Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

MONEY As soon as dhoni is not captain his brand value will plummet, while new captain like kohli will sky rocket. Dhoni want to make as much money from his brand till he is literally dragged from captaincy. Sad days for indian cricket. Plus srini wants csk brand value not to be effected so wants dhoni to stay as captain Dhoni is shamelss

MONEY As soon as dhoni is not captain his brand value will plummet, while new captain like kohli will sky rocket. Dhoni want to make as much money from his brand till he is literally dragged from captaincy. Sad days for indian cricket. Plus srini wants csk brand value not to be effected so wants dhoni to stay as captain Dhoni is shamelss
Do not worry -What you sow, so shall you reap

They would have sacked Dhoni by now. One thing that stands in his favour is that no ready replacement is available. Gambhir is in very poor form, and Sehwag has lost his magical touch - both of them may loose their spot in the side. Laxman gone, Dravid gone, Tendulkar not an option. That leaves the captaincy slot open only for youngsters like Kohli, Pujara etc. The board needs to boldly elevate Kohli to captaincy, this is a gamble but I don't think Kohli can do worse than Dhoni who keeps loosing left, middle and right. Test captaincy is a bit tricky - Kohli does not have an enviable test record at this time. Dhoni has saved his leadership only because there aren't too many viable alternatives - not because he is captaincy material now.

So a different captain is all what we need and we will be at the top in all 3 formats? :cantstop:
Not talking about all 3. We'll remain crap in T20s. With a smart captain, we'll surely do better than the way we're doing now. At least Rhiti Sports ke idiots will not get a free ticket in the team. And hopefully the new captain will not be such a disinterested, defensive, rudderless captain. Hopefully he'll win some tosses as well.
Not talking about all 3. We'll remain crap in T20s. With a smart captain, we'll surely do better than the way we're doing now. At least Rhiti Sports ke idiots will not get a free ticket in the team. And hopefully the new captain will not be such a disinterested, defensive, rudderless captain. Hopefully he'll win some tosses as well.
Do you want Dhoni to be sacked in ODIs as well?
Do you want Dhoni to be sacked in ODIs as well?
I think Dhoni is doing okay in ODIs right now (even as captain). But I don't see him being the captain in 2015, and would like a new captain to take over now and get ready. Dhoni however remains the MVP of the ODI team, and hopefully will play a major role in the 2015 WC as a player.
I think Dhoni is doing okay in ODIs right now (even as captain). But I don't see him being the captain in 2015' date= and would like a new captain to take over now and get ready. Dhoni however remains the MVP of the ODI team, and hopefully will play a major role in the 2015 WC as a player.
And why is that?
And why is that?
Because the team needs a new thrust. Dhoni's captaincy is looking jaded, and though he is doing okay now, I think our further Test failures will put more and more pressure on him, and make him a miserable captain by the time we reach 2015. In two and half years (in 2015), Dhoni will be 30 months older with a lot more losses and lesser confidence. That way we might lose Dhoni the player too. Also, if we relieve him of the pressure he'll end up being a much better player in both formats and he'll probably get that much time to work on his game and fitness overall. If you look at both Sachin and Ganguly in the past, they looked much better players after they were relieved from the captaincy role.