left duplicity and its brazen pro-china stand

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

'China's Interest Is Our Interest' I don't share Manmohan Singh's enthusiasm for George Bush, or the Indo-US nuke-deal. I feel we should not create misgivings in the Muslim community by overlooking their sensitivities. But don't let the Left dictate foreign policy in a direction favourable to China. twoarrows.jpgtwoarrows.jpg space.gifspace.gifB. Ramanspace.gif| e-mail | one page format | feedback: send - read | The current opposition of the leftist parties--particularly, the Communist Party of India (Marxist)--to the agreement (the so-called 123 agreement) with the US on civil nuclear co-operation and to India's developing strategic relations with the US takes one mind back to the days before the visit of President Hu jintao of China to India in November last year. A Chinese company had won a contract for the construction of a gas pipeline from the Godavari area in Andhra Pradesh. It wanted to bring about 1,000 Chinese engineers to work in the project. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Intelligence Bureau of the government of India were not clearing the issue of visas to the Chinese engineers. They asked a number of inconvenient questions as to why it was necessary for the Chinese company to bring in so many of their engineers when unemployed Indian engineers were available. There was also a paper prepared by the National Security Council Secretariat of the Prime Minister's Office suggesting that proposals for foreign investments in sensitive sectors such as telecommunication services from China, Pakistan and Bangladesh should be subjected to a special security vetting. Shri Sitaram Yechury of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), allegedly at the instance of the Chinese Embassy in New Delhi, raised a big hue and cry about it and literally forced the government of India to order the issue of visas to the Chinese engineers and to drop the proposal for a special security vetting for Chinese investment proposals in sensitive sectors. After the visit of Mr Hu was over, the Times Now news channel had invited me to participate in a discussion on the visit. Shri Arnab Goswami of the Channel anchored the discussions. Shri D. Raja, the member of the Rajya Sabha from the CPI, participated in the discussions from Delhi. I told Shri Raja: "It is surprising that you pressured the government to issue visas to 1000 Chinese engineers. You were not bothered about Indian engineers not getting these jobs. If a US company had wanted to bring 1000 American engineers, would you have urged the government to issue visas to them?" Shri Raja told me: " Mr Raman, you are an eminent person. You should not mislead people by raising such scenarios". For the last two months, the Chinese authorities have been expressing their concern over reports that India has joined hands with the US, Japan and Australia to counter the growing Chinese naval power in the region and that the forthcoming naval exercise in the Bay of Bengal involving the navies of these countries plus Singapore is the beginning of this project to counter the Chinese naval power and presence in the Bay of Bengal/ Indian Ocean region. It is not without significance that the vigorous campaign of the leftist parties--particularly of the CPI (Marxist)-- against the recently concluded Indo-US agreement on civil nuclear co-operation and against the growing strategic interactions between India and US in particular has coincided with the beginning of the Chinese campaign against the so-called quadrilateral strategic interaction involving India, Japan, the US and Australia and the naval exercise with the additional involvement of the Singapore Navy. The Left's campaign against India's relations with the US reflects more China's concerns and interests than those of India. I have never been excited over the Indo-US agreement on civil nuclear co-operation. Nor do I share the Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh's enthusiasm for US President, Mr George Bush, and the Indo-US agreement. I am inclined to feel that what we are seeing now is a one-night stand between Dr.Manmohan Singh and Mr Bush. Like most one-night stands, the happy thoughts thereafter will become an embarrassment in course of time. I also feel--as I have stated on many occasions in the past-- that we should go slow on the development of our strategic relations with the US, keeping in view the fact that we live right in the midst of the Islamic world, and that about 45 per cent of the world's Muslim population live in the South Asian region. Ours is still a fragile society and we should not create misgivings in the Muslim community by overlooking their sensitivities on this subject. Having said that, I also feel that we should not let the Left dictate our foreign policy and push it in a direction favourable to China. I find it difficult to discount the suspicion that the leftists have mounted their present campaign to promote Chinese and not Indian interests. After joining the IB in 1967, I went on a visit to Kolkata. Those were the days of the Cultural Revolution in China. The Marxists were not yet in power in West Bengal, but were very active. As I was travelling in a taxi from the Dum Dum airport to downtown, I saw the following slogan painted by the Marxists on the walls everywhere: "China's Chairman is our Chairman." The present day Indian Marxists don't say this, but they do believe that "China's Interest is Our Interest." It is this belief, which is behind their present campaign against the government of India. Their hidden motive should be exposed.

Guest dada_rocks

See the part in red I am not so sure in any other state people who shout this could come in power and then remain in power for so long

i some how feel that china is funding all the commies..saale desh drohi... i will never vote for commies and will influence as many members as i can.. i have now started to realise that a strong hindu ideology party is a must for india's secular image.. BJP is diluted in its stands..and RSS needs to clean BJP... because of the minority appeasements..we have started to suffer a lot now... a chief minister goes to receive a person..who was charged with terrorism and whose family members had links with terrorists...and the son of the soil returns as martyr..nobody is there to pay respect and homage.. its time now...to be tough.... and expose the traitors... and only media can help...

Guest dada_rocks

Word on the street is Mani shankay Aiyar those days in left camp used to raise fund for china during 62 war.. Frankly this prima dona of self-loather is capable of anything .... Now on nuclear deal I am tempted to go along Manmohan Singh, snag in the deal aside.. because if leftists are opposing it so vehemently then it has to be in india's interest:haha:

Guest dada_rocks

BJP will support them provided snags are addressed.. se hyde pact has elaborate words for dealing with eventuality of when and if india tests nuclear device.. congress is being naive and saying it's nothing despite the fact we have suffered in past in case of tarapur ..

BJP will support them provided snags are addressed.. se hyde pact has elaborate words for dealing with eventuality of when and if india tests nuclear device.. congress is being naive and saying it's nothing despite the fact we have suffered in past in case of tarapur ..
You right.The communist will lead india to China.

But Indian commies have demonstrated time and again that they are more than traitors. Read India-China 1962 war and position of Indian commies....Any patriotic Indian and coming generation of Indians should never forgive Indian commies for their support to Chincommies. CPI (M) are Chinese representatives in India and they must be treated as traitors.

Guest dada_rocks
But Indian commies have demonstrated time and again that they are more than traitors. Read India-China 1962 war and position of Indian commies....Any patriotic Indian and coming generation of Indians should never forgive Indian commies for their support to Chincommies. CPI (M) are Chinese representatives in India and they must be treated as traitors.
That's why West bengal psyche drives me into dizzy.. what the fcuk are they doing..

See the part in red I am not so sure in any other state people who shout this could come in power and then remain in power for so long
a. This is a willful obfuscation of facts : the slogans were written by Maoists and not CPIM/CPI type Stalinist parties. b. The objective of the Maoists was not to hand over the nation on a platter to China/foreign rule as is suggested above and everywhere else, but a display of admiration for the Great Helmsman! Just as advertisers of EPL in India carry pictures of Drogba/ Gerrard/ Beckham etc to arouse the interest of the fans. Or various mass murderers who also happened to be the leader of their respective nations have been feted by the govt. of India during official visits and Independence / Republic Day march pasts!

Guest dada_rocks

Point is not about principle simple fact that couple of years ago china had attacked india and yet slogans like than can be somehow explained.. doesn't sound good to me from whatever angle u look at.. many alibis can be put forward but how does the general illiterate janta reconciles with this kind of slogan.... Yes when slogan came there was no difference between maoist or communist.. in fact in CPI(M) M stands for maoist.. hardcore naxalites have fallen out of favour of cpi(m) in recent times ..

Point is not about principle simple fact that couple of years ago china had attacked india and yet slogans like than can be somehow explained.. doesn't sound good to me from whatever angle u look at.. many alibis can be put forward but how does the general illiterate janta reconciles with this kind of slogan....
its not about alibis but about hard facts. lets not forget the role played by Nehru in the whole issue, and the fact that in the last years of his rule [and subsequent Congress sarkars] the CPI supported Congress at the centre and made it possible for them to form govt.
Yes when slogan came there was no difference between maoist or communist.. in fact in CPI(M) M stands for maoist.. hardcore naxalites have fallen out of favour of cpi(m) in recent times ..
and the night is day, horses lay eggs... ... ...