Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

Invested in few scrips last week mostly on the basis of fundamental analysis than technical this time.
which ones? i sold all of ajanta @1660 and shilpa medicare @546 in last 15 days yes bank @ 570 (today) Bought HGS @616, KRBL @86 , granules@646 today. bought Indian bank @ 139, DHFL @ 329, canfin home @377, aurobindo pharma @720 last week.

which ones? i sold all of ajanta @1660 and shilpa medicare @546 in last 15 days yes bank @ 570 (today) Bought HGS @616, KRBL @86 , granules@646 today. bought Indian bank @ 139, DHFL @ 329, canfin home @377, aurobindo pharma @720 last week.
From the last weeks investment portfolio 60% to blue chip ITC. They have diversified into food products (Sunfeast brand ), paper products (Classmate brand) and Information Technology as well. Yes, the government has increased excise on tobacco products (cigarette being relevant product here), but ITC has responded by increasing the price money of couple of its cigarette brands as well. imo they will give very good return in long term and find it to be a nice company to park my money in.

From the last weeks investment portfolio 60% to blue chip ITC. They have diversified into food products (Sunfeast brand ), paper products (Classmate brand) and Information Technology as well. Yes, the government has increased excise on tobacco products (cigarette being relevant product here), but ITC has responded by increasing the price money of couple of its cigarette brands as well. imo they will give very good return in long term and find it to be a nice company to park my money in.
cool. KRBL is a basmati rice company. it has a famous rice brand called India Gate. It has 30% market share in India for basmati rice. Had a great june quarter. Expected to perform better in coming quarters as the brand is becoming more popular. share is available quite cheap right now.

cool. KRBL is a basmati rice company. it has a famous rice brand called India Gate. It has 30% market share in India for basmati rice. Had a great june quarter. Expected to perform better in coming quarters as the brand is becoming more popular. share is available quite cheap right now.
Just checked about KRBL. On first look at it, the stock has steeply climbed in last year or so. Yes, cheap CMP at the moment , trading at 85.20 in NIFTY. Shortlisting some companies for next investment. Would be considering Bharti Airtel as one of them.

My stocks that I am holding since years ( most of them except Repco ) Gruh Finance - Best HFC.Niche in low cost housing finance..excellent Mgmt pedigree ( it is subsidiary of HDFC)...tailwinds are thrust on housing by all govts including current Modi...increase in tax exemption...new cities as per Modi and reversal of interest rate cycle in next few quarters...has been a 10 bagger for me :--D Repco Home Finance - Recently listed...Southern region HFC play..Parent is co-operative bank so won't command Gruh valuations but story is same...good for geographic diversification along with Gruh HDFC Bank - Stable bluechip and best of breed mgmt and ratios Indusind Bank - Great turnaround in last few years...catching up with HDFC Bank Yes Bank - New age bank...Rana Kapoor is giant in banking circles...most technologically savvy bank I treat the 3 banks as a basket as each has strengths of size and scale...Private sector banks are best play on economic recovery as they are the first beneficiaries ( they are also taking away market share from PSBs ). The NPAs of these Banks are minimal and valuations now are reasonable....The basket has been a 5 bagger for me Ashiana Housing - Favorite of Professor Bakshi and I bought blindly first and analysed later...One of the very few zero debt real estate play...they treat land as raw material and don't aggressively build land bank...Great brand in the areas it operates ( Bhiwadi, NCR ) and expanding...Prudent accounting ( sale is booked in P&L after buyer is given property instead of percentage completion followed by others ). Results look lumpy due to this accounting...Bought at 40 rupees avg 1 year back...now at 152 I have few others. Will post them if people are interested... Had duds like Unitech,DLF,RPower,GMR earlier but I learnt my lesson and since last 5-6 years, I only look at Quality...If at all I go wrong, I rather go wrong in paying slightly higher price for a great business than go wrong on the business itself...it will delay returns slightly but they will come... Disclaimer : Have vested interests in the stocks mentioned...

I also have some links to data repositories and screeners for interested people...Sample is www.screener.in ( free registration ) The site is best to get a single view of any company's data like MCap,P/E,Div yield, peer comparison, recent announcements, stock performance, relative to index shareholding pattern, quarterly and annual results, balance sheet, cash flows and annual reports... These are available in different places elsewhere but not as a single view. In addition, you can view common screens for low priced stocks,etc and even build your own customized screeners to identify stocks

I want to get some knowledge about Financial Research/Financial Analysis. Can anyone recommend any books/videos/other sources on this. Please consider me a noob in this area so recommend only basic stuff at first.
Try these https://www.coursera.org/course/corpfinance https://www.coursera.org/course/introfinance https://www.coursera.org/course/marketswithfrictions https://www.coursera.org/course/compinvesting1 https://www.coursera.org/course/accounting

I also have some links to data repositories and screeners for interested people...Sample is www.screener.in ( free registration ) The site is best to get a single view of any company's data like MCap,P/E,Div yield, peer comparison, recent announcements, stock performance, relative to index shareholding pattern, quarterly and annual results, balance sheet, cash flows and annual reports... These are available in different places elsewhere but not as a single view. In addition, you can view common screens for low priced stocks,etc and even build your own customized screeners to identify stocks
screener.in is a tremendous site. one can give queries (like sql), can see sales, PAT CAGR, ROE, cashflows, networth, valuations, peer comparison etc. I had mentioned it in this thread once earlier too. Another site is http://www.researchbytes.com. it has all management conference calls, interviews, investor presentations, annual reports etc. Its also a great great source as you hear straight from the horse's (the management's) mouth. Very good choice of stocks. I held Repco and Yes bank. Right now, can fin also looks poised for good growth. They also have a rights issue of 300cr coming up.
finally RG got unbanned :giggle:
if I keep posting in politics section , getting banned again is only a matter of time. Time to short nifty or an FMCG stock like HUL? what say?

granules is up another 8% ..looking good for more. wish i had invested more. Aurobindo, I had invested substantial amount into, is also giving good returns from last week..