End of D1

Agreed, but after watching how India finished the day; i am feeling very optimistic. Laxman was looking very comfortable out there and made the scoreboard tick from the moment he came on. He will be the danger-man tomorrow. Tendulkar got a reprieve and seems to be settled in. One of these two can easily push on for a big one - i am expecting as much. The only way anything can go wrong is if there are more umpiring howlers from motherf*ckers like Howell. We won't know which direction the match will take until India bowl to the English batsmen. Bowling England out for a lead will require one hell of a bowling performance. The batsmen will do their bit - it's the bowlers who must deliver.

SCG-2003/04 End of Day 1: India 284/3 (Tendulkar 73*, Laxman 29*, 90 overs) MCG-2003/04 End of Day 1: India 329/4 (Ganguly 20*, Laxman 6*; 90 overs) Today : 316/4 SRT 48* , VVS 20* hmmm ...
OK, BB, you need to remind us what happened after that - for those with faded memories :-)!

I wouldn't mind another repeat of the Sydney test. India stacking up 705 and drawing the match would result in a series victory this time. I wonder how the Indian batsmen will bat tomorrow. My feeling is that they may try to play slow deliberately - scoring at 2.5 an over - while piling on the runs at the same time. That way they would bat out more overs and when England take strike, their batsmen would be under pressure to score fast(er) in order to stay in the game.

England vs SA at the Oval back in 2003; Day 1 - SA finish at 362/4 Day 2 - SA finish with 484, ENG 165/2 at the end of the day's play. Coincidentally, most people are predicting similar scores for tomorrow. Guess who won the match ? http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003/RSA_IN_ENG/SCORECARDS/RSA_ENG_T5_04-08SEP2003.html
Wow... again 10 LBWs in total of 31 wickets fell in that match.... God is this common in England???