5 Bowlers needed for one dayers.

jukkha

Anyone else agree? It would mean dropping one of the batsman. Therefore one day line up as follows: Ganguly Tendulkar Dravid Yuvraj Kartik Dhoni Powar Khan RP Singh Patel Sreesanth as I really think that Argarker is not up to it at this level :( 5 full time bowlers mean that they are also competing with each other in trying to gain wickets and bowling economically. The bowlers above are all capable of scoring some runs. Yuvraj/tendulkar/ganguly should only be used if any of the main 5 are struggling or going for too many runs.

In one dayers, the opposition will always look to hit out at the part-time bowlers, therefore, this is the only way forward in my opinion. Yes, they may still try to hit out however the full time bowlers should beable to control their bowling and change to the situation much better than the part time bowlers can.

like someone else mentioned, 5 bowlers will make sense only if one of them is an allrounder.... for tht, u pray for PAthan's return or u work on giving more opportunities to Piyush at the top..... tht lad has it in him to be a decent allrounder.....

i think a spinner as an all rounder is a very good idea... as there won't be any injury issues with spinners...at least not as much as with fast bowlers.. this chawla chap is no mug with the bat...and he should concentrate on his bowling first at this time....but keeping in mind that he must not consider himself as a tail ender...and should put a price on his wicket as kumble does all the time..

Anyone else agree? It would mean dropping one of the batsman. Therefore one day line up as follows: Ganguly Tendulkar Dravid Yuvraj Kartik Dhoni Powar Khan RP Singh Patel Sreesanth as I really think that Argarker is not up to it at this level :( 5 full time bowlers mean that they are also competing with each other in trying to gain wickets and bowling economically. The bowlers above are all capable of scoring some runs. Yuvraj/tendulkar/ganguly should only be used if any of the main 5 are struggling or going for too many runs.
:two_thumbs_up: Exactly