Dale Steyn declares England as phoney No 1 Test side

No England fan I know has compared them to the great WI and Australia teams of the past. South Africa look good on paper, but i think they're a a very flimsy side. There batting order is prone to collapses.
nah i actually rate there batting better then english batting ..they play much better on sub continent conditions also many of there guys are bit underrated we will see how they do in english conditionsu guys def are not gonna give them bowling friendly tracks im sure about that :cantstop:
nah i actually rate there batting better then english batting ..they play much better on sub continent conditions also many of there guys are bit underrated we will see how they do in english conditionsu guys def are not gonna give them bowling friendly tracks im sure about that :cantstop:
I hope we prepared dust bowls tbh. SA are terrible players of spin. I remember Harby and Herath causing them all sorts of problems in their own backyard. At least we dominate Spin in our backyard (Ajmal is the only spinner to average under 30 in England recently, bar Swann of course)
And we have won more test series than anyone else, that is why we're number 1. I don't know how I can make that any simpler. Why should we have to win in Asia anyway? We're winning more test series than anyone else. No one is claiming England are as good as WI or Aus were. You sir, are an idiot.
If i may add 2 series wins against bangladesh.England have won in australia ,drew in southafrica,won in nz .You may be new but englsih fans on this forum have been saying india did not deserve to ranked no 1 as they had not won in aus,sa,eng and many commentators also have said it when india was whitewashed in eng .Regarding comparing to great sides your media has doen it already and i am sure if you are around till england tour india we will see .btw my username is same on cw.:--D
I hope we prepared dust bowls tbh. SA are terrible players of spin. I remember Harby and Herath causing them all sorts of problems in their own backyard. At least we dominate Spin in our backyard (Ajmal is the only spinner to average under 30 in England recently' date=' bar Swann of course)[/quote'] that's because your pitches don't assist spinners. Bhajji and Herath just took their tail in a collapse. Kallis and Amla play spin a lot better than your best player of spin Ian Bell. ABDV and Boucher are poor but I think they are still better than England batsmen.
that's because your pitches don't assist spinners. Bhajji and Herath just took their tail in a collapse. Kallis and Amla play spin a lot better than your best player of spin Ian Bell. ABDV and Boucher are poor but I think they are still better than England batsmen.
true.

Forget English media Cricinfo did it. http://www.espncricinfo.com/greatestteams/content/story/538999.html CW is not a forum . It is a propaganda machine. On this forum,you can criticize Indian team and players as much as possible, mods won't ban you unless there is a personal abuse Whereas on CW , write an article criticizing Ponting, Lillee you will get automatic ban. And reason will be you were multi of precam. It is so predictable.

Forget English media Cricinfo did it. http://www.espncricinfo.com/greatestteams/content/story/538999.html CW is not a forum . It is a propaganda machine. On this forum,you can criticize Indian team and players as much as possible, mods won't ban you unless there is a personal abuse Whereas on CW , write an article criticizing Ponting, Lillee you will get automatic ban. And reason will be you were multi of precam. It is so predictable.
there are also many good posters there ,Still when we were winning i liked to dig it in as we had many aussie and eng supp.
there are also many good posters there ' date='Still when we were winning i liked to dig it in as we had many aussie and eng supp.[/quote'] Good poster means like of Silent striker who considers Gavaskar as over rated and Ponting to be as good as him. I can't remember any good poster on CW.
If i may add 2 series wins against bangladesh.England have won in australia ' date='drew in southafrica,won in nz .You may be new but englsih fans on this forum have been saying india did not deserve to ranked no 1 as they had not won in aus,sa,eng and many commentators also have said it when india was whitewashed in eng .Regarding comparing to great sides your media has doen it already and i am sure if you are around till england tour india we will see .btw my username is same on cw.:--D[/quote'] Nah, India did derserve to be number 1 at the time. Even though I didn't think they were the best side in the world at that time, they deserved to be number 1. English pitches assist spin a lot more than people give them credit for. That's why Swann averages 27 there or whatever. I wouldn't call Bell England's best player of spin either. He would be about 4th for me.
Nah, India did derserve to be number 1 at the time. Even though I didn't think they were the best side in the world at that time, they deserved to be number 1. English pitches assist spin a lot more than people give them credit for. That's why Swann averages 27 there or whatever. I wouldn't call Bell England's best player of spin either. He would be about 4th for me.
who is the best? and say wht ever u want south africa even against ajmal did fine ...did well in india even when kumble was around they are much better players of spin and if u really think english batting line up is good against spin and no need to discuss further
Nah, India did derserve to be number 1 at the time. Even though I didn't think they were the best side in the world at that time, they deserved to be number 1.
So India weren't best side despite having best W/L ratio for 5 years prior to Eng tour. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=win_loss_ratio;spanmax1=15+jul+2011;spanmin1=15+jul+2006;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team What does this even that mean ?
who is the best? and say wht ever u want south africa even against ajmal did fine ...did well in india even when kumble was around they are much better players of spin and if u really think english batting line up is good against spin and no need to discuss further
Yet Swann ate them for breakfast in SA. I don't rate England as players of spin, but since we have the better spinner, I'd rather we prepared dust bowls than green tops.
Yet Swann ate them for breakfast in SA. I don't rate England as players of spin, but since we have the better spinner, I'd rather we prepared dust bowls than green tops.
that is totally diff thing...well anyway even after him eating them up tht series was draw right ? and same batting line up did quite well against ur bowlers and if im not mistaken steyn was injured in one match and was coming back from injury in match 2 ?

Swann, I don't think relies more on surfaces. Relies more on drift that he gets with duke ball in those conditions. Also his flight is superb. I agree with your point that SA don't have any good spinners and England have Swann and Panesar. But SA batsmen are better against quality spinners than your batsmen.

that is totally diff thing...well anyway even after him eating them up tht series was draw right ? and same batting line up did quite well against ur bowlers and if im not mistaken steyn was injured in one match and was coming back from injury in match 2 ?
And they came from behind to escape with a draw.
Swann, I don't think relies more on surfaces. Relies more on drift that he gets with duke ball in those conditions. Also his flight is superb. I agree with your point that SA don't have any good spinners and England have Swann and Panesar. But SA batsmen are better against quality spinners than your batsmen.
I think the quality gap in the spinners will counter the much smaller gap of who are the better players of spin.
What's CW? Any links?