Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

Why can't you call and trade?
not comfortable .. live stream are also blocked which is a must of we r following the results :mad: also we received a circular that we shld concentrate on only work during official hrs

Great keep coming:two_thumbs_up: you were missed in the morning discussion.
mine is pretty simple .. stbt or btst in stocks or features .. i do short stock options ( not many brokers provide that to retail ) if the premiums are very high ..

In case you are looking for cheap small/midcap IT names - Zensar, Accelya Kale, RS software look good. RS has run up a lot recently is probably through re-rating. It works in online money transfer domain and its revenues majorly come from VISA. disclaimer : I hold all 3 of them.

mine is pretty simple .. stbt or btst in stocks or features .. i do short stock options ( not many brokers provide that to retail ) if the premiums are very high ..
Can you pls tell that 1. in stbt or btst, is the broker commission usually same as in delivery? 2. In stbt, btst - even though T stands for tomorrow, how many working days we must sell or buyback the stocks in, 4 days?

Can you pls tell that 1. in stbt or btst, is the broker commission usually same as in delivery? 2. In stbt, btst - even though T stands for tomorrow, how many working days we must sell or buyback the stocks in, 4 days?
i do it only in futures and options only .. so its 1 day for me in f&o.. usually i use to initiate a trade after 3 .. sometimes i cover it within 1 hr on the next day incase i did based on results and they r out ( like infy , tcs , etc ) 1) depends on broker .. if its less than T+2 then ideally they shld not charge delivery brokerage .. these r all negotiable ( some broker wont charge for the second leg ).. 2) we cant carry shorts to next day .. but long we can carry and its 2 days max

i do it only in futures and options only .. so its 1 day for me in f&o.. usually i use to initiate a trade after 3 .. sometimes i cover it within 1 hr on the next day incase i did based on results and they r out ( like infy , tcs , etc ) 1) depends on broker .. if its less than T+2 then ideally they shld not charge delivery brokerage .. these r all negotiable ( some broker wont charge for the second leg ).. 2) we cant carry shorts to next day .. but long we can carry and its 2 days max
tht was useful Thanks my broker (geojit) said BTST & delivery brokerages are same. Will check again.

1 more question - what if we short and at the end of the day' date=' the stock is locked in upper circuit and there are no sellers?[/quote'] Broker will buy it in auction .. Never short illiquid stocks Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Will see who wins. I say NIFTY to go below 7000 mark in the next 4-6 months :cool:
Typical always correct statement ll be little different. If nifty breaks 7300 then we would see 7000 or else we r on track for 8000 :giggle: Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

1 more question - what if we short and at the end of the day' date=' the stock is locked in upper circuit and there are no sellers?[/quote'] a) If you short and the stock gets locked in an upper circuit, you pay 20% more to get it back *(through auction) . Shorting is an art. Newbies should not short, and if you short, do it with a stop loss. b) Hope your broker is not fleecing you in terms of brokerage. Discount broking is the IN thing in India, and you should not pay a huge sum to your broker for every trade. Hope you are getting a good margin too.

a) If you short and the stock gets locked in an upper circuit, you pay 20% more to get it back *(through auction) . Shorting is an art. Newbies should not short, and if you short, do it with a stop loss.
there have been many times when I saw large cap stocks or large mid-cap stocks moving up a lot and I was confident that they will come down later in the day and that happened. I wasnt aware of shorting during those times....I guess I could make good use of shorting going forward. I usually check the to-be-bought quantity and to-be-sold quantity to get an idea of where the price could go. Are there more things that could be looked into?
b) Hope your broker is not fleecing you in terms of brokerage. Discount broking is the IN thing in India, and you should not pay a huge sum to your broker for every trade. Hope you are getting a good margin too.
its one of the best buddy. 0.3%+taxes for delivery , 0.03%+taxes for intraday.

there have been many times when I saw large cap stocks or large mid-cap stocks moving up a lot and I was confident that they will come down later in the day and that happened. I wasnt aware of shorting during those times....I guess I could make good use of shorting going forward. I usually check the to-be-bought quantity and to-be-sold quantity to get an idea of where the price could go. Are there more things that could be looked into? its one of the best buddy. 0.3%+taxes for delivery , 0.03%+taxes for intraday.
O.3 %%%%%%%%%% :omg: LOOT LIYA COMPLETELY. Regarding shorting, it is fair to short stocks that have gone up by 10-12% intraday. But remember, shorting is a nervous game and you should square off your positions quickly. A few times a stock that has gone up by 15% may end up hitting upper circuit. Just check whether it has really strong news backing it up that day. If it's just a technical/sentiment bounce or a bout of short covering, then you can comfortably short it. Exit points are still tricky.

O.3 %%%%%%%%%% :omg: LOOT LIYA COMPLETELY. Regarding shorting, it is fair to short stocks that have gone up by 10-12% intraday. But remember, shorting is a nervous game and you should square off your positions quickly. A few times a stock that has gone up by 15% may end up hitting upper circuit. Just check whether it has really strong news backing it up that day. If it's just a technical/sentiment bounce or a bout of short covering, then you can comfortably short it. Exit points are still tricky.
How much do you pay for delivery? angel broking has .2 , the rest have higher i guess, icici direct has .5 or .55

How much do you pay for delivery? angel broking has .2 ' date=' the rest have higher i guess, icici direct has .5 or .55[/quote'] All bankwala brokers are looters. Huge brokerage, zero personalised service and feckall advisory. Google 'discount brokerages in India' and read up.