Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

I've had enough from you now. When you say Gambhir is better than Dhoni in ODIs' date=' no one can debate on that. One averages 20 against teams other than SL and the other averages over 90 in last 2 years.[/quote'] Lol oops hit a dhoni fan again sorry:hysterical::hysterical: Here are gambir last 2 years stats against teams- v Australia 2011-2012 5 175 92 35.00 0 - - - - 0 0 v Bangladesh 2011-2012 2 50 39 25.00 0 - - - - 0 0 v England 2011-2011 6 264 84* 52.80 0 - - - - 0 0 v Ireland 2011-2011 1 10 10 10.00 0 - - - - 0 0 v Netherlands 2011-2011 1 28 28 28.00 0 - - - - 0 0 v Pakistan 2011-2013 5 61 27 12.20 0 - - - - 1 0 v South Africa 2011-2011 1 69 69 69.00 0 - - - - 0 0 v Sri Lanka 2011-2012 10 638 102 63.80 2 - - - - 3 0 v West Indies 2011-2011 6 136 67 22.66 0 and dhonis- v Australia 2011-2012 5 150 56 37.50 0 - - - - 2 1 v Bangladesh 2011-2012 2 21 21* - 0 - - - - 0 2 v England 2011-2011 11 479 87* 119.75 0 - - - - 6 1 v Ireland 2011-2011 1 34 34 34.00 0 - - - - 3 0 v Netherlands 2011-2011 1 19 19* - 0 - - - - 1 0 v Pakistan 2011-2013 5 232 113* 116.00 1 - - - - 2 2 v South Africa 2011-2011 6 87 38 17.40 0 - - - - 5 3 v Sri Lanka 2011-2012 10 334 91* 66.80 0 - - - - 11 3 v West Indies 2011-2011 1 22 22 22.00 0 - -
The point is not who is better batsman currently its not possible to compare a top order batsman to a lower middle order one. The stats were to point that gambhir had score runs against others too .
true.captain doesnt have to be the best player in the team
The point is not who is better batsman currently its not possible to compare a top order batsman to a lower middle order one. The stats were to point that gambhir had score runs against others too .
And now since you are getting pwned by stats, you start saying its not possible to compare them! I agree captain need not be the best player, but he should at least be scoring enough runs to keep his place in the side which Gambhir isn't doing right now.
I have! But' date=' you need to read the conversation to understand the context.[/quote'] Okay I wnated to know 1.If you think dhoni should be test captain? 2.Is he being selfish by holding on to test captaincy after so many defeats and t20 captaincy after 3 wc loses?
Its not a crime but the likes of innings he played in 2nd odi against pak was for a notout i think. Also i was referring to astronomical average as dhoni bats at no 6 so if he wants to play safe and forget teams needs like 2nd odi he can get notouts easily.
How conveniently you forgot his not out in the 1st ODI or the WC final or in the series vs England where they could not get him out forever!
And now since you are getting pwned by stats, you start saying its not possible to compare them! I agree captain need not be the best player, but he should at least be scoring enough runs to keep his place in the side which Gambhir isn't doing right now.
Pawned by stats? You actualy wrote that gambhir averaged 20 against other teams in last 2 years ?:facepalm: even in your link he averages 27. and now you come up taking out after the wc and talk about this.:facepalm: Also why would u take srilnaka out because we played max against them i think and gambhir scored against them.
Okay. Even if we don't leave SL out, still there is a huge difference between the two. LINK MS averages 88 while Gambhir is managing 38. Thats 50 more runs per innings!
Actually they have scored almost same no of runs in equal no of matches with almost equal no of 50s and 100s.Dhoni bats last so gets less chances on flat tracks i agree but he also gets some notouts unlike gambhir. Point was i cannot compare dhoni and gambhir as there roles are way different as opening batsman and Wk-bt.
Okay I wnated to know 1.If you think dhoni should be test captain? 2.Is he being selfish by holding on to test captaincy after so many defeats and t20 captaincy after 3 wc loses?
Yes he should not be the test captain and should be removed but purely from a cricketing perspective. But, in the same breath, let me mention that I am not a cynic who would always look at events with preconceived notions. This whole story of Rhiti and whatever else that people are trying to sell here is all in the air. Till the time something concrete comes out, and not an emotional outburst of an Amarnath or Srikanth, I would like to assume that everything is happening at a cricketing level.
Yes he should not be the test captain and should be removed but purely from a cricketing perspective. But, in the same breath, let me mention that I am not a cynic who would always look at events with preconceived notions. This whole story of Rhiti and whatever else that people are trying to sell here is all in the air. Till the time something concrete comes out, and not an emotional outburst of an Amarnath or Srikanth, I would like to assume that everything is happening at a cricketing level.
and the Man of match awards and bcci gag on commentators?
You do not believe in csk angle?
I don't. I have said this before as well. I don't believe in rumors. Unless something comes out as facts and not in hushed hushed articles by those "sources"in ToI or Punjab Kesari, I am not going to be sold into these things. From a cricketing perscpetvie, Dhoni the captain is doing poorly and should be removed. Rest other angles don't bother me. I may seem ignorant here but that's how I would like to think always.
I don't. I have said this before as well. I don't believe in rumors. Unless something comes out as facts and not in hushed hushed articles by those "sources"in ToI or Punjab Kesari, I am not going to be sold into these things. From a cricketing perscpetvie, Dhoni the captain is doing poorly and should be removed. Rest other angles don't bother me. I may seem ignorant here but that's how I would like to think always.
Is there no truth in Amarnath's revelations against some higher authority overruling the captaincy change? See the reactions of Srikant/Gavaskar/More etc.. Nobody outrightly denied that,but only said that the timing of the revelation was wrong,selectorial policies are not up for debate..... Anyway, I would say you are naive not to believe Srini not interfering in selections, as that would mean his IPL business profit will take a hit. To each his own..I am out
Is there no truth in Amarnath's revelations against some higher authority overruling the captaincy change? See the reactions of Srikant/Gavaskar/More etc.. Nobody outrightly denied that,but only said that the timing of the revelation was wrong,selectorial policies are not up for debate..... Anyway, I would say you are naive not to believe Srini not interfering in selections, as that would mean his IPL business profit will take a hit. To each his own..I am out
If that's the case, then Gavaskar also questioned the attitude of 2 players in particular. Who were they? Gambhir and Sehwag. So don't you believe in what Gavaskar said there? I have stated that I don't want to have a particular thinking based upon rumors. And if that's the case then do you also feel that the 3rd ODI was fixed just because Paul Nixon said and no one else denied it?