England vs South Africa 2012

True that! In fact I am willing to bet we would have even batted on till morning of day 5 and building a lead of 350 runs, and at the end of the day we would have been 4 wkts short of a win. I still recall Sydney Test on the 2004 tour. We went on batting in the first innings till day 3 and declared at 700+. Given the fact we were going for maiden Test series win in Aus, were playing against a strong batting lineup and the match was safe anyways, we should have declared before end of day 2 and forced Aussie opener to bat for some time before close of day. But nope we had to drag our batting on to day 3 and making things easier for Aussie batsmen with draw the only realistic option :facepalm:
Did not Sachin get his 200 on day 2 itself? i am a little short on memory on this hence asking.
Would love to see a genuine wicket taking fast bowler play for India <ahttp://www.indiancricketfans.com/uploads/emoticons/sad.gif' alt=':sad:'> While I am at it' date=' make it two - I would love to see 2 genuine wkt taking fast bowlers open the bowling for India backed by a genuine pace based all-rounder and a wkt taking spinner :--D
We didn't back him and nurture him.

Flower unable to part with old Essex darling, Ravinder Singh Bopara 147647.jpg So why would any team give a player that many chances and still keep him in their side? No, seriously. He's their very own Mohammad Ashraful or Ravindra Jadeja. Except that they've let him play over a dozen tests, 2 World Cups and 70+ one-day games. I reckon part of the reason he's given such a long rope is Flower-pot's man love on him from his days at Essex. Flower-pot spent a good five seasons at the club and must have fallen for.......eh....I have nothing....the plump round face? The black chest hair? Whatever it was, it certainly couldn't have been his bits and pieces batting or bowling. Or let's not go into detail there, his "fielding". Either way, it's nepotism in broad daylight. Flower-pot must have fallen for it bigstyle, as he bestowed on him the highest honour of the British empire: he gave him an Ashes place against Australia at #3. And guess who was batting for Australia at one drop? Ricky Ponting. I've played with him at Essex and we all know how talented he is and it's rewarding for the coaches to see someone like Ravi progressing." :hysterical: As for his seam option, don't make me laugh. I said don't make me laugh. He averages worse than Steve Smith at a whopping 38. And in tests, he plans to give Bradders a run for his money. His average is a mere 290. Two hundred and a *****ing ninety. Eat that, Andy darling, you're Ravi's sugar daddy are you not? Anyway, let them bring the legend to India. Let's whip him dirty (yet again) and sit back and see him.......continued to be picked in all formats of the game for that franchise XI and make a fool of himself elsewhere as well. Until then, we can enjoy good ol' Dale and Morne and Vernon working to give him tight little wedgies in these three tests before converging to give him that ultimate pantsing in the ODIs to follow, apparently "Ravi's strength". Your move, Flower-pot. And remember to change his nappies today. Dale must have frightened the poor kiddy pretty bad last night. :((

147647.jpg So why would any team give a player that many chances and still keep him in their side? No, seriously. He's their very own Mohammad Ashraful or Ravindra Jadeja. Except that they've let him play over a dozen tests, 2 World Cups and 70+ one-day games. I reckon part of the reason he's given such a long rope is Flower-pot's man love on him from his days at Essex. Flower-pot spent a good five seasons at the club and must have fallen for.......eh....I have nothing....the plump round face? The black chest hair? Whatever it was, it certainly couldn't have been his bits and pieces batting or bowling. Or let's not go into detail there, his "fielding". Either way, it's nepotism in broad daylight. Flower-pot must have fallen for it bigstyle, as he bestowed on him the highest honour of the British empire: he gave him an Ashes place against Australia at #3. And guess who was batting for Australia at one drop? Ricky Ponting. I've played with him at Essex and we all know how talented he is and it's rewarding for the coaches to see someone like Ravi progressing." :hysterical: As for his seam option, don't make me laugh. I said don't make me laugh. He averages worse than Steve Smith at a whopping 38. And in tests, he plans to give Bradders a run for his money. His average is a mere 290. Two hundred and a *****ing ninety. Eat that, Andy darling, you're Ravi's sugar daddy are you not? Anyway, let them bring the legend to India. Let's whip him dirty (yet again) and sit back and see him.......continued to be picked in all formats of the game for that franchise XI and make a fool of himself elsewhere as well. Until then, we can enjoy good ol' Dale and Morne and Vernon working to give him tight little wedgies in these three tests before converging to give him that ultimate pantsing in the ODIs to follow, apparently "Ravi's strength". Your move, Flower-pot. And remember to change his nappies today. Dale must have frightened the poor kiddy pretty bad last night. :((
:laugh: I reckon that knock against SL in the 2007 WC got him about 50 ODI games.