Indian Intelligence bureau ranked among top five intelligence agencies in the world

suma25

Suprising considering whenever any blasts occurs it is said there has been an intelligence failure and raw and IB get the rap for it India's Intelligence Bureau ranked among world's top 5 CNN-IBN zero.gifib_top5_pcr248ww.jpg TOP UP: Intelligence Bureau has been ranked among the top 5 intelligence outfits in the world. New Delhi: India's Intelligence Bureau has been ranked among the top 5 intelligence outfits in the world. According to a survey conducted by Strategic Forecasting, or STRATFOR, India’s IB exhibits efficiency and a high level of sophistication. Intelligence Bureau—which is India's main agency for domestic security and counter-terrorism has also received flak for exhibiting brutality, says STRATFOR. The agency says the IB must make more efforts to counter Kashmiri militants. The STRATFOR report says IB's strength lies in its ability to conduct electronic surveillance with microphones. This comes as a relief to the Indian intelligence community, embarrassed by claims of its ineptitude by a key aide of former British PM Tony Blair. Alastair Campbell had claimed Indian intelligence bugged Blair's Hotel room when he visited Delhi in 2001, but the British security service easily discovered them. Strategic Forecasting, Inc, more commonly known as Stratfor, is a private intelligence agency founded in 1996 in Austin, Texas. Stratfor's client list is confidential, but the company's publicity list includes "Fortune 500 companies and major government agencies". zero.gif

Way to go! I guess, after our alliance and training with Israeli agency Mossad, efficiency of Indian intelligence agencies is enhanced considerably. RAW should continue to work extremely close with Mossad. They have a lot to learn from Israelis, beacuse India and Israel share the same threat of islamic terrorism. Mossad has a vast experience and proven track record in this field and Raw can gain a lot from real time training and intel. sharing.

Guest dada_rocks
Way to go! I guess, after our alliance and training with Israeli agency Mossad, efficiency of Indian intelligence agencies is enhanced considerably. RAW should continue to work extremely close with Mossad. They have a lot to learn from Israelis, beacuse India and Israel share the same threat of islamic terrorism. Mossad has a vast experience and proven track record in this field and Raw can gain a lot from real time training and intel. sharing.
Thank god even UPA is now seeing the light and cooperation is in full-force

You know, the Alaistar Campbell issue reminds of what we often see in spook movies: there is always a bug you can find, and is often planted with the intention that it be found. Whereas, there might be another bug that you might not look for after you find the first one. though i find that hard to believe that real spooks would fall for what is bread and butter for hollywood, but it might still be possible. Maybe Campbell said what he said to take the mick out of the RAW and IB. anyways, i dont like the idea of the IB being rated so high. I am all for RAW being top notch, but a domestic spy agency being overpowerful usually is a sign that our civil liberties are being infringed upon.

RAW should continue to work extremely close with Mossad. They have a lot to learn from Israelis, beacuse India and Israel share the same threat of islamic terrorism. Mossad has a vast experience and proven track record in this field and Raw can gain a lot from real time training and intel. sharing.
This is not charity. This is intelligence. No one is going to help anyone...

This is not charity. This is intelligence. No one is going to help anyone...
Yeah agree...and that's why I said at the moment theirs and ours interest and threats are almost same-- Islamic terrorism. Moreover Israel is interested in Pukistan too. They are concerned that Pukes under the influence of Sunni Ummah ideology might Proliferate some Nuke technology to Saudi or Egypt and this will disturb the balance of power in middle-east. IMHO, Today, Indian and Israeli interests are co-inciding like never before and there should not be any hesitation from our Muslim appeasing government to allow Mossad a place in India to operate...this will benefit us in getting real time training and expertise. Moreover, recently Israel became India's second largest defense weapons supplier after Russia.

Also Israel is helping us in development of very sophisticated Radars and Ballistic Missile Defense system. They are doing this when Unkil is still sceptical about sharing sophisticated technology like BMD system with India.
True, but beware of Israel- always be wary of nations/people that punch above their weight. Israel basically wants a big buddy against Islam and is feeling out India at the moment.It realizes that there is scope in India to turn it into another America, be a pressure-daddy against middle-east. IMO, India has a lot more of its own problems than getting embroiled in mid-east.

How many times has the Mig crashed? I guess they dont learn.
My friend, India simply speaking, doesnt have the money for its defences yet. We are trying to walk a fine line here- for any nation, its development out of third world to a more affluent state is the prime priority and we simply do not have the money (yet) to make our defences what it should be. But i give it 20-25 years at most to change, India is lately setting up significant indegenous production capabilities with full tech-transfer and starting to invest in defence R&D with concrete results. The one shining beacon in Indian armed forces is our navy- we are one of the few navies in the world that is a serious force and that is of no small accomplishment or significance.

Cant believe India is/was using third class weapons/aircraft from Russia.
Friend, not even the US Army would rate the Russian arms systems as 3rd class. More often than not, right till the very fag end of the cold war, by the own estimates of the US secret services, the Russians were equal or better in conventional air defense/offense systems.
How many times has the Mig crashed? I guess they dont learn. There was even that movie about it Rang De Basanti
most of the MIGs that have crashed were MIG 21s and MIG 23s, which have been phased out by every army that uses Russian systems. We haven't, because : a. we cannot spend so much on complete overhaul [i feel we should not and instead spend that money on basic uplifting of civilian infrastructure/amenities in the country]. b. our crooked defense personnel/contractors and politicians are ready to sell off their mothers for their personal stash. That was also incidentally the argument of the film u mention.