The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

He was forced to do that. Not sure if he can boast about this auction, in public... Why do all these things? What was the need to accept all these gifts and even if he's accepting, why flaunt it in public? Just wear it in private events, if he's so fond of these type of suits.. I agree all these are zero controversies, but you can't beat perceptions once it gets developed... Better don't allow perceptions to harm you...
What force? Same news says he did auction items when he was CM as well.

Media will target if he's wearing a personal gifted suit in a media crazy event instead of a private wedding (That suit was given on the occasion of a wedding). If media hadn't created this issue, we wouldn't be witnessing the auction of the suit today... He does auctions his stuff periodically for good cause, many people know that... All I'm saying is that he is in immense media focus and he needs to be careful... It's these type of nonsense and bytes by fringe elements which is creating a bad image of him... I was also hope (against hope) that he will atleast reign in some vocal fringe elements, like Sakshi etc. If he can't do that due to political compulsions in UP then should effing deluge the media with news regarding all sorts of growth related developments... Instead of being on Frint foot, he's continuously being in backfoot... Soon he will embark on another set of foreign visit thus enabling opponents to harm him using 'thousands of small cuts'...
He just cannot help it, he cannot live in fear of such nonsense critics really! Or else he wouldn't have made it so far.

How to troll the world like a Prime Minister ! 1) Wear a gifted pinstriped suit costing Rs 70,000 with your name 2) Turn it into a hype.... 3) Allow media (& critics like Rahul Gandhi) to speculate that it is Rs 10 lakh suit. 4) After few days, keeping up with the annual tradition of auctioning all gifts, auction this suit as well. 5) Since everyone thinks this is Rs 10 lakh, the final auction amount will be in tens of crores of rupees. 6) Use the money for cleaning of ganga.

How to troll the world like a Prime Minister ! 1) Wear a gifted pinstriped suit costing Rs 7,000 with your name 2) Turn it into a hype.... 3) Allow media (& critics like Rahul Gandhi) to speculate that it is Rs 10 lakh suit. 4) After few days, keeping up with the annual tradition of auctioning all gifts, auction this suit as well. 5) Since everyone thinks this is Rs 10 lakh, the final auction amount will be in tens of crores of rupees. 6) Use the money for cleaning of ganga.
:hysterical::hysterical: Sir Ji.. even a good shirt costs that much nowadays..:giggle: If I can get that kind of suit for 7000, i'll order 10.. it is an insult to the intelligence of readers even if you make such kind of claim.

:hysterical::hysterical: Sir Ji.. even a good shirt costs that much nowadays..:giggle: If I can get that kind of suit for 7000, i'll order 10.. it is an insult to the intelligence of readers even if you make such kind of claim.
oops my bad I missed one zero. Thanks

oops my bad I missed one zero. Thanks
:cantstop::cantstop: This guy is receiving left right center

Tolerance has to cut both ways: Hidden message in Modi's speech on religion There are two ways of looking at Narendra Modi’s speech today (17 October) to a Christian congregation in Delhi called to celebrate the elevation to sainthood of Kuriakose Elias Chavara and Mother Euphrasia. One is to see it as a belated reassurance to the minority community that his government will not tolerate what has been loosely described in the media as “attacks on churches”; the other way is to see it as Modi’s challenge to the minorities to also appreciate what India is really about. It’s not just a place to claim rights, but imbibe its ancient heritage of tolerance. That he made overt attempts to dispel fears among minorities was obvious, given the wild statements made by some elements of the Sangh parivar. It was in this context that he said: “My government will not allow any religious group, belonging to the majority or the minority, to incite hatred against others, overtly or covertly. Mine will be a government that gives equal respect to all religions.” He added: “We cannot accept violence against any religion on any pretext and I strongly condemn such violence. My government will act strongly in this regard.” Note the words I have italicised. Is Modi merely assuring the minorities of protection from the hateful things being said (or done) by the majority, or also implying that inciting hatred can happen at the minority end as well? He is saying that he will not allow anyone, minority or majority, to incite hatred. This is not a promise to minorities alone. In what the Lutyens Elite and card-carrying secularists are unwilling to admit, Modi clearly implied that India’s secularism was not the gift of Nehru, the Left- Liberal or even the makers of the constitution; it was, in fact, the other way around: the constitution and secularism was the gift of India’s ancient values of tolerance. He said: “Our Constitution did not evolve in a vacuum. It has roots in the ancient cultural traditions of India. The principle of equal respect has been a part of India’s ethos for thousands of years and that is how it became integral to the Constitution of India.” For good measure, he also slipped in Swami Vivekananda, his favourite icon: “The tradition of welcoming, respecting and honouring all faiths is as old as India itself. As Swami Vivekananda said: ‘We believe not only in universal toleration, but we accept all religions as true.’” This is nothing but a challenge to minority, and exclusivist religions, which asks them to respect the tolerant traditions of India even when they seek their own religious rights. Just in case someone missed the message, Modi said what Swami Vivekananda said held good not only for the nation, or his government, but “all governments, run by any political party.” Quoting Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore’s reference to a mind without fear, Modi said it was Tagore’s “heaven of freedom that we are duty-bound to create and preserve. We believe that there is truth in every religion. Ekam Sat Vipra Bahudha vadanti.” Once again, Modi’s quote from the Rig Veda challenged his listeners to accept the reality that the same truth may be told differently by different religions. There is no reason for any religion to claim superiority over another. Tolerance has to cut both ways. But that is not quite the way his speech will be interpreted in newspapers tomorrow.
That's a good piece, especially the bold parts. Minorities need to also respect secularism and play an positive role in harmony of our country. They cannot dictate or threaten the majority as seen in the past. Also liked the emphasis on our ancient values of tolerance. And his last line was brilliant, our media certainly missed it all.

Nothing to misinterpret there.
Nobody seems to talk about the other side. Minorities are also citizens of the country, so they need to also understand and appreciate India, secularism, and our history or culture. They cannot threaten and spread hatred against majority. It works both sides.

मोदी का सूट खरीदने वाला अपने आप को ठगा महसूस कर रहा है।केजरीवाल ने कहा था इसके एक पॉकेट में अडानी है एक में अम्बानी पर उसे कोई नहीं मिला Lol

PM Modi attends Mulayam grand nephew's 'tilak' ceremony http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/modi-attends-mulayam-singh-yadav-grand-nephew-tilak-ceremony/1/420213.html Modi_Laloo_Mulayam.jpg image hosting 12mb What does bhakts think of this? I see it as positive only. In politics, you can't work in politics of isolation. You need to come together with politicians of all hue and colors. Good to see Modi establishing these relations with other senior leaders. This allays some fears of him developing dictatorial tendencies.

PM Modi attends Mulayam grand nephew's 'tilak' ceremony http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/modi-attends-mulayam-singh-yadav-grand-nephew-tilak-ceremony/1/420213.html Modi_Laloo_Mulayam.jpg image hosting 12mb What does bhakts think of this? I see it as positive only. In politics, you can't work in politics of isolation. You need to come together with politicians of all hue and cry. Good to see Modi establishing these relations with other senior leaders. This allays some fears of him developing dictatorial tendencies.
I am surprised to laloo than Malayan with modi. I thought he would be the last person to sit next to modi after his comments on modi for pm.
Its good to see leaders being civil to each other outside of politics but other than that I won't read much into it. It will not remove/reduce the animosity that Modi and Lalu/Mulayam have for each other.