ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

Dude' date=' no point in making a decision now - we need to look at the pitch and decide mate. There is a possibility it may not turn and if we play 3 spinners on such a pitch we will find ourselves wanting.[/quote'] I think we are playing all our matches in Colombo itself, so I would think as Dhoni said, we have to back our strength, which is spin bowling. I would have loved to have A.Mishra in the squad instead of fat chin Chawla, but as it is I think go with Bhajji, Chawla and Ashwin. Pathan will be the opening bowler.
I think we are playing all our matches in Colombo itself' date=' so I would think as Dhoni said, we have to back our strength, which is spin bowling. I would have loved to have A.Mishra in the squad instead of fat chin Chawla, but as it is I think go with Bhajji, Chawla and Ashwin. Pathan will be the opening bowler.[/quote'] The pitches can be different AFAIK

Based on the wicket taking form that Irfan has shown over the past couple of months, he is not really dependent on any experiment to keep his place in our LOI side. The fact remains that he provides added flexibility and depth to our batting side. Not the same can be said about gambhir and sehwag at this time based on recent form. However, nothing changes with respect to our bowling line-up. It would still be a big risk playing bhajji in high pressure knock-out games against better teams against spin. But with his performance in the last match, he is on an even keel with balaji... so its a toss-up.

+1 .... that was the first WC i watched and it was awesome.... all matches were important and you had to get thru all top sides before the knock-outs..... However' date=' that is not possible now with 16 or 14 teams... the freaking tourney would last 3 months[/quote'] The same format was considered for the 2015 WC but the associate teams like Ireland did not heed. They have a point too - they hardly play games in between WC's.