Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

There are only a handful of actors in Bollywood who are decent. Too much importance is given to looks than acting skills. Hollywood also produces some trash' date=' but in general a lot of decent movies are made. Also in Hollywood, if you cannot act, you can only go so far based on looks. Look at actresses like Megan Fox, etc.[/quote'] Agree that looks won't take you far in Hollywood, because everybody acting has looks here there. But, Scarlett Johansson is an actress who's gotten so far based on looks only. I would say she is an average actor,

You could even say that in Hollywood. Acting is no something everyone succeeds in, though everybody is trying to become an actor.
whatchu talking about? There a lot of good actors in Hollywood who are not mega stars, certainly much more than Bollywood. I watch a lot of movies. It is not that Bollywood cannot generate good acting. I am sure there are good actors around, but too much emphasis is given on looks, glamour and melodrama and useless song-dance routine.

whatchu talking about? There a lot of good actors in Hollywood who are not mega stars, certainly much more than Bollywood. I watch a lot of movies. It is not that Bollywood cannot generate good acting. I am sure there are good actors around, but too much emphasis is given on looks, glamour and melodrama and useless song-dance routine.
What I meant, was generally people think all the Hollywood actors can act, but that's just a conception and a myth. There are good actors in Hollywood as well as bad actors. Leonardo Dicaprio is a good actor even though he has never won an oscar.

Agree that looks won't take you far in Hollywood, because everybody acting has looks here there. But, Scarlett Johansson is an actress who's gotten so far based on looks only. I would say she is an average actor,
There are lot of actresses that are not great lookers but good actresses like Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence. I agree about Scarlett Johannson.

There are only a handful of actors in Bollywood who are decent. Too much importance is given to looks than acting skills. Hollywood also produces some trash' date=' but in general a lot of decent movies are made. Also in Hollywood, if you cannot act, you can only go so far based on looks. Look at actresses like Megan Fox, etc.[/quote'] Not only Hollywood but other regional cinemas in India give chances to actors who aren't necessarily good looking. Nawazudeen Siddique is one of those rare actors nowadays in Bollywood whose given some preference despite his looks. Thanks to directors like Kashyap who bring these guys to the lime light.

What I meant, was generally people think all the Hollywood actors can act, but that's just a conception and a myth. There are good actors in Hollywood as well as bad actors. Leonardo Dicaprio is a good actor even though he has never won an oscar.
Sure, that is true of any film industry like Keanu Reeves, Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.

The whole filmi concept is what separates Bollywood from the rest of the world. Song and dances make up almost 50% of the film. Indians cannot imagine an Indian movie without song and dance. Very very few Indian movies are without songs and dances. Not saying song and dance are bad, but we stretch them beyond the limit.

Hollywood are producing such rubbish actors now. Most good actors in Hollywood are usally Brits.

Not only Hollywood but other regional cinemas in India give chances to actors who aren't necessarily good looking. Nawazudeen Siddique is one of those rare actors nowadays in Bollywood whose given some preference despite his looks. Thanks to directors like Kashyap who bring these guys to the lime light.
Jugal Hansraj, Chandrachur Singh, Chunkey Pandey(had potential after Tezaab) all had potential to become great actors.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is even worse. He should've stuck to wrestling.
He's probably selected due to his physique. Matrix was an ideal role for. He just had to keep a straight face. Lol :giggle: Ruined the Devil's Advocate for me with that expressionless face of his.

Hollywood are producing such rubbish actors now. Most good actors in Hollywood are usally Brits.
I would take actors from Hollywood any day over Bollywood. True, there are bad ones, but there are many good ones, certainly far more than given chance in Bollywood.

I would take actors from Hollywood any day over Bollywood. True' date=' there are bad ones, but there are many good ones, certainly far more than given chance in Bollywood.[/quote'] As I said earlier, Bollywood is a cheap ambassador of Indian cinema.

As I said earlier' date=' Bollywood is a cheap ambassador of Indian cinema.[/quote'] The sad part is that is what the rest of the world know about Indian cinema. They do not know the brilliant film makers that have come out India like Satyajit Ray, Mrinal Sen, Adoor Gopalakrishnan, Shyam Benegal, etc etc...