Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

You are a pakka punter I see.
i am sort of insider now even though i m not doing any serious trades.. i told u earlier , worked in fund management team for sometime and had funtime mingling with guys working with brokerage.. knowing what is going wrong with retail/hni with a huge sample size is an eye opener for me.. guess now i believe the majority of wrong things which i shld avoid as a trader.. believe in this - "take care of losses , profit will take care of you" :--D

I usually check the to-be-bought quantity and to-be-sold quantity to get an idea of where the price could go. Are there more things that could be looked into?
Regarding shorting, it is fair to short stocks that have gone up by 10-12% intraday. But remember, shorting is a nervous game and you should square off your positions quickly. A few times a stock that has gone up by 15% may end up hitting upper circuit. Just check whether it has really strong news backing it up that day. If it's just a technical/sentiment bounce or a bout of short covering, then you can comfortably short it. Exit points are still tricky.
Also i find it useful dividing stocks category-wise(IT, pharma, banks, NBFC, realty, cement, fertilizer etc) into different workspaces. I guess that would be a common thing to do. Stocks in a sector tend to move as a pack. The 1 stock thats not moving can be a good candidate for intraday. Pls share more tricks. I tried for 2 days in the morning hrs, had success in 3 of the 4 trade, made 1000/-. small start. but not bad i guess.

Also i find it useful dividing stocks category-wise(IT, pharma, banks, NBFC, realty, cement, fertilizer etc) into different workspaces. I guess that would be a common thing to do. Stocks in a sector tend to move as a pack. The 1 stock thats not moving can be a good candidate for intraday. Pls share more tricks. I tried for 2 days in the morning hrs, had success in 3 of the 4 trade, made 1000/-. small start. but not bad i guess.
Don't get obsessed with the markets unless you are unemployed and unemployable like me :proud: It will kill your time and may kill you too, eventually :beee: Yeah, stocks in the same sector move as a pack but the laggard may not be the right one to punt on always. Do check its fundamentals or reasons as to why it's stuck. All stocks have specific movement patterns, they are just like human beings, some of them run fast, some run slowly, some are wobbly, some are rhythmic etc. Choose a bunch of fundamentally good stocks and a bunch of high beta stocks (great for trading these are) and play/track them on a daily basis to see how they move. You can track 15 or 30 to start with. Stock market trading is not just about geekery, it's simply about saying whether X stock will go up today or down. You can do that if you keep watching them. It's like a coach observing his/her 30 students carefully every day. The numbers can increase if you have a good memory/can multitask well. I watch a 100 stocks everyday like a hawk and I know them as well as any of my girlfriends.

i am sort of insider now even though i m not doing any serious trades.. i told u earlier , worked in fund management team for sometime and had funtime mingling with guys working with brokerage.. knowing what is going wrong with retail/hni with a huge sample size is an eye opener for me.. guess now i believe the majority of wrong things which i shld avoid as a trader.. believe in this - "take care of losses , profit will take care of you" :--D
Great philo for bear markets. But this is a bull market now, and even the average player can take a fortune back home. :winky:

Don't get obsessed with the markets unless you are unemployed and unemployable like me :proud: It will kill your time and may kill you too, eventually :beee: Yeah, stocks in the same sector move as a pack but the laggard may not be the right one to punt on always. Do check its fundamentals or reasons as to why it's stuck. All stocks have specific movement patterns, they are just like human beings, some of them run fast, some run slowly, some are wobbly, some are rhythmic etc. Choose a bunch of fundamentally good stocks and a bunch of high beta stocks (great for trading these are) and play/track them on a daily basis to see how they move. You can track 15 or 30 to start with. Stock market trading is not just about geekery, it's simply about saying whether X stock will go up today or down. You can do that if you keep watching them. It's like a coach observing his/her 30 students carefully every day. The numbers can increase if you have a good memory/can multitask well. I watch a 100 stocks everyday like a hawk and I know them as well as any of my girlfriends.
o bhai, i am trying to list out all things which are to be or can be looked into. Obviously tracking stock fundamentals , tracking to-be-bought or sold quantity, any stock specific news etc are to be tracked all of which has been mentioned. Sorry but you seem to be in preaching mode.

o bhai, i am trying to list out all things which are to be or can be looked into. Obviously tracking stock fundamentals , tracking to-be-bought or sold quantity, any stock specific news etc are to be tracked all of which has been mentioned. Sorry but you seem to be in preaching mode.
What I said in the second para (third para, actually) is the only significant piece of advice I have given in this thread. :giggle: Rest of all I have said is generic shyt, which you already know perhaps.

What I said in the second para (third para' date=' actually) is the only significant piece of advice I have given in this thread. :giggle:[/quote'] thats what I kind of said, dividing into sectors - IT, pharma, or high beta ones - banks, NBFC, realty, cement My assumption is there are some tricks that an experienced trader might know that I cant think of . For ex. I was thinking abt it now - shorting on ex-dividend date could be looked into, esp. for companies which give good dividend.

Ajanta Pharma Company manufactures generic formulation brands. Shown very good growth in Net profits, sales and margins. Has future potential. Good %age of Exports are to Africa. No exposure as yet to USA for which it is trying. Profits in last 4 quarters - 32Cr, 55cr, 62cr, 70cr(latest quarter) Favorable shareholding pattern - ~74% held by promoters . FII holding has increased from 3.8 to 7.8% as per their declaration on 30th June. Only arnd 18% shares are in free float. Trading currently at Reasonable valuations. Link to Annual Reports - http://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/stockreach_annualreports.aspx?scripcode=532331&expandable=0 disclosure : I hold it (largest %age of my portfolio).

Great philo for bear markets. But this is a bull market now, and even the average player can take a fortune back home. :winky:
my views are actually for retail traders and short term traders and esp for intraday traders and not abt investors.. usually our guys especially noobs do only one thing even in intraday trading .. buy and sell , rarely they do short and buy .. as far as brokerages are concerned after EOD calculations , they will come to know whether in intraday clients lost or gained ..

Anyone here that made multibaggers ( 3' date='10,50,100 times,etc) their money and how did you identify them? I am in Indian stock market since 2002 and only recently have some strategy ( all tukkas earlier and burnt hands too )[/quote'] A lot of multibaggers there in stocks. Most of them are probably operator driven.

Ajanta Pharma Company manufactures generic formulation brands. Shown very good growth in Net profits, sales and margins. Has future potential. Good %age of Exports are to Africa. No exposure as yet to USA for which it is trying. Profits in last 4 quarters - 32Cr, 55cr, 62cr, 70cr(latest quarter) Favorable shareholding pattern - ~74% held by promoters . FII holding has increased from 3.8 to 7.8% as per their declaration on 30th June. Only arnd 18% shares are in free float. Trading currently at Reasonable valuations. Link to Annual Reports - http://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/stockreach_annualreports.aspx?scripcode=532331&expandable=0 disclosure : I hold it (largest %age of my portfolio).
Do see their latest presentation, which gives a lot of insight on the brands they own and other qualitative aspects of their business - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh4yvkkoipku64t/Ajanta%20Investor%20Update%20Q4%20FY%2714%285th%20May%202014%29.pdf They operate mainly in Ophthalmology, Dermatology and Cardiology. Exports are mainly in Asia, Africa and Latin America. For regulated markets like the US they have filed 23 ANDAs and have put in place marketing and sales team. So even more significant upside expected if the approvals come.

HMVL- This stock is extremely undervalued compared to its peers. Below are the daily readership data and the stock valuations (Source- Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2013 data) - 1. Jagran Prakashan Ltd (Dainik Jagran - 15.526 million copies daily) Trailing P/E=17.7 , P/B=3.6 2. HMVL (Hindustan - 14.245 million copies daily) :Trailing P/E~10.5 (after June Quarter results) , P/B~1.8 3. DB Corp (Dainik Bhaskar - 12.855 million copies daily) : Trailing P/E=19.5 , P/B=5.55 Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_India_by_readership And if one sees, the readership of HMVL has increased from 2012 to 2013 and for its competitors, it has decreased. , HMVL has net cash of abt 420 Cr which is massive. Link to the FY15 Q1 results - http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/Hindustan_Media_Ventures_Ltd_210714_RSt1.pdf Having actually read the newspaper, its layout etc also looks impressive to me. Another favorable thing is the shareholding pattern - Arnd 9.6% is free float, promoters own ~75% and Foreign n Domestic Institutions own ~15%. The stock looks quite attractive to me. Disc: I hold (just arnd 3.5% as of now) and will look to increase the allocation to abt 8-10%. ------------------------- With this, I have mentioned 4 stocks till now - Yes Bank, J&K Bank, Ajanta Pharma and HMVL. If members have got any stocks idea with high conviction level, pls go ahead n post for the mutual benefit of all. cheers.

i am not into anything other than Nifty 50 or the stocks which is in the news :sherlock: its futile to try to catch multibaggers and as stright drive has said , almost all are operator driven.. there will be many good stocks with cheap valuations but they wont move unless some operator sees it..

i am not into anything other than Nifty 50 or the stocks which is in the news :sherlock: its futile to try to catch multibaggers and as stright drive has said , almost all are operator driven.. there will be many good stocks with cheap valuations but they wont move unless some operator sees it..
Its futile to chase multibaggers but absolutely worthwhile to hold compounders. If a company has quality management, good business, good balance sheet, consistently good results, good future prospects, good traction/visibility, then such businesses should be invested in for gains. if you see HMVL, it is held by many MFs. I guess the downside is less but the chance of re-rating is decent, say for ex. it reaches No. 1 readership in next survey in Jan., then tht could be a start of re-rating of the stock. Ya many stocks being operator driven is also a reality.

i hate reading balance sheets esp it is futile for doing a small cap.. i believe that if we have larger money to risk then we can explore into small and midcaps ( park 20% max ).. if price are undervalued there could be a reason or the stock didnt caught the eyes of diamond diggers.. unless some brokerages picks up and operates smallcap stocks wont go up.. in bull mkt everything goes up , so dump most of ur money in largecaps or niftybees and risk little .. i do see yes bank and J&K bank are decent picks .. ajantha pharam no idea abt it.. but if i am putting my money i wont put it in HMVL .. stocks like Deccan chronicle and adlabs were showing same promise but screwed all in the end..

i hate reading balance sheets esp it is futile for doing a small cap..
i am sure little bit of it, you will do...like debt , consistency etc.
i believe that if we have larger money to risk then we can explore into small and midcaps ( park 20% max )..in bull mkt everything goes up , so dump most of ur money in largecaps or niftybees and risk little ..i do see yes bank and J&K bank are decent picks .. ajantha pharam no idea abt it.
I understand ur point, its difficult to trust different sources or to predict the future. Depends on conviction levels yaar. just read n gather info from various sources. if convinced , invest only then. there should not be doubts abt the investment. small/midcaps give higher returns too.
if price are undervalued there could be a reason or the stock didnt caught the eyes of diamond diggers.. unless some brokerages picks up and operates smallcap stocks wont go up..
many MFs hold it - http://www.moneycontrol.com/mf/user_scheme/mfholddetail_sec.php?sc_did=HMV
but if i am putting my money i wont put it in HMVL .. stocks like Deccan chronicle and adlabs were showing same promise but screwed all in the end..
Trends suggests that HMVL is gonna be the No. 1 in readership figures soon. Leaders usually command better valuations. for me its a good bet. CAGR has been 41% for a longer period(5 yrs) of time. ofcourse its fine if you dont like or arent sure abt it, :) all abt how much conviction you have coz its your money which will be at stake.