WTF is wrong with Indian people ?

CC1981

Guest dada_rocks
Our religion and culture are also to be blamed for this malice. I guess we are not much better than these backward thinking folks in Islamic countries.So ' date=' Hindutva folks in this message board should quit their chest thumping about how great our religion and culture is compared to Islamic countries. I guess we are marginally better considering the fact that 70% India is rural where this kind of sh.it is rampant.And I may add this is not meant to be a personal insult to anybody and my apologizes in advance.[/quote'] U won't find even a single hindutavwadi even indirectly proffering apologies for this sickness, that's where the difference lies........... And fact remains no scriputre anywhere says kill female foetus..... And btw u are mistaken it's urban India among educated middle-class where it's rampant ; from rural India not many can afford an ultrasound..

U won't find even a single hindutavwadi even indirectly proffering apologies for this sickness, that's where the difference lies........... And fact remains no scriputre anywhere says kill female foetus..... And btw u are mistaken it's urban India among educated middle-class where it's rampant ; from rural India not many can afford an ultrasound..
You yourself have said many times over that Hinduism is more of a philosophy and not religion that governs our way of life. Surely , it should hold some responsibility for our culture and it's shortcomings. Their are many things like women cannot be priests , cannot light pyre , Pati is Parameshwar BS which are ingrained in our culture . Why can't wife be the Parameshwar or a Priest or a light pyre etc I can't go on and on but don't have the time today. Also, I am not talking about just the female infanticide , the lack of women's rights in rural India is worrying to say the least. Hence my comment we are marginally better than Islamic countries.

Guest dada_rocks

That's not scriptural stuff.. most probably canard spread by manu-smriti.. India's top saint Mata Amritamayi happens to be woman.. pati parmeshwar and stri durga every kind of things are in vogue....... Women still parade around semi-clad in rural india.....for instane in bihar 50% panchayat positons are filled with womne candidates.. Mind u no religious organziation will block your way if u give more power to woman I need not mention what u will have to face from religious wing in islam if u tried anything like that .. to equatethese two is well an attempt at eyewash...

\pati parmeshwar and stri durga every kind of things are in vogue....... Women still parade around semi-clad in rural india.....for instane in bihar 50% panchayat positons are filled with womne candidates.. Mind u no religious organziation will block your way if u give more power to woman I need not mention what u will have to face from religious wing in islam if u tried anything like that .. to equatethese two is well an attempt at eyewash...
And yet when it comes to religious fasting it is only the women who are supposed to do it. Times have obviously changed but in my memory an average Hindu young girl would fast to please Lord Shankar(to get a good hubby), almost every single one of them avoided meat during Saawan ka mahina, after marriage would keep a fast for their husband, then later on for kids and finally the entire family. Coming from Bihar I have seen my Mother do everything from Santoshi Mata ka vrata to Teej(Karwa Chauth), Jitiya(one kept for kids), Janmashtmi, Chath you name it. My Dad obviously never did any of that. What is even worse is that the moment a Hindu man would do fasting people around him will look at him as Super Religious respectful fellow. For women it was a norm, for guys it made him stand out. Reminds me of that wonderful line from greatest Hindi/Urdu afsaana-nigaar(story teller) - When a man embibes the behaviour of a woman he becomes a saint, when a woman embibes the behaviour of a man she becomes a slut. Touche! xxxx

Guest dada_rocks

Lurker scripture had provision for both even males can do pooja for good wife, it;s another matter that they don't.. .. tum logon ko mantra chahiye to bolo.. oke here it is th couplet though which pooja could be offered to goddess durga for good patni.. "Patnim manorama dehi mano-vrittanusarinim Tarinim durg sansar sagarasya kulodbhawam." Ise 108 bar roj parho u are set:cantstop:

Lurker scripture had provision for both even males can do pooja for good wife, it;s another matter that they don't.. .. tum logon ko mantra chahiye to bolo.. oke here it is th couplet though which pooja could be offered to goddess durga for good patni.. "Patnim manorama dehi mano-vrittanusarinim Tarinim durg sansar sagarasya kulodbhawam." Ise 108 bar roj parho u are set:cantstop:
Arre kahe ke liye shaap de rahe ho bhai...patni ke liye Puja...na ji thankooo :D Waise my point was that Hindu males do not do pooja/fast. Definitely not on the same level as women do. Aise to Navratri ke time mein I have seen men who lie on the ground and grow some plants out of sand,soil covering their body. You know what I am talking about?? xx

This obsession with fair skin is really ridiculous. Coming from the Southern India , where people are not sometimes as "fair" as people from the north , I have seen this phenomenon a lot. Particularly stupid was how the boys from the south would go after north Indian girls coz they were fairer and hence looked " better" .

Particularly stupid was how the boys from the south would go after north Indian girls coz they were fairer and hence looked " better" .
Nooo :sad_smile: Waise I must assure you that I never had a problem chasing a South Indian girl, complexion or not. Reminds me of that anecdote(cant remember who was the person behind it, pretty popular one though). This chap had a thing for South Indian ladies, specially women with large ahmmm...His reasoning was, "It must be due to the idlis they eat...goes right to the...." :scooter::scooter:

Nooo :sad_smile: Reminds me of that anecdote(cant remember who was the person behind it, pretty popular one though). This chap had a thing for South Indian ladies, specially women with large ahmmm...His reasoning was, "It must be due to the idlis they eat...goes right to the...." :scooter::scooter:
:haha::haha:. That was wicked Lurks. I can assure you Lurks , that during my school and college times, the north Indian girls were in HOT demand. In fact , there have been many movies made in Tamil , where the Hero goes to Hindi classes so that he can speak with the northie girl in that locality.

Most of the tamil/Telugu/Kannada movie heroines are North Indians' date=' esp Punjabis. I guess they all prefer it "fair" and "big".[/quote'] Absolutely. I cant remember when was the last time the leading heroine in Tamil Cinema was a Tamilian. And i am not talking about some 2-3 years. This has been the trend for nearly a decade now. Khushboo , Simran are some names that dominated Tamil Cinema for many years.

Most of the tamil/Telugu/Kannada movie heroines are North Indians' date=' esp Punjabis. I guess they all prefer it "fair" and "big".[/quote'] Oddly enough the biggest names in Bollywood have been South Indians. Names like Rekha, Sri Devi, Hema etc. And of course if you go further back you had Vyjyantimala, Waheeda Rehman etc etc. Most of these were hardly the fairest one, specially Rekha and Waheeda Rehman. xxx

One has to realize that Indian culture is over 10,000 years old and it has had its many ups and downs. However, quoting from the Gita or pointing towards Khajuraho etc. are rather irrelevant today, since it is a classic case of 'that was then- this is NOW'. TODAY, Indian people, in general, are chauvinists and consider men > women. Derogatory comments about women are a part of our language and attitude. In Indian culture, women are potrayed as weak, cowardly and fit for the kitchen only. Sentences such as 'agar mardh ho to samne aah', ' tum admi ho ya auraton ki tarah chooriyaan pahni hui haye' are rather shameful and demeaning of women, really. And the ironic thing is, in today's world, women are literally the more credible and significant gender in terms of speciation.

Derogatory comments about women are a part of our language and attitude. In Indian culture, women are potrayed as weak, cowardly and fit for the kitchen only. Sentences such as 'agar mardh ho to samne aah', ' tum admi ho ya auraton ki tarah chooriyaan pahni hui haye' are rather shameful and demeaning of women, really.
I would disagree with that CC. It is not only an Indian thingy but very much a worldly phenomenon. Look at this way. Even in today's modern world a person is designated to be strong if he/she has the ball$. A man who is to be derogated as a weakling is christened a p*$$y. So its not really an Indian thing only. xx

I would disagree with that CC. It is not only an Indian thingy but very much a worldly phenomenon. Look at this way. Even in today's modern world a person is designated to be strong if he/she has the ball$. A man who is to be derogated as a weakling is christened a p*$$y. So its not really an Indian thing only. xx
Lurks is VERY good at picking out these symbolisms. I was particularly interested when he pointed out that Ladies are said to be more sexier if they were male clothes and how that one doesnt apply men wearing female apparel.

It is not only an Indian thingy but very much a worldly phenomenon.
It is. But having travelled the world significantly, i can say that we are right behind the arabs and east europeans in the 'chauvinist attitude' towards women- in the west, its less pronounced, in mediterranean Europe, it is almost negligible and in Africa, it is often the other way round.