Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow...

Sooda

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow... SA went from 220 for 4 to 257 for 8, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. But I will! :hic: WTF was Dravid thinking, bringing in Ganguly straight after a break? You have to ask which bowler would the batsman least fancy facing? The logic completely eludes me. I also felt he was overattacking. We leaked 30 odd runs through thirdman before the gap was closed. Ironically, VRV was not provided with a FSL or a leg gully despite the steep bounce he was generating, and Kumble was bowled from one end only. Zaheer was brought back for his last spell ahead of VRV, despite having bowled one just a few overs ago, while the latter had earlier bowled the spell of his life after tea. The man of the day was once again Sreesanth for me. The guy just got faster and faster with each spell, defying the oppressive heat, and regularly breached 140 kph before he got Boucher. He moved the ball both ways, hit the bat hard, and sweated blood for his team. You really can't ask for much more. Sky showed coverage of how Sree twirled the ball around with his thumb and ring finger during his runup to keep the batsman guessing. The fella thinks on his feet, a quality that sets the true achievers from the almost-theres. He also has a huge amount of gumption and hunger. Munaf maybe the most talented bowler from India, but there's no way the team management could have kept Sreesanth out, as they did with Munaf, had he been almost fit. He would have brawled his way into the team. If he remains fit, he'll leave other Indian quicks, including Munaf far in his wake. India have unearthed a true fighter.

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow... Yep this is the Zaheer of old-a bit slower but probably better for it...top new ball bowler. I thought Zaheer was better than Sree today frankly...was causing Gibbs ENOUGH problems...Sree was a bit lucky with the Gibbs wkt but that ball to Boucher was class. But yes we would have been better if Munaf was there...much more control and variety...but im not sure he has his stamina VRV was another guy who seemed to get quicker the longer he bowled...good to see him going past 140kmph consistently

Re: Thoughts after day 1 and looking forward to tomorrow... dont know how to rate our performance on day 1.. these days its hard to say before both team bats.. mind you they have 5 pure bowlers.. but its a very small ground.. veeru's upper cuts will come very handy.. we should be able to dectet terms from here on.. and i would like to think we can win series here with some sensible batting.. thank god for our experienced middle order batters..