India's hope- SRK

coffee_rules

Ran into a drunk Sunjay Dutt & Anil Kapoor at Sahar a few yrs ago....pretty funny!! :haha:
..i must have ran into him couple of times, and yet to see him sober Add to that: Kumar Gaurav, he is always falling P.S Just saw sanju baba coming out of jail on TV, almost bald, with white beard

I had rani mukherjee sitting next to me at yoko sizzlers and I had no idea who she was until my friend told me...dark skin and total girl next door w/o make up
Same thing happened to me....was at a practice session for those stage shows in Bombay that go to US & UK and Rani was there and I didn't even know it was her until my dad pointed her out...so dark, ordinary looking and chubby. Aishwarya Rai was also there sans makeup. Oh and another time....couple years back was having dinner with friends at Papa Panjo's Dhaba and Dino Morea was sitting at the table next to us and I had no idea...I stupidly turned to my friend when we were done eating and told her the guy sitting next to us looks like he's related to Dino Morea...she smacked me lol

Sunjay was a patient of my dad's right after he was released the first time he was in jail' date=' so the only times I met him before the airport was at my house and obviously he was totally sober, very [b']friendly and sweet.
...as a person, he is very nice and caring. A street side drunk went upto him and kinda saluted him..he started speaking to him as if they were best pals.

Oh c'mon...such silly comments. I think Malik is cute... Does that make me any less patriotic?haan???
But why spend 98% of the time talking about how wonderful pak crciket is and 2% of the time talking about india cricket. His face was glowing when talking about pak and barely broke a smile when talking about indian team. The whole point of the interview was cos indian team was in uk. He would not be the first indian muslim to support the pakistan team over india. This has made me very suspicious of SRK ever since!

After reading those SRK haters, I was hoping to see Rads....jumping on this thread and :boxing::secruity::viking: But no.. koi jaake usse jagao bhai...I dun care of the actiing part, when I see Gambo's avatar... He is my #1 too... But as a human, SRK is better person than AB.. At least you can sense that. Chill guys.. stop the abuse... you guys can do better job than this... ..
Dial jee ...ab mein kis kis ko bachaon...Dravid ko bachate bachte sara dum nikal gaya....:D

But why spend 98% of the time talking about how wonderful pak crciket is and 2% of the time talking about india cricket. His face was glowing when talking about pak and barely broke a smile when talking about indian team. The whole point of the interview was cos indian team was in uk. He would not be the first indian muslim to support the pakistan team over india. This has made me very suspicious of SRK ever since!
You hear him once and use it totally out of context....but don't pay attention to the rest of the time when he is supporting the Indian team.He was one of the few people who stood by the team even after the WC performance.He has stood by not just Indian cricket but also other sports. It's a shame that people doubt someone only because of his religion or because he liked the pak team on some programme. Did he say he supported Pak team over the Indian team.....? He he say he would like the Indian team defeated by the Pak team.How can you label a person unpatriotic based on his appreciation for some team ?He is as patriotic if not more than any other person.

You hear him once and use it totally out of context....but don't pay attention to the rest of the time when he is supporting the Indian team.He was one of the few people who stood by the team even after the WC performance.He has stood by not just Indian cricket but also other sports. It's a shame that people doubt someone only because of his religion or because he liked the pak team on some programme. Did he say he supported Pak team over the Indian team.....? He he say he would like the Indian team defeated by the Pak team.How can you label a person unpatriotic based on his appreciation for some team ?He is as patriotic if not more than any other person.
You may well be right. However his overt support for the indian team may well be a business move. However, in an interview with foreign uk channel he sings a differnrt tune talking about pak team! Just a bit dodgy if you ask me. However, you may be right and he really is an indian patriot. I hope so anyway

He is dsr... You people don't see these people so often and often make up your mind about them based on whatever article/programmes /news you happen to see. We in India see all kinds and hence have a better idea. It is naive to accept everything said /written about celebrities at face value because most of the time it is what they want people to see....or what the press wants to show. But still , over a period of time you can make up your mind about them ... e.g...Sanjay Dutt...A stupid rich brat who even at this age can't take responsibily for his acts. But you also feel he is not a bad person at heart .. Shahrukh Khan...A man with a big ego ....a fairly Ok actor....great star .......and someone who is on the right side of the law. It is surprising to read accusations of the kind that are in this thread. You won't have too many people agreeing with them in India. About his acting people may have different views...but I doubt anyone questions his loyalties.

Guest dada_rocks
SRK even at the peak pf Kaargil episode when whole bollywood was doing moral boosting refused to be associated wiht this.... kept studied silence .... yes after few years did come up wiht lecture how we sud not be vilifying pakistan.. i say here is my good wishes for shahrukkh khan:finger:.. take it deep u gay a$$

SRK even at the peak pf Kaargil episode when whole bollywood was doing moral boosting refused to be associated wiht this.... kept studied silence .... yes after few years did come up wiht lecture how we sud not be vilifying pakistan..
Okay now let us twist this around. Say you have a Pakistani musician - Ghulam Ali, Mehendi Hasan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan whoever. Now he does not support Pakistan's (mis)adventure in Kargil. Does not utter a word in support. But comes out against Pakistan's hardlining stance against Indian cinema/movies. Be impartial and say would be upset at him(Pakistani artist) as well xx

Guest dada_rocks

A pakistani singer doesn't utter a pip against an indian aggression and then comes around gives lecture to people how india should not vbe vilified will be taken for what it is by pakistanis.. U are misrepresenting one thign here in your analogy; it was pakistani misadventure not indian misadventure.. If he had kept quiet in the event of India starting this kargil drama I wud have been inclined to buy this argument but that was not the case. 100s of soldiers died in a war which they neoither started nor wanted but this deshabhakt was not moved but some aspersion on pakistan on the lilnes of what they actually do whihc is sending jiohadist in india and this deshbhakt khan cud not take it and had to go on lecture drive.. Kind of puts the prirotity in perspective

100s of soldiers died in a war which they neoither started nor wanted but this deshabhakt was not moved but some aspersion on pakistan on the lilnes of what they actually do whihc is sending jiohadist in india and this deshbhakt khan cud not take it and had to go on lecture drive.. Kind of puts the prirotity in perspective
I really do not understand what did SRK would have done anyway. You mentioned some place that entire Bollywood was vocal about Kargil, then by that token many Muslim actor/actresses etc would have been vocal on the issue. I don't see you complimenting them here, do I? I would say you are being fair if you compliment Muslim actor just as you are quick to rebuke them. As for anti-Pakistan movies dished out sure that got out of hand. It was one thing to watch Aamir in Sarfarosh, completely different to see Amitabh in that cr@p Ab Tumhare Hawaale Watan Sathiyon. At one time such movies were churned out by the dozen. Thankfully most of them flopped. xxx

Guest dada_rocks
I really do not understand what did SRK would have done anyway. You mentioned some place that entire Bollywood was vocal about Kargil, then by that token many Muslim actor/actresses etc would have been vocal on the issue. I don't see you complimenting them here, do I? I would say you are being fair if you compliment Muslim actor just as you are quick to rebuke them. As for anti-Pakistan movies dished out sure that got out of hand. It was one thing to watch Aamir in Sarfarosh, completely different to see Amitabh in that cr@p Ab Tumhare Hawaale Watan Sathiyon. At one time such movies were churned out by the dozen. Thankfully most of them flopped. xxx
I have not castigated them and whenvee their name has popped up in discussion they have gotten their fare share of laurels for what they did this shoud be enough ....U are erroneously trying to steer the debate on what I did.. That's not the issue here... rest assured when the topic pops up those who come of deshbhakt get their share of laurels.... Shahrukh khan at worst comes of as pakistan sympathiser in india/pak deabte andat best indifferent towards nationailistc sensitivities and fervour and he will keep getting brickbats for that.....I am sorry to say so far u have not been able to explain away his deeds despite your very sincere effort despite taking alot of liberties.... PS: BTW this constant steering of debate on the poster from theme of post qualifies as ad-hominem..

SRK is not fit to shine AB's boots when it comes to acting. Forget AB' date=' Aamir, Devgan and even Saif are better actors than him. What SRK has is persona and charm. He is extremely articulate(not even close to AB though who has such awesome command over England and Hindi) and personable which is why people like him.[/quote'] ..either you haven't watched many movies and/or a way too big ait fan. I'd rate Kishore higher than any damn Indian actor I know ur a amit fan ( I am too ) but SRK is not bad as you say ( ur comparing eras buddy )..Amitabh of 1970s will look like a joke today Amitabh, he is acting in every other movie now..its like hit and miss Amitabh is like the tendulkar of bollywood

Guest dada_rocks

Amitahb is a genius knows how to reinvent himself to say that he wud have bene misfit had he been the leading male protagonist in today's ers in growss under-estimation of his talent.. and it also is based on a flagrant assumption that amitabh wud have been the same as he was in 70's, he too wud have bene different.. bottomline good acting skill takes u places no matter what... amitabh, naseeruddin, hasan these theree are the contender of ultimate taj I wud amitabh ahead of other two because he never went through any acting coaching class and has better range from commercial toart.......

Guest dada_rocks

Opinion is fine but the assumption whihc u have made in ur post is baseless.. Why do u think Amitabh wud have remain stuck in time-warp of 70's even if he had ventured at later stage... Given he has invented himself all over again in his 60's and even today is one of the leading protagonaists tells some other tale.. PS: Those who thought he was unreasonable to extoll virtues of abhishek's acting in guru please check how he gives thumbs down to the new Umrao Jan