Recipe for chicken bombay please?

Guest dada_rocks

it takes just three... when you close the burner after 3' date=' let it stand for a while till its pressure runs out[/quote'] Hmm yea.. but We can always push dal a little bit , when it comes to pressure cooking, unlike Rice.

no... dont try to experiment :D
My normal cooker got busted. It will take a while before i get a new one. I am unable to cook Dal. And i wonder , An electric cooker , that cooks rice should also cook Dal right ? I dont see why not , honestly.

My normal cooker got busted. It will take a while before i get a new one. I am unable to cook Dal. And i wonder , An electric cooker , that cooks rice should also cook Dal right ? I dont see why not , honestly.
I never make rice in the rice cooker...usse mein pateele mein hi jalati hoon.:D I make rajma and chole in the rice cooker ...sometimes. Make the masala on stove, then add to the dal and keep the dal for cooking .Tadka marna hai to baad mein uper se mar dena.....:thumbs_up:

Wow Rads , I am slowly beginning to see the utility of the rice cooker. Never knew we could even make rajma and chole in it. Ok, I am going to try cooking Dal in my world famous $20 Wal-Mart rice cooker. If i dont post again , it means the rice cooker exploded and something is seriously wrong wih me. Do dil 911 and tell them you have one poster missing, if that happens.

Try the same mixer method Sriram :D This is what you do: 1) Soak dal for a while so it gets soft. Preferably overnight but if you are in a hurry then 2 hours shall do. 2) Cook it in an open container at low to medium intensity for an hour. Yes this takes longer since you are cooking in open. You may have to stir it every few minutes so to avoid the froth on top. 3) After an hour take a few pieces of dal out and check to see if they have become soft. 4) If they are soft then throw them in a mixer and make a nice little paste. Add some water if its too thick. 5) In a pan boil some oil, add onions and thinly cut green chilly into it. You can also add zeera and other spices depending on your taste. Once the onion is brown add some thinly cut tomatoe. And after a while add your dal taste. Voila your tarka daal is ready. Make sure you let the daal cook for about 10-15 minutes so it absorbs spices. Thats how I used to cook when my cooker went bust. Neccessity is the mother or all invention and all xx

Ok, I am going to try cooking Dal in my world famous $20 Wal-Mart rice cooker. If i dont post again , it means the rice cooker exploded and something is seriously wrong wih me. Do dil 911 and tell them you have one poster missing, if that happens.
I promise to dial 911 and even intimate your relatives, just add me as the beneficiary to your Insurance :D

Thats how I used to cook when my cooker went bust. Neccessity is the mother or all invention and all xx
Thanks for the tip, Lurks. I have learnt more about cooking methods in the last 24 hours , than i have , in the last 12 months ! :regular_smile:

I promise to dial 911 and even intimate your relatives' date=' just add me as the beneficiary to your Insurance :D[/quote'] Sure Lurks. How do these details sound ? Name : Luker Bhai Location : Originally from India , now in AZ Likes : Anything to do with Nostalgia :D

Sure Lurks. How do these details sound ? Name : Luker Bhai Location : Originally from India , now in AZ Likes : Anything to do with Nostalgia :D
:haha::haha: waise I see that you got so caught up with the pressure cooker that you named me Luker..maybe because it rhymes :cry_smile:

:haha::haha: waise I see that you got so caught up with the pressure cooker that you named me Luker..maybe because it rhymes :cry_smile:
:haha::haha: Nah , that wasnt intentional. My typing is much more worse than i thought. :D