Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

How can this be possible' date=' where did u get this number from, I don't accept the stats, your definition of dowry death can be different to mine and btw if you don't like it then to move to Europe or somewhere because we desis like it.[/quote'] :doh: The number of dowry deaths in India in an year is 8000 odd as per the statistics, not 300 million as per the other survey results. That is 30-35% of the population of the 2nd most populus country of the world and 5% of the entire population of the world. Of course, the numbers will be questioned. Thats why I was searching for their detailed methodoloy and the survey questions that they asked to determine if the child was a victim of abuse or not. Like Beetle posted earlier , sexual abuse can be of many forms so its important to know what was the underlying definition that the survey held.

How can this be possible' date=' where did u get this number from, [b']I don't accept the stats, your definition of dowry death can be different to mine and btw if you don't like it then to move to Europe or somewhere because we desis like it.
Why so gussa Ramyu Kaka? wo bhi itwar ke din Stats hai bhaiya personally kyun le rahe ho.

That is exactly the point Ramu Kaka is trying to make. :icflove:
No I think Ramu Chacha (spoken as ch-cha) is pi$$ed at his criticism and is now attacking the whole stats world. Ramu Ch-cha, we cant let the terrorists win...:secret:

I will wait for AK to present some survey results before commenting on terrorism
Well here is a survey result for you. An average Indian women stands 10 times more chance of appreciating an Indian man's shoulder than their butts. Is that because Indian men have great shoulders and a perfect V shaped body...or they have cr@ppy butts. Or did bulk of Indian women lie??? :doh: Discuss.. :fishing: Here is the survey by the way...http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?226010

The biggest problem with sexual abuse of children is that the people refuse to believe that it happens.It is the ostrich approach.And when it does happen...more effort is put on sweeping it under the carpet because izzat ki baat hai. How many of us were educated about this by our families?Almost none. We were never told about abuse by people we know but we were taught to give unconditional respect to every neighbor,elder ,family member and so on irrespective of whether they deserve the respect or not. I have told by daughter if anyone touches her ,makes her uncomfortable or becomes too familiar....she should scream,kick and run irrespective of who the person is.Even if it is a close relative,teacher or friend. And that no matter what...we will protect her.

SHOCKING statistics. A woman dies EVERY HOUR from #dowry related causes in India! Horrific!
Well it has also to do with the defination of law "Any married woman who dies within 7 years of marriage under unnatural circumstances, then it can be considered as dowry death, if accusations are made by the dead woman's parents or relatives".

Well it has also to do with the defination of law "Any married woman who dies within 7 years of marriage under unnatural circumstances, then it can be considered as dowry death, if accusations are made by the dead woman's parents or relatives".
how did they come up with figure '7'!!

how did they come up with figure '7'!!
It's based on most likely scenario. not all women who die like that within 7 yrs are killed for dowry it's just that the case is also investigated from that angle. Also a lot of women are killed even after 7-10 yrs of marriage.

The same way as anyone aged below 18 is a minor. They had to come up with some number I guess. :P
There is also a rule that if a woman files a complaint against her in laws for physical violence then they get arrested straightaway (within first 10 yrs of marriage ) there is another law that states that mother gets full custody no matter what till the child is 13 yrs and then they ask the kid for his preference. So there are these vague numbers everywhere and thats just to categorize majority of scenarios.

It's based on most likely scenario. not all women who die like that within 7 yrs are killed for dowry it's just that the case is also investigated from that angle. Also a lot of women are killed even after 7-10 yrs of marriage.
esp, people aware of this 7 year rule, would be careful to 'do the due' only after 7 years.

^ parents hitting children to discipline cant be physical abuse surely is it?oh feck I am a victim as well:((
Exactly' date=' this is not USA where we need to use "their" standards. India has a different style.[/quote'] Actually there have been loads of issues with our culture in the past which we have moved ahead from. Parents hitting children is 100% physical abuse and is a way for parents to cope out of the whole making the child understand wrong from right thing. There is absolutely no need to physically hit a child who is much weaker than you and cannot hit you back. There is no way in hell it teaches any lesson to the child or makes him understand his mistake. All he learns is to fear and avoid his parents in the future. Being physical is parenting fail. Most of the time they are taking off anger and frusturation from their work life on a child BTW, my parents occasionaly hit me too and they found nothing wrong with it. And while I think my parents were the best a child could ever have, I still think it was wrong of them to physically hit me Can you tell me one or two good points about physically hitting children who are weaker than you?

Actually there have been loads of issues with our culture in the past which we have moved ahead from. Parents hitting children is 100% physical abuse and is a way for parents to cope out of the whole making the child understand wrong from right thing. There is absolutely no need to physically hit a child who is much weaker than you and cannot hit you back. There is no way in hell it teaches any lesson to the child or makes him understand his mistake. All he learns is to fear and avoid his parents in the future. Being physical is parenting fail. Most of the time they are taking off anger and frusturation from their work life on a child BTW, my parents occasionaly hit me too and they found nothing wrong with it. And while I think my parents were the best a child could ever have, I still think it was wrong of them to physically hit me Can you tell me one or two good points about physically hitting children who are weaker than you?
my parents hit me too wen I did something wrong(like cheating in exams) n I sure never did that.I didnt fear my parents,I feared what they'd do if I did that thing again,so stayed away from it.sometimes as a child u r too naive to understand why something is wrong so its important to instill fear of doing that.its at all not hitting someone who cant hit u back,I once bit my father too:--D,its more of teaching discipline

Going by the SatyamevJaytey's survey report - more than 50% of the posters on this thread were sexually abused in childhood.
my parents hit me too wen I did something wrong(like cheating in exams) n I sure never did that.I didnt fear my parents' date='I feared what they'd do if I did that thing again,so stayed away from it.sometimes as a child u r too naive to understand why something is wrong so its important to instill fear of doing that.its at all not hitting someone who cant hit u back,I once bit my father too:--D,its more of teaching discipline[/quote'] Actually you are under-estimating children. Children as young as 4 know right from wrong if taught in the right way. Hitting can get teh same thing done is a lesser time period than sitting and explaining to the child so parents take the easy way out. Fear can work both ways, often times it has caused children to rebel and go into bad ways. i have friends who went into wrong paths for the same reason. Fear is a poor motivator and kills the independece of a child