The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

Do Congress supporters know that Nehru had opposed construction of Somnath temple? He said building temples would make us another Pakistan(yep right ). Btw to secular people Somnath temple was broken 7 times by people of pissful community .Don't worry NCERT won't mention this.
May I please know, what community is this pissful community ?

Regarding Narendra Modi, this thread itself is a witness how he can be so polarizing. Keeping all the opinions and assumptions expressed here at their rightful place, if a discussion on Narendra Modi can become so heated, I am afraid the country will be burning in no time if and when he comes to power. Secondly, Our country is really short on good leadership [From both sides], that we are now in a position where we would have to choose between lesser of two criminals rather than genuine honest intellectuals. The Even More Worrisome aspect is, inspite of this leadership vacuum at the top, why do young enthusiastic people or leaders not have any avenue by which they can ascend to fill this void. The 'within party' dictatorship inherent in all political parties leave no room for a common citizen to really participate in the process. It is safe to say that India is a democracy where the common helpless people vote for a few among a bunch of looters, murderers and rapists to choose who will rape/murder/loot them. Long story short, the individual political parties should be governed by a transparent and democratic system of (1) Funding (2) Choosing Candidates. Until than politics shall remain a business where you invest a fortune in the elections, so that you can loot 10 times the same when you ascend to power.

Now Bihar's BJP lead, and Deput Chief, Sushil Kumar Modi takes a subconscious dig. "The PM should be liberal ('udar') like Atal Bihari Vajpayee," http://www.bihartimes.in/Newsbihar/2012/June/newsbihar19June7.html :nice: Good to see Vajpayee being remembered, more so because of his famous - muhn pe kalank laga diya statement driven towards the nalayak Modi. :rofl:
Lurker, do you really determine the politicians by what they say in the interview or during election speeches. I mean come on its 21st century let the youth of this country determine their leader on the basis of their performance not on what they say or else for next 15 years you will again have Lalu as CM of Bihar and Manmohan as PM. Few questions: 1. How a Jansanghi from 1949 who said many things after riot but did not threw Modi out of power more secular then the person under whom minorities and majorities both have developed. The rate of gowth of per capita income in Gujarat is highest and Muslims are also part of that gowth. 2. How is Advani more secular than Modi? I mean if these opportunists JDU leaders can support Advani as PM candidate do you really think they will not support Modi on some moral and secular ground. 3. Show me a single speech of Modi were he had said anything against any sect of people. He is communal wah bhai wah. Come on Gandhi Parivar aur aise kaiyon ne bahut saal c****ya kata hai apna. Give the vote on basis of performance. Give the vote to person under whom growth rate, Law and Order, Development of all sect has done not on the basis of speeches. Next time when this Nitish comes to ask for vote ask him how he finds Advani more secular than Modi. If no answer kick him out of your home.

Few questions: 1. How a Jansanghi from 1949 who said many things after riot but did not threw Modi out of power more secular then the person under whom minorities and majorities both have developed. The rate of gowth of per capita income in Gujarat is highest and Muslims are also part of that gowth.
Khalpat miyaan, Aren't you being ironical here? In the sense that you are asking me to look at both Vajpayee and Modi with an eye on performance and yet ignoring the performance yourself? I mean if you have a grievance that Vajpayee did not kick Modi out, and rightfully so, surely you should have equal anger at Modi for letting so many Indians get killed when he was at the helm. How does the former work, but the latter does not?? I have focussed on your point 1 only since that seemed like the crux of your argument, not that other points were ignored.

Khalpat miyaan, Aren't you being ironical here? In the sense that you are asking me to look at both Vajpayee and Modi with an eye on performance and yet ignoring the performance yourself? I mean if you have a grievance that Vajpayee did not kick Modi out, and rightfully so, surely you should have equal anger at Modi for letting so many Indians get killed when he was at the helm. How does the former work, but the latter does not?? I have focussed on your point 1 only since that seemed like the crux of your argument, not that other points were ignored.
No, my second point is more relevant to the discussion, how is Advani more secular than Modi. How can Nitish support Advani as PM candidate but not Modi? How does that make him more secular? Which Chu**ya will vote him because he had not suppoted Modi but supported Advani? Are we also following Lahori logic while supporting someone? Now, the question of Vajpayee. He is the most shrude leader ever. Do you really believe that he had no hand in Rath Yatra and all. Advani was doing Rath Yatra, his rath yatra was stopped and Vajpayee himself goes to President to give him the letter that he takes back the suppport from VP Singh Gov and he is liberal oh come on since he himself was not on Rath but do you really beleive that whatever was been done was without his consent. Gujarat happened, for four days he watched, he just did what Modi also did said nothing and did nothing for four days and after that he came with ghariyali aansoo asking Modi to quit, Modi is that person who didnt uttered a word. Do you really think that a person of the stature of Vajpayee couldn't have forced Modi to resign. How is Vajpayee more liberal in terms of secularism.

Nitish Kumar is a chew tiya if he thinks BJP will make him the PM candidate. Can't win his own state without BJP's help and has the gumption challenge a people's leader (with a much better track record) like Modi. :giggle: Once a bihari always a bihari.

No' date= my second point is more relevant to the discussion, how is Advani more secular than Modi. How can Nitish support Advani as PM candidate but not Modi? How does that make him more secular? Which Chu**ya will vote him because he had not suppoted Modi but supported Advani? Are we also following Lahori logic while supporting someone? Now, the question of Vajpayee. He is the most shrude leader ever. Do you really believe that he had no hand in Rath Yatra and all. Advani was doing Rath Yatra, his rath yatra was stopped and Vajpayee himself goes to President to give him the letter that he takes back the suppport from VP Singh Gov and he is liberal oh come on since he himself was not on Rath but do you really beleive that whatever was been done was without his consent. Gujarat happened, for four days he watched, he just did what Modi also did said nothing and did nothing for four days and after that he came with ghariyali aansoo asking Modi to quit, Modi is that person who didnt uttered a word. Do you really think that a person of the stature of Vajpayee couldn't have forced Modi to resign. How is Vajpayee more liberal in terms of secularism.
This. Firstly I really don't give a shi# about secular. I am not even sure what that means anymore. I think this country has enough "secular" and "communal" fanatics

No, my second point is more relevant to the discussion, how is Advani more secular than Modi. How can Nitish support Advani as PM candidate but not Modi? How does that make him more secular? Which Chu**ya will vote him because he had not suppoted Modi but supported Advani? Are we also following Lahori logic while supporting someone?
I thought the crux of your argument was - vote on basis of performance. Maybe I stand corrected on that. Now with regards to Advani I never said he is my PM candidate, did I lol. You just assumed that since I am anti Modi, I am pro Advani. I am neither. Personally Arun Shourie is what I would prefer, or Jaitley or Shushma Swaraj but I also would agree, kinda, that they are not really winners on electoral manch.
Now, the question of Vajpayee. He is the most shrude leader ever. Do you really believe that he had no hand in Rath Yatra and all. Advani was doing Rath Yatra, his rath yatra was stopped and Vajpayee himself goes to President to give him the letter that he takes back the suppport from VP Singh Gov and he is liberal oh come on since he himself was not on Rath but do you really beleive that whatever was been done was without his consent.
I think you are being overly critical of Vajpayee. Sure he was a Jansanghi since a long time but was the environment as vitriolic in 50s as it is today? Heck I grew up in 80s/90s, probably you did too, and I am at a loss of words on seeing sheer hatred all around. Communalism is on the rise, fundamentalism is on the rise..did you really see this in 80s?? A Vajpayee standing against Indira Gandhi on principals is not the same as Modi being at helm when citizens were being killed, is it :winky::winky:

I thought the crux of your argument was - vote on basis of performance. Maybe I stand corrected on that. Now with regards to Advani I never said he is my PM candidate' date= did I lol. You just assumed that since I am anti Modi, I am pro Advani. I am neither. Personally Arun Shourie is what I would prefer, or Jaitley or Shushma Swaraj but I also would agree, kinda, that they are not really winners on electoral manch.
No, I never said that you support Advani ha ha ha it can never be Lurker I know if Advani is the last politician left on planet then also you are not going to support him. To be frank Arun Shaourie, Jaitley, Sushma can be a good team but PM , I have doubt about their capabilities to lead a country like India.
I think you are being overly critical of Vajpayee. Sure he was a Jansanghi since a long time but was the environment as vitriolic in 50s as it is today? Heck I grew up in 80s/90s, probably you did too, and I am at a loss of words on seeing sheer hatred all around. Communalism is on the rise, fundamentalism is on the rise..did you really see this in 80s?? A Vajpayee standing against Indira Gandhi on principals is not the same as Modi being at helm when citizens were being killed, is it :winky::winky:
This is the alarming thing in present day politics this is what I said in one of my threads also nowadays disagreement has turned into hatred. Gorn are the days when Nehru gave pat on the back of Vajpayee saying this man will one day become PM of country. Now can we think something of this sort coming from a congress man for Modi or from a BJP supporter for ahul no, not possible.

Nitish wants to go solo in Bihar. When he looks at other regional parties having Lions share in MPs & MLAs in their respective states, having to share with BJP is stifling him. Fare enough. In anycase BJP has the capacity to screw up in future... It's advantage Congress, always...

Nitish wants to go solo in Bihar. When he looks at other regional parties having Lions share in MPs & MLAs in their respective states, having to share with BJP is stifling him. Fare enough. In anycase BJP has the capacity to screw up in future... It's advantage Congress, always...
Nitish should be PM. Uk US based peeps should be asleep @ 3 am.

Nitish should be PM. Uk US based peeps should be asleep @ 3 am.
Suffering from cough & cold. Woke up early... BJP is a troubled party.. Every other party likes trolling with it. Effing Shiv Sena goons easily dumps it to quickly support UPA presidential candidate just because they got assurance from Congress that they will not elevate that rebel SS Narayan Rane to any top post... Misplaced priorities of all these regional parties... However I agree that NDA should declare and go with a secular PM candidate in 2014 elections to have some sort of chance....

Suffering from cough & cold. Woke up early... BJP is a troubled party.. Every other party likes trolling with it. Effing Shiv Sena goons easily dumps it to quickly support UPA presidential candidate just because they got assurance from Congress that they will not elevate that rebel SS Narayan Rane to any top post... Misplaced priorities of all these regional parties... However I agree that NDA should declare and go with a secular PM candidate in 2014 elections to have dome sort of chance....
Sorry to hear abt cold and cough. Rub some Amrutanjan on ur gala and chaathi. Yep BJP has a knack of screwing up and congress on pulling out a winner. R emember Pratibha patil candidature and how ss screwed bjp?

Looks like Nitish Kumar is planning to ditch the BJP shortly and hitch a ride with the Kangress or go it alone. In any case, an NDA govt led by some lightweight half-Kangressi like Jaitley and saddled with allies like JD(U) will be little better than the UPA. An NDA led by anyone other than Modi will probably never even come close to winning.

Sorry to hear abt cold and cough. Rub some Amrutanjan on ur gala and chaathi. Yep BJP has a knack of screwing up and congress on pulling out a winner. R emember Pratibha patil candidature and how ss screwed bjp?
Thanks. I am using Vicks. During that Patil Bai vote too the same "Narayan Rane" assurance worked... I'm not against Pranab Babus candidature. I'm just giving examples of how easy it is to lure and break up NDA partners....

Thanks. I am using Vicks. During that Patil Bai vote too the same "Narayan Rane" assurance worked... I'm not against Pranab Babus candidature. I'm just giving examples of how easy it is to lure and break up NDA partners....
I am. He is a param ass*** who we have been tolerating since early 80s for some unknown reason. During the 80s when Congress couldnt win a single seat in West Bengal, apart from Ghani Khan Chowdhary from Malda, Pranab Mukherjee not only kept getting nominated to Congress but also occupied some key positions for some unknown reason. He is the Kim Kardashian of Indian politics.

Looks like Nitish Kumar is planning to ditch the BJP shortly and hitch a ride with the Kangress or go it alone. In any case, an NDA govt led by some lightweight half-Kangressi like Jaitley and saddled with allies like JD(U) will be little better than the UPA. An NDA led by anyone other than Modi will probably never even come close to winning.
Trust me, BJP will not be able to form a govt. BJP depends on too many regional parties. doesn't has pan-India reach... My prediction: Pranab babu will invite the largest party, in all probability, Congress to 'explore the possibilities' of forming a Govt.

I am. He is a param ass*** who we have been tolerating since early 80s for some unknown reason. During the 80s when Congress couldnt win a single seat in West Bengal, apart from Ghani Khan Chowdhary from Malda, Pranab Mukherjee not only kept getting nominated to Congress but also occupied some key positions for some unknown reason. He is the Kim Kardashian of Indian politics.
Even if you are against Pranab babu becoming President, accept the fact that atleast he's a better candidate than Patil Bai...