Game of Thrones (TV Spoilers allowed, Book spoilers not allowed)

Rajiv

watched it :two_thumbs_up: looks good but i dont if i'll be able to wait between episodes as I watched first 3 seasons at once' date=' watched all of bb, the wire and prison break at once as well so not used to waiting games[/quote'] I also do the same. I prefer to watch the whole season in one go (or if possible, all the seasons in one go).

^I agree but it just means you cant get involved when everyone is talking about it, AND have to be careful to avoid spoilers. I read about the ending in S1 ages ago no idea what it meant but when it happened it was not the shock it should have beemn

^ rule of thumb with GoT, dont get attached to characters...... I learnt that the hard way with book 1 and ned stark How apt he was played by Sean Bean in the series. I think most people who did not read the books would have come to a conclusion of death simply based on that.

What the hell' date=' don't give spoilers away I have just started book 1. Didn't start watching the series intentionaly[/quote'] :phehehe: BTW beware before starting the books - 5 out of 7 have been written till now and once you have completed all 5 (like I have), it will be a torturous wait for the remaining 2 because they aren't coming anytime soon.

What the hell' date=' don't give spoilers away I have just started book 1. Didn't start watching the series intentionaly[/quote'] ffs m2c LOL dont visit this thread then!!!!! its going to be hard not to discuss what happened in the TV series. but still i am sorry i shall be mindful in the future lol

:phehehe: BTW beware before starting the books - 5 out of 7 have been written till now and once you have completed all 5 (like I have), it will be a torturous wait for the remaining 2 because they aren't coming anytime soon.
i feel there will be more than 2 books. Its going to be hard to wrap up so many lose ends.

i feel there will be more than 2 books. Its going to be hard to wrap up so many lose ends.
I don't think so. He has said that he has very clear ideas about how the ending is going to shape up. For the 6th book he already has a manuscript of over 1000 pages. Also, now there is additional pressure to complete the series as soon as possible because of the TV show so I don't think he will drag it on for another book after 7.

I don't think so. He has said that he has very clear ideas about how the ending is going to shape up. For the 6th book he already has a manuscript of over 1000 pages. Also' date=' now there is additional pressure to complete the series as soon as possible because of the TV show so I don't think he will drag it on for another book after 7.[/quote'] he has done that before, book 5 has been split into two parts atleast in the UK, so technically there are 6 paperback books

he has done that before' date=' book 5 has been split into two parts atleast in the UK, so technically there are 6 paperback books[/quote'] The TV show will be a major factor now - he can write a looong 7th book which can then be made into 2 seasons in the show (IIRC they are going to do this for the 4th book).

As of now HBO have planned 8 seasons. I dont think they will have issues in making that 10. They had to split 4 into two season due to some labour issues with Croatia where they film due to more locations needed to film the Essos scenes. I doubt you can write a long book beyond a point. Standard hardback especially if you are 1000 plus pages , your pushing the limit.