Euro 2012

ganeshran

Why is Ronaldo obsessed with Messi' date=' any background info?[/quote'] Against Denmark, when Ronaldo got many shots at the goal and was not able to score, the crowd started chanting Messi..messi. This pissed him off and even though Portugal won, he was looking upset. In the post match conference, he made a remark about how Messi could not save Argentina from being sent home in the Copa America.

3-5-2 is definitely the formation for Italy in my opinion. Chiellini's absence is a massive blow, Juventus looked poor defensively without him in the Coppa Italia final and Italy were awful without him in the 0-3 friendly defeat to Russia. The problem with 3-5-2 now is that they do not have a natural left sided centre back with Chiellini injured so Barzagli would have to play on the left which is a little unfamiliar for him. I don't think 3-5-2 would leave them exposed down the flanks because with 3 centre backs, one should always be able to cover down the flanks. They have to play Balzaretti over Giaccherini at left wing back if they play 3-5-2. Also Pirlo, looks more comfortable in 3-5-2 than he does in 4-3-1-2 and he is probably their most important player. Italy should boss possession and will have the extra man in central midfield but England can be tough to break down. Looking at the current odds for the match, my money would be on Italy.
Yeah, spot on really. I do thinkl he will persist with the 4-3-1-2, in which case I hope they do not do the same thing as Last match and play Motta in the hole behind the two strikers. I think Pirlo could do a job there. Also Nocerino has to play instead of MOtta, in central midfield. In a 3-5-2, a midfield of Nocerino, Marchisio can work hard and allow Pirlo to roam forward and create... yes Balz and Abate should be wingbacks... Think Walcotss should start as his pace can give Italy seriosu cause for concern, though it will be good for Italy iof he does not.

Yeah, spot on really. I do thinkl he will persist with the 4-3-1-2, in which case I hope they do not do the same thing as Last match and play Motta in the hole behind the two strikers. I think Pirlo could do a job there. Also Nocerino has to play instead of MOtta, in central midfield. In a 3-5-2, a midfield of Nocerino, Marchisio can work hard and allow Pirlo to roam forward and create... yes Balz and Abate should be wingbacks... Think Walcotss should start as his pace can give Italy seriosu cause for concern, though it will be good for Italy iof he does not.
At the moment i think Prandelli is leaning towards 4-3-1-2. Balotelli is being tipped to start and Thiago Motta is an injury doubt. Pirlo won't play in the hole because he is a deep lying playmaker rather than a number 10. Montolivo and Diamanti are the only genuine AM's in the squad but Montolivo has had a poor season and Diamanti was a bit of a wildcard selection. I agree that Nocerino would be a decent addition to the side. I don't think Walcott should start for England because he is much more dangerous as a sub and England may need Milner to tuck inside and help the central midfielders out as i see the Italians bossing possession.

france win 1-0 2day, but i am sure the game wont be boring, france wont park the bus, they need high class performance from a flop mexes, clichy,at the back..cabaye,ribery,nasri,benzema will incredibly raise their game 2nite

Great win for the Germans! They look too strong to lose right now, they are surely the winners of Euro 2012. But there was some interesting team selection y'day with Gomez, Muller and Podolski sitting out and Klose and 2 more midfielders coming in. I wonder will they continue the same in the next matches.

france win 1-0 2day' date=' but i am sure the game wont be boring, france wont park the bus, they need high class performance from a flop mexes, clichy,at the back..cabaye,ribery,nasri,benzema will incredibly raise their game 2nite[/quote'] Mexes suspended.

The Arsenal CB will play, Im not sure how good he is. I hope Benzema plays off Giroud with Nasri and Ribery out wide. Have to start Cabaye as he was good vs Ukr. M'Vila from all accounts was not great in the last match

Ha, I did not know how to spell his name so didnt try Anyway totally disappointed with both team selections. On the face of it both have 5 in hte midfield going to stifle each other. Torres should play, there is no outlet with the false no 9, surely they learnt that from the first match. Debuchy at right mid for France says it all. Malouda- surprised he even made the squad. Cautious selection by Blanc. Should have been two of Ben Arfa, Nasri or Menez with Benzema behind Giroud. Benzemalikes to roam around too much he is not a natural Centre forward