Kerala Express Watch Thread

http://www.thatscricket.com/news/201...se-simons.html Simons, who is on his last assignment with the Indian team, after being sacked by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said: "He (Yadav) bowls out-swing at 145-plus speed. He is an incredible athlete, has great strength and stamina. The batsmen actually find him 150kmph because of his rhythmical and easy action. He is one of the most exciting young fast bowler in the world today.". "Vinay Kumar works hardest than anyone else. There are guys with natural skills and then there are those with hard work ethics. He always seems to enjoy, always working on his wrist position, batting and fielding," Simons added. On pace spearhead, Zaheer Khan, the South African said: "Zaheer Khan has good craft and has ability to teach them (the youngsters). He has worked really and wants to be available as often as possible. He is mentally keen to do well and is excited about it. As long as he stays motivated and puts that effort physically, he should be around." Simmons, however, was disappointed with S Sreesanth. (hahahahahhaha) "Unfortunately, the batsmen of today and the way the game has evolved, it's all about consistency. You just can't bowl only 3-4 good balls in the over. (owned by the coach) "(Ben) Hilfenhaus has kept it so simple and is successful. It's about executing your plans well," Simons added. Simmons gave an insight as to why a lot of Indian bowlers are not as patient abroad as they ought to be. "The bowlers have to rely on innovations and variations as there is not much in wickets in India. But abroad it's just about being patient and sticking to game plans. These are the lessons we have to learn." On his coaching experience with the Indian team, he said: "We had this great hope of learning from England. We are disappointed in the way both England and Australia have gone. We are capable of much better. There were key moments but we just couldn't drive home the advantage and be in a winning position. "I would have also liked guys like Ishant to move forward and take more five-wicket hauls. I would have loved them to have more rewards than they have had." Simmons' next coaching assignment is with the Delhi Daredevils team in the upcoming IPL, but he hasn't thought much about his long-term plans. "I will be with Delhi Daredevils. I have some business in Cape Town and I would go back to (it) post IPL. I have been involved in various places but there's no decision yet," he said. "Two years with the Indian team has improved my understanding as a person. It's been an enriching experience and hopefully I have left some mark on the players." ThatsCricket Last edited by Anmol 216 : Yesterday at 04:53 PM.
Spot on here Simmons.
Sreesanth is an example of someone who isn't patient.
not just Sreesanth, most Indian bowlers, Ishant, Yadav, RP, PK. They try to do too much on every ball. Take an example of Yadav in the recent CB series. He was bowling quick and had batsmen in all sorts of trouble many a times, but he always doing an error of bowling short and most often the ball was not rising above waist height and he has punished most on that kind of delivery. He was not bowling short consistently, but whenever he was fuller around short of length, he was looking a threat, but rather than sticking to that length he was trying 2-3 short ball in every over, was trying to bounce out batsmen, but when ball does not rise above waist, it becomes a hit me ball and on the same ball he went fro most boundaries. Only if he had more patience, same was the story in tests, where he was trying to clean up and bounce out the batsmen and was straying down leg in that process.
Agree but Yadav is young. I don't expect great consistency from him immediately. What you expect is that he learns with experience. Sreesanth and Ishant have played for a long time now and haven't taken the step up to become the leader of the attack.
IMO, coach too needs to play some role in their progress.
Sree contributed nothing to the world cup campaign. ZK' date=' Nehra, Munaf showed that an attack does not need pace to succeed, even in subcontinental conditions. A high quality quick is always handy, but as is a high quality medium pacer.[/quote'] so you have forgotten so early about the world cup,Nehra was hammered in every match except in semifinal.
Agree but Yadav is young. I don't expect great consistency from him immediately. What you expect is that he learns with experience. Sreesanth and Ishant have played for a long time now and haven't taken the step up to become the leader of the attack.
Can't use Santh and Ishant in the same category. One is supremely talented, the other is mediocre.
not just Sreesanth' date=' most Indian bowlers, Ishant, Yadav, RP, PK. They try to do too much on every ball. Take an example of Yadav in the recent CB series. He was bowling quick and had batsmen in all sorts of trouble many a times, but he always doing an error of bowling short and most often the ball was not rising above waist height and he has punished most on that kind of delivery. He was not bowling short consistently, but whenever he was fuller around short of length, he was looking a threat, but rather than sticking to that length he was trying 2-3 short ball in every over, was trying to bounce out batsmen, but when ball does not rise above waist, it becomes a hit me ball and on the same ball he went fro most boundaries. Only if he had more patience, same was the story in tests, where he was trying to clean up and bounce out the batsmen and was straying down leg in that process.[/quote'] Yadav's short ball always gets top edged for 6 or 4. Short ball is aimed too high. He needs to get steep bounce and aim for throat, that way leg slip, slip and gully come into play.

Sreesanth is 29 years old, injury prone and out of favor. Will need to do well in Ranji so he will be atleast 30 at comeback. He will last maximum 1 or 2 years given Indias tiring schedule that too if in good form. When will you come to the realisation Sreesanth is done. Mark my words Sreesanth is finished he will never play for India again

:WTF: does the video prove? and I was referring to the World Cup final.
ZK went for 35 runs in his last two overs and the target almost went beyond us.. ZK and Srinath had WORSE economy in the 03 wc final than Santh did in the 2011 final. This is despite ZK and Srinath having been in rhythm and played all the games in lead up to final unlike Sree. Basically, one game doesn't mean anything. It is hard to perform in huge pressure game without being in rhythm. Sree said his effort was 20/10 for final but performance was poor. He bowled quick and initially rattled Dilshan and Sanga for pace but then became wayward.
Sreesanth is 29 years old, injury prone and out of favor. Will need to do well in Ranji so he will be atleast 30 at comeback. He will last maximum 1 or 2 years given Indias tiring schedule that too if in good form. When will you come to the realisation Sreesanth is done. Mark my words Sreesanth is finished he will never play for India again
He will be in next test squad for sure and if he does well in IPL he will be in T20 wc team :cantstop: