that will blow up in a day. Make it an incense stick that will continue to lend fragrance to the rest of your life.). But all of this carping begs the bigger question: isnÃÕ this the Aamir that we all love and want? His moral crusader avatar is no more fake than his other personas, each a carefully tailored version that mimics reality without being too real. ThatÃÔ the eternal promise of movies and their best-loved actors, who dutifully hew to our desired script both on and off screen. So why blame Aamir for being what he is: a Bollywood star. Read Aveek SenÃÔ editorial, ŵhe Holiness of the HeartÃÔ Affections on the Telegraph website. And Saswat PattanayakÃÔ essay on the Kindle magazine website And Citizen Aamir in Open magazine http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/false-prophet-the-unbelievable-fakeness-of-aamir-khan-350696.html

@rktIndia: There is nothing left to discuss. All those who are praising Aamir Khan were very mediocre students in their life and they definitely missed Social Studies lesson in their school. He has not told a single thing which was not mentioned in 9th-10th standard S.S.T books. He is virtually taking a glorified S.S.T class on TV. And his mindless illiterate supporters are hailing him to be as the new Messiah -prophet of India. Just goes to show the extent mindless worshipping goes on in India.

Today he is talking about pesticides in food. He forgot about pesticides in coke which he gladly endorses. Talk about selective amnesia.
Paisa to kamaana hi hai kisi na kisi tarah se. Coke se ya for Satyamev Jayate ke shock se.

Today he is talking about pesticides in food. He forgot about pesticides in coke which he gladly endorses. Talk about selective amnesia.
coke is not essential thing..its just luxury...I think his aim is to talk about things that affect entire India. Atleast give him a credit to highlight few things that we may not know...I did not know Sikkim was 100% organic farming state...

coke is not essential thing..its just luxury...I think his aim is to talk about things that affect entire India. Atleast give him a credit to highlight few things that we may not know...I did not know Sikkim was 100% organic farming state...
So since Coke is luxury, we can have pesticide in it ? Do you know the population density of India ? We will starve to death if we don't use pesticide. Organic farming won't produce food enough to feed 1.2 billion population.

Yaar. India TV, Aajtak every 2nd week talk about these pesticides in foods.

Problem is with making Aamir Khan the messiah. When News channel every second day talk about such things.
Whats the point? All talk, no action. Everyone knows the whole country is corrupt, yet no one cares and carry on accepting that into their life.

Problem is with making Aamir Khan the messiah. When News channel every second day talk about such things.
I agree with going OTT but you're doing the exact same mistake which you're asking people not to do. We shouldn't really be looking at this as if Aamir's saying something. Just look at it as if some data, facts represented in front of you by a person. Now, it's up to us to accept the data and act on it OR to do our age old trick of shooting the messenger. The power is in our hands not Aamir and going by the way educated people are throwing tantrums here we might as well surrender.

I agree with going OTT but you're doing the exact same mistake which you're asking people not to do. We shouldn't really be looking at this as if Aamir's saying something. Just look at it as if some data' date=' facts represented in front of you by a person. Now, it's up to us to accept the data and act on it OR to do our age old trick of shooting the messenger. The power is in our hands not Aamir and going by the way educated people are throwing tantrums here we might as well surrender.[/quote'] My problem is why and why only when a celebrity like Aamir talks about these things people pay attention to that and still they only see it as an entertainment. It is not like we already do not know about the issues and these issues do not need a celebrity to raise them. This program itself wont abolish the issues.

My problem is why and why only when a celebrity like Aamir talks about these things people pay attention to that and still they only see it as an entertainment. It is not like we already do not know about the issues and these issues do not need a celebrity to raise them. This program itself wont abolish the issues.
There are certain things which are missed due to sensational reporting by our esteemed news channels. Even if we do know these issues - repeatability is not bad. I don't think even the program sees itself as an "Change India" movement. The motive is different - disseminating information in a manner which everyone is able to understand. I see nothing wrong in that.

@rktIndia: There is nothing left to discuss. All those who are praising Aamir Khan were very mediocre students in their life and they definitely missed Social Studies lesson in their school. He has not told a single thing which was not mentioned in 9th-10th standard S.S.T books. He is virtually taking a glorified S.S.T class on TV. And his mindless illiterate supporters are hailing him to be as the new Messiah -prophet of India. Just goes to show the extent mindless worshipping goes on in India.
ok genius,I am sure you are an ex iitian and then scored 99.9 in cat exam. Everyone is praising Amir for not only telling the dark realities but it is also the first time some one from bollywood has taken such cause. Wouldn't I was easy for him to just do another Dus ka Dum and KBc like serial and take Crore why would he invest so much on researchng things. His team going all over India. Ye padhaya tha tere teachier ne 9th main: Did you knew about the Kerala district? How many of us knew about Dr Mohan's effort Did you knew that Sikkim is totally Organic state. Did you knew that there is no body in india to check the level of pesticides at wholesale Me and many other illiterate come to know atleast fewthings in every episode about my own country. Abey kam se kam kutch acha hi bata rahe hai na chichoron ki tarah naach to nahi raha screen pe. Bloody Gawnar Zahil but literate Indian always shooting the messenger rather than reading the message.

ok genius,I am sure you are an ex iitian and then scored 99.9 in cat exam. Everyone is praising Amir for not only telling the dark realities but it is also the first time some one from bollywood has taken such cause. Wouldn't I was easy for him to just do another Dus ka Dum and KBc like serial and take Crore why would he invest so much on researchng things. His team going all over India. Ye padhaya tha tere teachier ne 9th main: Did you knew about the Kerala district? How many of us knew about Dr Mohan's effort Did you knew that Sikkim is totally Organic state. Did you knew that there is no body in india to check the level of pesticides at wholesale Me and many other illiterate come to know atleast fewthings in every episode about my own country. Abey kam se kam kutch acha hi bata rahe hai na chichoron ki tarah naach to nahi raha screen pe. Bloody Gawnar Zahil but literate Indian always shooting the messenger rather than reading the message.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Abey kam se kam kutch acha hi bata rahe hai na chichoron ki tarah naach to nahi raha screen pe. Bloody Gawnar Zahil but literate Indian always shooting the messenger rather than reading the message.
Yes 50 crore rupees for glorified SST class on TV. :cantstop: