Materazzi lets the secret out

ludhianvi

Materazzi lets the secret out

Milan, August 18 Italian defender Marco Materazzi has finally revealed the exact line he used to provoke Zinedine Zidane into headbutting him in last year’s World Cup final. “I prefer the whore that is your sister,†he said in a interview with the TV Sorrisi e Canzoni magazine which comes out on Monday, the Italian media reported today. Materazzi had previously said that he had mentioned the French midfielder’s sister in the verbal jousting between the two in the Berlin final, but had never given the exact words. Zidane, who retired after the final, was sent off for the headbutt and Italy subsequently won on penalties. — Reuters

Woah.. Shouldnt Materazzi be sent off too , in that match ? If Zidane deserved a red card for his head-butt , so did the Italian defender for provoking him to that extent. Some of the current rules used in sports dont make ANY sense.

well mm offcourse no one knew by then that matterzi had cursed i guess hence only zidane had to face the punishment.. sucks that seriously..
Surely sucks doesnt it ? You have two players who are as guilty as each other , yet one is red-carded, while the other is let go scot-free. And what kind of player is that Italian if uses such filth on the football pitch ? The whole of Italy must be ashamed of him. Their entire world-cup triumph now stands tarnished.

Woah.. Shouldnt Materazzi be sent off too , in that match ? If Zidane deserved a red card for his head-butt , so did the Italian defender for provoking him to that extent. Some of the current rules used in sports dont make ANY sense.
How the hell was the ref supposed to know what Materazzi said when he was standing several yards away ?

I am not blaming the refree. I am blaming the system' date=' which allows the real criminals to get away.[/quote'] LMFAO. So swearing at another player should be a punishable offence ? You have got to be sh*tting me. If that was the case, hundreds of footballers would be suspended every week...:haha:

LMFAO. So swearing at another player should be a punishable offence ? You have got to be sh*tting me. If that was the case' date=' hundreds of footballers would be suspended every week...:haha:[/quote'] If that is the case , so be it. In my opinion , any action that provokes a violent reaction is as culpable as the violent reaction itself. Just because swearing is common occurrence , doesnt mean it is right. I am not saying Zidane is innocent. He deserves to be punished, but so does Matterazzi. And what the heck was Zidane supposed to do when Matterazzi tells him - " I prefer the whore that is your sister" ? Shake his hands and kiss him on the cheeks ? At the least, there should be a after match investigation and Matterazzi should have been suspended for 3 games atleast.

And what the heck was Zidane supposed to do when Matterazzi tells him - " I prefer the whore that is your sister" ? Shake his hands and kiss him on the cheeks ?.
:haha: Altercations like that are common and happen every week Football isn't a game played by p*ssies like cricket is

:haha: Altercations like that are common and happen every week Football isn't a game played by p*ssies like cricket is
Please throw away some of your stupid prototypes and come to the real world. Chief among all -- Brave and courageous men are those who swear , who get into fights easily and clench their fists for every fckin stupid reason. All the others are poosies. Did Gandhi do all this ? Yet , his courage was what liberated millions of people. Dont want to seem as though i am offering free, unsolicited advice, but please do re-think the way you look at "courageous" men. Courage also comes from dignity and mutual respect for others. You are free to completely ignore the last part of my post.

Zidane was in the wrong period. Mattress is a dirty player but swearing on the pitch is VERY common. Giving Mattress a card for swearing would have been ludicrous. If you are going to get physical with someone just for verbal abuse than you have a temper problem. If someone called my sister a whore then I would just laugh it off. If someone touches her then that is a different story. Zidane acted like dic.k in front of the whole world on camera.

And what the heck was Zidane supposed to do when Matterazzi tells him - " I prefer the whore that is your sister" ? Shake his hands and kiss him on the cheeks ?
Swear back, ignore the comment or score a f@king goal! Zidane is a di.ck for what he did.

Swear back' date=' ignore the comment or score a f@king goal! Zidane is a di.ck for what he did.[/quote'] He came very close to scoring with a header just moments before the incident. The frustration was beginning to get to him as the match drifted towards penalties and that is why he reacted that way when Materazzi swore at him

He came very close to scoring with a header just moments before the incident. The frustration was beginning to get to him as the match drifted towards penalties and that is why he reacted that way when Materazzi swore at him
Abhe maine bhi match dekha tha yaar :rose: The way Z reacted was how a teenager would react. In the end Mattress lifted the cup and Z ate grass :finger: As far as I am concerned I can't stand both teams so bhade me gaye donun :haha: