Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

i dunno why this keeps making the news rukh rukh khan isnt famous enuff to be given preferential treatment, i'm sure the honest ppl at TSA dont have a clue who he is and treat him like anyone else. maybe he should give them a copy of his pik-chars whenever he gets detained kkkkkkkkk kiran
Hope you realize that you are talking about one of the most famous actors in the world. He has possibly the biggest fan following among all actors in the world.

Hope you realize that you are talking about one of the most famous actors in the world. He has possibly the biggest fan following among all actors in the world.
Yeah, but I can bet 9/10 airport security people have never heard of him. He isn't really much known outside the ABCD/NRI community in the US. Things might be different in UK, not sure.

Yeah' date=' but I can bet 9/10 airport security people have never heard of him. He isn't really much known outside the ABCD/NRI community in the US. Things might be different in UK, not sure.[/quote'] But in today's date of information technology, they should learn to minimize such random stops. Once they learned that SRK was a distinguished personality and stopping him led to a controversy at high levels last time, they should not have stopped him a second time. Any random guy on the side walks of Bangalore can write that program for them.

But in today's date of information technology' date=' they should learn to minimize such random stops. Once they learned that SRK was a distinguished personality and stopping him led to a controversy at high levels last time, they should not have stopped him a second time. Any random guy on the side walks of Bangalore can write that program for them.[/quote'] There could be some other reason. Other Khans travel to US regularly and nothing happens to them...

Much of the regular public in America can't even locate India on a map' date=' hence don't know about a famous actor from India. Shah Rukh Khan is not known world over among people who don't know much about Bollywood or know anybody who follows Bollywood.[/quote'] Much of regular public in America can't even locate America on a map.

Much of the regular public in America can't even locate India on a map' date= hence don't know about a famous actor from India. Shah Rukh Khan is not known world over among people who don't know much about Bollywood or know anybody who follows Bollywood.
Coffee saab, A question here, maybe relevant to the topic maybe not. But considering both of us have lived in United States for a while, maybe we have had similar experience, and perhaps you have an answer to this. You are right that most Americans wont be able to locate India on the map. That's down to the whole "We are greatest country in the world, and we do not need to learn anything" syndrome. I bet most Americans wont be able to place Germany (say ) on the map either. That's just lack of geography prevalent everywhere. That does not bother me much. What does bother me though is a lack of interest in India. Aside from the Fareed Zakaria's and CNBC's news channel about growing Indian economy, by and large mainstream America is still where it was about 20 years with regards to India. If you take a walk on Las Vegas strip (for example) it is largely the same (with regards to Indian context). Nothing remotely resembling Indian theme and two cr@ppy restaurants buried in a strip mall where Indians make a bee-line. Somehow we, Indians (NRIs and Residential) do not seem to have a dent in American landscape nor have we been able to build a brand value really. Have you noticed this too? xxx

Coffee saab, A question here, maybe relevant to the topic maybe not. But considering both of us have lived in United States for a while, maybe we have had similar experience, and perhaps you have an answer to this. You are right that most Americans wont be able to locate India on the map. That's down to the whole "We are greatest country in the world, and we do not need to learn anything" syndrome. I bet most Americans wont be able to place Germany (say ) on the map either. That's just lack of geography prevalent everywhere. That does not bother me much. What does bother me though is a lack of interest in India. Aside from the Fareed Zakaria's and CNBC's news channel about growing Indian economy, by and large mainstream America is still where it was about 20 years with regards to India. If you take a walk on Las Vegas strip (for example) it is largely the same (with regards to Indian context). Nothing remotely resembling Indian theme and two cr@ppy restaurants buried in a strip mall where Indians make a bee-line. Somehow we, Indians (NRIs and Residential) do not seem to have a dent in American landscape nor have we been able to build a brand value really. Have you noticed this too? xxx
So you are a yank:hysterical::hysterical: Finally the mask has slipped you are NRI. Wait for claims of only going abroad briefly but now back in India :hysterical::hysterical: Worshipper of the President and lover of the star spangled banner:hysterical: Under the rule of Geroge Bush now Mr Obama:hysterical: What a hypocrite. The lie exposed and shattered, MR NRI Lurker!!!!!:cantstop:

So you are a yank:hysterical::hysterical: Finally the mask has slipped you are NRI. Wait for claims of only going abroad briefly but now back in India :hysterical::hysterical: Worshipper of the President and lover of the star spangled banner:hysterical: Under the rule of Geroge Bush nor Mr Obama:hysterical: What a hypocrite. The lie exposed and shattered MR NRI!!!!!:cantstop:
What happend? Dad kicked you out, or Queen? Or both. Glad to see one more follower/stalker of me...I must have gotten into your brain well and good. Learn from the best beta :winky:

Somehow we, Indians (NRIs and Residential) do not seem to have a dent in American landscape nor have we been able to build a brand value really. xxx
Suddenly Indians can also be NRIs:hysterical::hysterical: How things change Yank!!! You are new york cab driver as I thought. ps we all know yanks know jack about cricket, stick to baseball yank.

What happend? Dad kicked you out, or Queen? Or both. Glad to see one more follower/stalker of me...I must have gotten into your brain well and good. Learn from the best beta :winky:
OK NRI:hysterical::hysterical: Caught with your **** hanging out yank. In true traditional yank style, you had a superiority complex and enjoyed lecturing others. But in classic USA style it was all hypocricy. :giggle: Come on admit it, be man enough to admit you have been exposed as NRI and was telling porky pies before:--D

Suddenly Indians can also be NRIs:hysterical::hysterical: How things change Yank!!! You are new york cab driver as I thought. ps we all know yanks know jack about cricket' date=' stick to baseball yank.[/quote'] Awww you are confusing US with UK...Indians don't drive taxi here. And yes I do follow baseball too. And NFL and NBA..or should I just follow the Queen :--D

Awww you are confusing US with UK...Indians don't drive taxi here. And yes I do follow baseball too. And NFL and NBA..or should I just follow the Queen :--D
:hysterical::hysterical:Loves his amerika.:hysterical:Desperate to defend his home state:hysterical: Dude you are a taxi driver or work in subway. Get over it yank, now stop bootlicking Geroge Bush. You have a little stars and stripes flag in your cab MR NRI not loyal to india but to his beloved ameerika!