Has any bowler ever bowled SIX byes in one delivery?

Magneto

Well I googled about it and looks like Jeff Thomson, Alf Gover, Kortwright, Frank Tyson and Roy Gilchrist may have bowled such a delivery. Here are the links... http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/8442-6-byes-2.html http://www.crichotline.com/jeff-thomson-one-of-the-fastest-bowlers-ever/ However as I said earlier such a delivery would result in 4 byes and not 6...
Hey thanks, but all these are simply discussions, without anyone pointing out to any credible source. Still looking for a credible source on such a thing happening in the 20th century.
Do you have any sources for this? And do you know anything about Wes Hall doing the same?
For Willis, Next Man in by Gerald Brodribb (http://tinyurl.com/d77x29w ). It says : "In a Test match against New Zealand, Willis once bowled a ball to JG Wright that bounced over the batsman's head, climbed high over the wicket keeper and bounced just short of the boundary rope" It also talks about Learie Constantine in 1928 who sent down a ball "that rose from the pitch to bounce against the sightscreen" in a first class match. It doesn't include any mention of Wes Hall doing so. Thomson - can't remember any specific source, could even be an exaggeration.
Very much possible. Batsman doesn't get bat to the ball and wk doesn't gather cleanly. Batsmen run 2 and the overthrow while the batsmen are taking the 2nd run goes to the boundary. End result: 6 byes. I will actually be surprised if such a scenario hasn't happened so far.
Umar Akmal in Mirpur. :haha: also 03 world cup - india vs pakistan.
For Willis' date=' Next Man in by Gerald Brodribb ([url']http://tinyurl.com/d77x29w ). It says : "In a Test match against New Zealand, Willis once bowled a ball to JG Wright that bounced over the batsman's head, climbed high over the wicket keeper and bounced just short of the boundary rope" It also talks about Learie Constantine in 1928 who sent down a ball "that rose from the pitch to bounce against the sightscreen" in a first class match. It doesn't include any mention of Wes Hall doing so. Thomson - can't remember any specific source, could even be an exaggeration.
:two_thumbs_up: So Constantine also supposedly did what I am talking about? :hmmm:
Thanks! :aha:
Next Man In takes each law of cricket and discusses the unusual incidents about them. This is the relevant stuff from the chapter on wides. "JM Gregory playing against Kent at Canterbury in 1921 sent a ball even further. It went high over the wicket keeper's head and hit the screen first bounce" (from the context, it was a beamer) ".. in a festival match at Folkestone in 1928, Constantine sent a ball that rose from the pitch to bounce against the sight screen. In 1955, a freak ball from McHugh of Gloucester lifted off a good length, cleared the wicket keeper's head and landed full pitch on the cinder track at Bristol. In a Test match against New Zealand Willis once bowled a ball to JG Wright that bounced over the batsman's head, climbed higher over the wicket keeper and bounced just short of the boundary rope"

Did some more checks on Constantine. From the venue, it is easy enough to find that the match is the one between West Indians and an England XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/12/12903.html ) A friend with the resources checked Wisden match report and the Times newspaper. There is nothing in Wisden while the Times match report for the third day says that Constantine got the ball to rise more than head high. That's all. So it is a possibility but can't be sure. If any of the guys here are students and have access to British newspapers, they can check this in other papers. We are almost certainly looking for the match report on September 5, 1928.

I am not sure about international match. But I have seen a sixer bowled in college match. I was fielding at mid on, one of my friend who had a very unusualy action, he used to jump much like dinda and had a very fast arm action bowled a beamer and it went for six behind the wickets.It was a new leather ball and it slipped out of his hand. It was a crucial stage of the match but it was so hilarious and he became very famous in our college.

I am not sure about international match. But I have seen a sixer bowled in college match. I was fielding at mid on' date=' one of my friend who had a very unusualy action, he used to jump much like dinda and had a very fast arm action bowled a beamer and it went for six behind the wickets.It was a new leather ball and it slipped out of his hand. It was a crucial stage of the match but it was so hilarious and he became very famous in our college.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: