Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

The market does expands as budget nears due to lot of expectations. However, it becomes impossible to fulfill the expectations of everyone and the markets correct themselves post budget. Further it goes on to returns back to it's mean due to correction. The market at the moment seems very unreliable due to unstable rupee. is this the signal for the next bear market. Bear market would be ideal for investment.
This time around Market kind of expects tough measures , so the only way the market will tank is if the FM tries to please too many people .

That's it? ;)
Smiley marked for uber pawnage later :winky:
Saurav is right.
:popcorn: The market may see an upside tomorrow for a day or two, but slowly and steadily it will go down to 6700-6900 mark. The market is bearish and it will not be a bad idea to book profits and exit now. The next six months will see market going down IMO.

:popcorn: The market may see an upside tomorrow for a day or two, but slowly and steadily it will go down to 6700-6900 mark. The market is bearish and it will not be a bad idea to book profits and exit now. The next six months will see market going down IMO.
Hahahahahaha! The floor of Nifty is around 7300 and you want 6700. :rofl: The market is not bearish, profit taking is happening at higher levels.

Bad monsoon is the only risk of a downside. Nifty was at 6900 before the election results when it hadn't even accounted for such a landslide win. Dont at all think its going back to 6900.

Nah.

You will get plenty of chances to recover that and make more before the end of the year- just keep tracking Govt. policy and markets closely.
Still sitting on a lac of profit, not worried even if I loose some of my principal amount . I am in it for a long haul.

Best strategy ever.
Thats so true & not the easiest thing to do . Few things I learnt from my dad , was to firstly stop treating Stock market as gambling to get rich over night . you can speculate ocassionslly just for the thrills but you wont make money in the longer run doing that . This should be just like any other Investment . Bank returns you less than 8% , your target should be 20-30% YoY , you will most likely end up making a lot more , some times 1000% but this will ensure you make very little loss .

Best strategy ever.
Thats so true & not the easiest thing to do . Few things I learnt from my dad , was to firstly stop treating Stock market as gambling to get rich over night . you can speculate ocassionslly just for the thrills but you wont make money in the longer run doing that . This should be just like any other Investment . Bank returns you less than 8% , your target should be 20-30% YoY , you will most likely end up making a lot more , some times 1000% but this will ensure you make very little loss .
Very well...Aim for 20-30% annual returns is very good strategy . Another (smaller) benefit of being a long term investor is that if we sell before an year, we have to pay the STCG (short term capital gains) tax which is 15% if people pay it honestly.

A lot of people these days don't have the patience for a long term commitment in stocks. Instant profit is their mantra.

When i was in my previous company i got bored with coding , did till CFA 2 and joined IL&FS.. Developed some contacts with retail brokerage and trust me guys , more than 95% of the retail traders are losing money . It was like most will enter with 3 or 4L , will end up losing part or full and never to return. Few unlucky ones will borrow and dump more money to recover the loss and will be under even more **** soon. New bakras will enter the market to replace the old bakras and the cycle keeps repeating. :headshake: Making money is not easy. And our analysts are not creditable and accountable like the people in the west. Brokers and analysts will be giving a buy call , but behind they will be dumping the samething.

When i was in my previous company i got bored with coding , did till CFA 2 and joined IL&FS.. Developed some contacts with retail brokerage and trust me guys , more than 95% of the retail traders are losing money . It was like most will enter with 3 or 4L , will end up losing part or full and never to return. Few unlucky ones will borrow and dump more money to recover the loss and will be under even more **** soon. New bakras will enter the market to replace the old bakras and the cycle keeps repeating. :headshake: Making money is not easy. And our analysts are not creditable and accountable like the people in the west. Brokers and analysts will be giving a buy call , but behind they will be dumping the samething.
Thats good Velu, Do share your thoughts here on markets from time to time. Textile companies hardly have good margins and can hardly give 20-25% growth. This 'analyst' from Nirmal Bang gave a buy call on Kitex (which was trading at high valuations for a company of its size) yesterday evening and guess what - today it fell by 14% :hysterical: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/stocks-views/buy-kitex-garments-castrol-india-vishal-jajoo_1121988.html Kitex Garments - http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/stockpricequote/textilesreadymadeapparels/kitexgarments/KG01

Very well...Aim for 20-30% annual returns is very good strategy . Another (smaller) benefit of being a long term investor is that if we sell before an year, we have to pay the STCG (short term capital gains) tax which is 15% if people pay it honestly.
yes , but hardly anyone I know pays taxes . The whole point is stop worrying about profits , they will make money for you at some point if you have picked the right stocks .

A lot of people these days don't have the patience for a long term commitment in stocks. Instant profit is their mantra.
you are right , people just want short cuts for everthing .Thats the reason you hear about more people losin money than making money even if the makets have gone up . I enetred the market in 2003 when I was still in Engg , sensex was @ 3800 then IIRC . I know people who are sitting on 1000%+ profits .

yes ' date=' but hardly anyone I know pays taxes . The whole point is stop worrying about profits , they will make money for you at some point if you have picked the right stocks .[/quote'] We all agree on this point i was suggesting PoV of a trader who looks at both technicals and fundamentals on a regular basis for a lot of stocks (say arnd 50 good companies' stocks) sometimes there's tailwind for a particular sector, so invest more in that.. some stock may run up alot in short time, so take money out, wait for correction and invest in an already corrected (good company) stock. Taking fundamentals and technicals along. May be suitable for people with alot of free time and appetite for such things that admittedly make you tense if you do it on a daily basis.

I never get technical analysis , a alot of it is bullshit ...trend , Economy , News , Govt , Sector , Company mgmt , relative PE etc these are factors which are more reliable .

Thats good Velu, Do share your thoughts here on markets from time to time. Textile companies hardly have good margins and can hardly give 20-25% growth. This 'analyst' from Nirmal Bang gave a buy call on Kitex (which was trading at high valuations for a company of its size) yesterday evening and guess what - today it fell by 14% :hysterical: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/stocks-views/buy-kitex-garments-castrol-india-vishal-jajoo_1121988.html Kitex Garments - http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/stockpricequote/textilesreadymadeapparels/kitexgarments/KG01
never ever trust any analyst .. most of the analysts are not even qualified ( in 2008 or 2009 few analysts were demanding extra 500rs for the shows with cnbc).. ex:- if a broker gives buy call to retail , mostly their DII and HNIs are already long.. if you want to trading , do learn the strategies by yourself and try to test it slowly .. something which works for you may not work for your friend..