Follow on or Bat?

living

Dravid used to be the bravest of all batters i have seen' date=' along with Tugga... it is clear tht his poosy attitude in captaincy is rubbing off on his batting.... he is everything short of shivering his crease there, making anderson and tremlett look like holding and garner....[/quote'] here is a short glimpse of his innings of 5 of 60 odd balls.... full toss from monty, a spinner.... inside edge onto pads attempting a feeble on drive.... a juicy half volley on off, defended back to the bowler.... facking disgusted after scoring 660 runs and having them on the mat with a lead of 330 odd runs...
here is a short glimpse of his innings of 5 of 60 odd balls.... full toss from monty, a spinner.... inside edge onto pads attempting a feeble on drive.... a juicy half volley on off, defended back to the bowler.... facking disgusted after scoring 660 runs and having them on the mat with a lead of 330 odd runs...
He's lost it mentally and in the process lost the shot making ability. I'd say he's not in the best form at the moment. I suppose he's not the one to throw away either, he's going to try to be there still. The good thing is that Ganguly is out there and there are couple other positive batters to still come.

i have read and hence the question.... u based on probability based on past history.... u compared on one hand a follow on event vs on the other hand the highest 4th innings total.... in other words, the first one was a general event with no consideration of lead even though this time it was 130 odd more than minimum required for follow on and on the other, u post a specific number, tht is the highest total successfully chased.....

i have read and hence the question.... u based on probability based on past history.... u compared on one hand a follow on event vs on the other hand the highest 4th innings total.... in other words' date=' the first one was a general event with no consideration of lead even though this time it was 130 odd more than minimum required for follow on and on the other, u post a specific number, tht is the highest total successfully chased.....[/quote'] I suppose it's not fair to crticize as yet really. India may still end up winning this game comfortably but if India end up drawing this one Rahul will have to take a lot of flak for his decision and the insipid batting. We can justify not enforcing follow on but the terrible batting simply cannot be justified.
i have read and hence the question.... u based on probability based on past history.... u compared on one hand a follow on event vs on the other hand the highest 4th innings total.... in other words' date=' the first one was a general event with no consideration of lead even though this time it was 130 odd more than minimum required for follow on and on the other, u post a specific number, tht is the highest total successfully chased.....[/quote'] No, that was just one argument. Many others : 1. Batting on 4th day is easier than 5th. 2. Kumble bowling on 5th day. 3. Panesar not bowling on 5th day. 4. England might have 4 bowlers tomorrow compared to 3 they have today. 5. Batting with the mind set of setting a 500 target is much easier than batting with mind set of chasing 180. 6. Series win is a bigger probability with batting, IMO, a no brainer not to impose the follow on. The only argument in favor of imposing the follow on is that it perhaps would have given us a slightly better chance, I emphasize perhaps, of winning this match but who cares if the alternative gives us a certain series win.