Video exposes cold murder by UP police

Feed

The UP police are in a soup for wantonly gunning down a gangster. The footage of the killing was shown on most TV channels on Wednesday. More... Video exposes cold murder by UP police 16 Aug 2007, 0525 hrs ISTspacer.gif,spacer.gifPervez Iqbal Siddiquispacer.gif,spacer.gifTNN spacer.gif LUCKNOW: The UP police are in a soup for wantonly gunning down a gangster. The footage of the killing was shown on most TV channels on Wednesday. The incident took place in Allahabad in September 2006, when a shootout occurred between the police and gangsters. A constable and one of the assailants were killed, while another criminal's palm was blown off and a sub-inspector suffered bullet injuries. The shootout was recorded on a video camera, and the footage showed the gangster, Pintu Misra, being shot dead by the cops in cold blood despite offering to surrender with his hands in the air. Taking note of the video release, CM Mayawati reportedly called an emergency meeting and ordered a CID inquiry, setting a 30-day deadline for the probe to be completed. Director general of police, Vikram Singh, too, announced that the erring police officers will be brought to book shortly. "Those guilty will not only lose their jobs but will also land behind bars for a crime as heinous as a cold-blooded murder," Vikram Singh told TOI. "They will be punished in a manner which hasn't been heard of before in the country," he added.

Guest dada_rocks

Cold murder my a$$.. so one seasoned criminal keeps firing at police in this exchange a policeman is already dead ; suddenly puts his hands up and police is to buy into this not factoring in the possibility that tthe criminal guy have some other trick up his sleeve if and when police approaches him.,.. Exactly Radhika criminals do this sort of pretend-surrender drama all the time..

Take no prisoners should be the way to go! Zero tolerance should be shown towards armed gangsters. Even in so called first world societies like US, police shootouts are very common and collateral damage is a part and parcel of it. Its a life that they have chosen and it invariably ends with a bullet!

goping by the book that is 'supposed' to govern the police conduct here: 1. Once a fugitive has ignored warnings to surrender the police are permitted to use non terminal force i.e. tasers, pepper sprays. 2. If a fugitive is in possession of a firearm and shows intent to use it, the police are authorized to use lethal force. i repeat, intent to use is enough for the use of lethal force. here is a fugitive who has gone above and beyond that. he has shot and possibly even killed a policeman. never one for summary executions and death sentences, i for one, find myself behind the police and their right to shoot the fugitive. this is just the media using sensationalism to sell more advertisements. indian media is a whore for such things, and a video such as this is big big bucks for them. the indian police, far from innocent has always made for easy targets, and the media is exploiting that shamelessly. maybe they are a bit bored now that greg chapell is not about.

Guest dada_rocks

As we speak Barodara's SSP has been shot and needless to say it's not even a news in eys of these media honchos.. cut the police some slack they are doing difficult job

Guest dada_rocks
In states like UP and Bihar where kidnapping is fast becoming a viable business....kidnappers are no better than criminals. He was a known criminal and as far as I am concerned...good riddance !
BTW thank goddness the clown is hindu had he been ROPer by now the thread wud have been 10 page long policemen wud habe been accused of being "u know what"... same wud have been the fate of the posters whose stance is sympathetic to the police..

Our Police may not be great ...but considering the conditions they operate under and for the pittance they get paid....I am surprised they even do as much. These men live in pathetic conditions...have no family life and live under extremely stressful conditions.This is specially true for police in towns and cities. I had to once go to a police station in Delhi to lodge an FIR for a stolen/lost handbag.The guy who was there to write an FIR had been on duty for 48 hrs and had not had anyholidays for months....even sundays are often not free.They deserve all the flak when they screw up or indulge in criminal behavior....but to expect them to not shoot when under fire is expecting too much.May be the journos who make these news should try getting inthe line of fire sometime .

As they should be. Police force is not the place for cold blooded murderers' date=' they should try joining underworld gangs.[/quote'] must we not reserve that punishment for the countless officers who engage in brutalizing criminals in remand? i think we need a constitutional ammendment that removes "self incrimination" as a way of proving guilt. but at the same time, we need to give more executive power to the police when it comes to dealing with criminals in the field.

As we speak Barodara's SSP has been shot and needless to say it's not even a news in eys of these media honchos.. cut the police some slack they are doing difficult job
So how did you learn about it? Are you in Baroda as we speak?
i think we need a constitutional ammendment that removes "self incrimination" as a way of proving guilt. but at the same time, we need to give more executive power to the police when it comes to dealing with criminals in the field.
More executive power? The cops have as much executive power as they could possibly want. Have you not heard of police brutality? I suspect you must have lived in India at some time, has it not passed your eyes that even a traffic cop, let alone an Armed policewallah, is quick to let go of a slap or two at a poor hapless rickshaw wallah? This more "executive power" will only allow the cops to hit at small time criminals, like this Pintu Mishra chap. The day the cops start shooting down big time criminals like Shahabuddin, Dawood etc etc I say yes go ahead and give them those executive power. Why do they need such powers to tackle loocha and lafangas? A small time fact of India is that the biggest goonda in town is often the policewallah. Take it for whatever its worth. xxx

Guest dada_rocks
So how did you learn about it? Are you in Baroda as we speak? More executive power? The cops have as much executive power as they could possibly want. Have you not heard of police brutality? I suspect you must have lived in India at some time, has it not passed your eyes that even a traffic cop, let alone an Armed policewallah, is quick to let go of a slap or two at a poor hapless rickshaw wallah? This more "executive power" will only allow the cops to hit at small time criminals, like this Pintu Mishra chap. The day the cops start shooting down big time criminals like Shahabuddin, Dawood etc etc I say yes go ahead and give them those executive power. Why do they need such powers to tackle loocha and lafangas? A small time fact of India is that the biggest goonda in town is often the policewallah. Take it for whatever its worth. xxx
Brother I have told u in past.. there is two kind of reporting There is 5th/6th page on online newspaer of print media that's where I got it from.. I ask where is the week long festival and hi-toba chest beating yada yada 24/7 over couple of days on the same news-channel over this news..... U conveneintly think both is same I can't be that blind.. Do castigate cops for those crimes.. but here we are talking about a seasoned crimnal who is indulged in gun-battle has already killed a police personnel in the exchange and suddenly puts his hands up and u expect police to buy into it.. I have had quite a first hand interaction with police depttt and I know their is ample corruption and not even a figleaf moves without hara-patta but in cases like OP they are being unfairly chastised....... Yes the guy was not of dawood class criminal but he was anything but saint .. I have said it in past say again just because dawood is at large doesn't mean every crminal of lesser standing than him needs to be treated with kid-glove

Brother I have told u in past.. there is two kind of reporting There is 5th/6th page on online newspaer of print media that's where I got it from.. I ask where is the week long festival and hi-toba chest beating yada yada 24/7 over couple of days on the same news-channel over this news..... U conveneintly think both is same I can't be that blind..
Long story short, they did cover it but didnt give it the emphasis it deserved.
Do castigate cops for those crimes.. but here we are talking about a seasoned crimnal who is indulged in gun-battle has already killed a police personnel in the exchange and suddenly puts his hands up and u expect police to buy into it.. I have had quite a first hand interaction with police depttt and I know their is ample corruption and not even a figleaf moves without hara-patta but in cases like OP they are being unfairly chastised....... Yes the guy was not of dawood class criminal but he was anything but saint .. I have said it in past say again just because dawood is at large doesn't mean every crminal of lesser standing than him needs to be treated with kid-glove
Rant away. Just realize that even the SSP of UP has conceded this is a "fake encounter" and is being looked at. Uttar Pradesh police chief Vikram Singh said that the footage "looked like a fake encounter". "The government has taken the issue very seriously and the guilty policemen will not be spared," he said. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6949194.stm Issiliye kahta hoon ke jo issue discuss kar rahe ho atleast look it up. xxx

Guest dada_rocks
Long story short, they did cover it but didnt give it the emphasis it deserved. Rant away. Just realize that even the SSP of UP has conceded this is a "fake encounter" and is being looked at. Uttar Pradesh police chief Vikram Singh said that the footage "looked like a fake encounter". "The government has taken the issue very seriously and the guilty policemen will not be spared," he said. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6949194.stm Issiliye kahta hoon ke jo issue discuss kar rahe ho atleast look it up. xxx
They didn't print media did I was talking about this 24/7 news channel's over the top coverage of the crminla kileld as opposed to complete black out of SSP vadora news.. SO one SSP says it looks fake encounter and that makes it fake encounter... sadly even crminal gangs find police patronage on caste/credd lines so i won't put much weightage to what anyone says .. I say check the video urslef I am postive u have not done that .... he said/she said mein kya sachchai hai ka faisla to court mein hoga........... But this trial by media bordering on passing verdict to the effect of conviction in this case is what I have problem with............ Rant boy in every thred u come up with dawood bahar hai is lyte ise chhor do usse chhor do and I am ranting.. well whatever makes u feel better

They didn't print media did I was talking about this 24/7 news channel's over the top coverage of the crminla kileld as opposed to complete black out of SSP vadora news..
Bhai mere which Indian 24/7 news channel is supposed to have any credibility. Are you not making yourself seem stupid if you beleive in contrary? It is one thing to have news appear in say The Hindu or Indian Express but completely other to appear in Zee news...I am sure you are smart enough to realize that.
SO one SSP says it looks fake encounter and that makes it fake encounter... sadly even crminal gangs find police patronage on caste/credd lines so i won't put much weightage to what anyone says ..
One SSP? Subah subah kya khaa liya? Bhai saaab he is the top dog of the very Police Force that is being taken to task here.
Rant boy in every thred u come up with dawood bahar hai is lyte ise chhor do usse chhor do and I am ranting.. well whatever makes u feel better
Natni kahe naani se, naani dulkal chal.. Hilarious to see someone who brings in ROP in every thread, wait you did that in this one too, to caste stone on someone else. What was that about if you point a finger at someone 3 point towards you and all? xxx

Guest dada_rocks
Bhai mere which Indian 24/7 news channel is supposed to have any credibility. Are you not making yourself seem stupid if you beleive in contrary? It is one thing to have news appear in say The Hindu or Indian Express but completely other to appear in Zee news...I am sure you are smart enough to realize that. One SSP? Subah subah kya khaa liya? Bhai saaab he is the top dog of the very Police Force that is being taken to task here. Natni kahe naani se, naani dulkal chal.. Hilarious to see someone who brings in ROP in every thread, wait you did that in this one too, to caste stone on someone else. What was that about if you point a finger at someone 3 point towards you and all? xxx
Credibility is very loaded subjective word, point here is visibility.. Do useriopously think large mass has grey-cells to think in terms of credibility. Still anything on printed paer or TV does attrcts people's attention. Good at least u bought there is unbalance rporting.. BTW even in print media there is diffrence between donning fifth page and front page. And there is also difference between also-touched it or made an spectacle out of it. ROP are everywhere obvioudly they will figure out.. But sample ur thinking here. Sanuju Baba gets convicted.. Ur anguish reasons since dawood is still at large so sanju baba deserves clean-chit. People believe in fairy-tales if that's what u have chosen as yardstick more power to you.. but let us look whether u are consistent with that doctum of yours or not. Let us come to Bachah nsaheb's civil court case by all accounts politically motivated.. even here your dicutm demanded since millions of non-farmers hold farming land so Bachchan sud not be hounded.. but no here ur words were : I have lost respect for bachchan saheb for indulging in this kind of crime." Mind you in this case we just have court case politically motivated or otherwise not conviction yet but that's good enoughy for you..:hysterical: Come on believ ein whatever u want ( as I said tooth fairy is still in currency) but at least be consistent.... PS: SSP's words has as much value in court of alw as somebody else's .. i am not succumbing to the theory that since SSP said hence it must be right.. U do understand the dichotomy here that the said SSP is part of the police force under hammer isn't he.. so he theoretically is as fallible as the accused police officer.. So let us abstain from passing judgement on basis of he-said/she-said; till court actually hears the case.......

Credibility is very loaded subjective word, point here is visibility.. Do useriopously think large mass has grey-cells to think in terms of credibility. Still anything on printed paer or TV does attrcts people's attention. Good at least u bought there is unbalance rporting.. BTW even in print media there is diffrence between donning fifth page and front page. And there is also difference between also-touched it or made an spectacle out of it.
Really not sure what you are trying to say here.
ROP are everywhere obvioudly they will figure out..
To you, obviously. Ever wondered why it does not figure so prominently for most of the other posters? Wait must be all psecs...
But sample ur thinking here. Sanuju Baba gets convicted.. Ur anguish reasons since dawood is still at large so sanju baba deserves clean-chit. People believe in fairy-tales if that's what u have chosen as yardstick more power to you.. but let us look whether u are consistent with that doctum of yours or not. Let us come to Bachah nsaheb's civil court case by all accounts politically motivated.. even here your dicutm demanded since millions of non-farmers hold farming land so Bachchan sud not be hounded.. but no here ur words were : I have lost respect for bachchan saheb for indulging in this kind of crime." Mind you in this case we just have court case politically motivated or otherwise not conviction yet but that's good enoughy for you..:hysterical:
Errrr you started hallucinating again? What has any of your cr@polla to do with subject at hand. Bade biyaan hosh ki dawa kar lo bhai...lagta hai sathiya gaye ho miyaan! Aise bhi yesterday you were saying(abt the strip bar) le kagta hai kabr mein jaakar hi something something..Kahin chup chup ke kalima ya shahadah to nahin parh liya!!
PS: SSP's words has as much value in court of alw as somebody else's .. i am not succumbing to the theory that since SSP said hence it must be right.. U do understand the dichotomy here that the said SSP is part of the police force under hammer isn't he.. so he theoretically is as fallible as the accused police officer.. So let us abstain from passing judgement on basis of he-said/she-said; till court actually hears the case.......
Arre ekdam hi baawla ho gaya hai kya? :hysterical::hysterical: Here you have SSP admitting it looked like a fake encounter and hence a proper investigation would be ordered. Now sit tight and wait for the result. Why do you have to pass the judgement on SSP, court system or what kind of naada in your Pajama do you keep? Aur paper parha karo kuch na kuch bakte rehta hai..:haha: xxx

Guest dada_rocks

It figure for most of the poster sans few psec/apolgist/rop-lover.. search option is right there just clear ur doubts, it's one click away Aur han ama yaar tum atak jate ho CD ki tarah.. SSP rahe ya DGP rahe it hardly matters their word remain words of a police officer from the supposedly corrupt police system. isn;t it the point beinfg turspetd here somehow police officer do nto play by the book. Just because it gells with ur stand he doesn't get the award of Harishchandra.. i am not saying he is lying . I am saying his words mean jilch, If banzara as DIG could lie so could this SSP. I have seen the video and it's crystal clear there to me that this clown was firing just seconds ago had already killed a policeman ( never heard policeman getting killed in fake encounter btw, it has to be one really incompetent police force if they managed it :-)) hence in my book he deserves to be treated as deadly and whatever happened he deserved it. Obviously u don't agree and harp on legality in that case the decent thing to do is wait for the court ruling and not put forward words of some other officer of the same police force as some kind of holy grail. My point is not what I belive u know my stand even if it happens to be fake encounter I am not going to castigate them my point is why this jumping of the gun without any trial ......