Kohli will be the world's best batsman very, very soon.

I would be interested to know why you rate Cook/Smith better than Kohli. Smith may be an unfair comparison considering Smith debuted in 2002 and has only 10x100s. I don't have the statistics either but Sehwag/Gambhir have had their best runs between 2008-2011 and I won't be surprised if they were doing well.
Smith and Cook have scored against better bowling line-ups dude ... Isn't it simple for me from that itself. I am a big fan of Kohli and if I am saying that he as of now cannot be rated as high as Smith/Cook is because I believe he has a lot to prove before being rated the best. As I said in another thread an analysis of the bowling attacks against which he scored 100s, he has only faced Malinga and Ajmal ... two bowlers of any repute and we know he has become a Malinga Basher. In tests, he did score against Anderson and Broad but then that Nagpur pitch was not so good. The only very good innings I ever saw from him was that 70-odd in Perth when India were out of sorts and his place was in doubt. Smith/Cook may not be better than him in terms of numbers but have done it more often against better bowling lineups. Plus not carrying on after getting to a 100 in tests is criminal for me and hence I cannot say Kohli is the best until he changes that. About Gambhir and Sehwag being at their best during 2008-2011, Kohli had a terrible time before 2010 and was completely out of form for a year when he made his debut. He became good only after 2009, probably in early 2010. ANd since then when he has been stable at No.3, we haven't seen many good opening partnerships. Yes, we had a great run in the WC with Sachin and Sehwag but then Gambhir was batting on 3. And you must know how good Gambhir and Sehwag partnerships have been in the last 2 year that when Dhawan and Rohit got a century partnership in the first game of CT, it was said to be India's first 100-run opening partnership in 2 years.
Smith and Cook have scored against better bowling line-ups dude ... Isn't it simple for me from that itself. I am a big fan of Kohli and if I am saying that he as of now cannot be rated as high as Smith/Cook is because I believe he has a lot to prove before being rated the best. As I said in another thread an analysis of the bowling attacks against which he scored 100s, he has only faced Malinga and Ajmal ... two bowlers of any repute and we know he has become a Malinga Basher. In tests, he did score against Anderson and Broad but then that Nagpur pitch was not so good. The only very good innings I ever saw from him was that 70-odd in Perth when India were out of sorts and his place was in doubt. Smith/Cook may not be better than him in terms of numbers but have done it more often against better bowling lineups. Plus not carrying on after getting to a 100 in tests is criminal for me and hence I cannot say Kohli is the best until he changes that. About Gambhir and Sehwag being at their best during 2008-2011, Kohli had a terrible time before 2010 and was completely out of form for a year when he made his debut. He became good only after 2009, probably in early 2010. ANd since then when he has been stable at No.3, we haven't seen many good opening partnerships. Yes, we had a great run in the WC with Sachin and Sehwag but then Gambhir was batting on 3. And you must know how good Gambhir and Sehwag partnerships have been in the last 2 year that when Dhawan and Rohit got a century partnership in the first game of CT, it was said to be India's first 100-run opening partnership in 2 years.
:wall: Arey yaar - I was talking about Smith/Cook the "ODI bats" versus Kohli the "ODI bat". Of course, Cook/Smith are better than Kohli in "Tests". That doesn't need discussion. Now, what is your take? Kolhi played 5 matches in 2008 with an average of 32 and 10 matches in 2009 with an average of 54 - 1x100, 2x50s. In those 15 matches, he DNB in 2 games. I wouldn't call that out of form in any way!
:wall: Arey yaar - I was talking about Smith/Cook the "ODI bats" versus Kohli the "ODI bat". Of course, Cook/Smith are better than Kohli in "Tests". That doesn't need discussion. Now, what is your take? Kolhi played 5 matches in 2008 with an average of 32 and 10 matches in 2009 with an average of 54 - 1x100, 2x50s. In those 15 matches, he DNB in 2 games. I wouldn't call that out of form in any way!
Consistency and scoring against god bowling attacks ... Even I said if kohli bats consistently like this for 2 more years, he will be better than them. As of now, he hasn't scored consistently against sides with good bowlers. Cook/Smith have done that more often than him. And yes, I am talking about ODIs. And yeah sorry, the time of bad form was talking about was during that 2011 WC time and even before and after that ... He really struggled in west indies and he even talks about the period in most interviews saying he learnt a lot from that period. I just confused the years.
Consistency and scoring against god bowling attacks ... Even I said if kohli bats consistently like this for 2 more years, he will be better than them. As of now, he hasn't scored consistently against sides with good bowlers. Cook/Smith have done that more often than him. And yes, I am talking about ODIs. And yeah sorry, the time of bad form was talking about was during that 2011 WC time and even before and after that ... He really struggled in west indies and he even talks about the period in most interviews saying he learnt a lot from that period. I just confused the years.
do u even know how many matches cook has played ? and do u even know how consistent smith has been in odis ? ur entire argument is based on that cook and msith have been doing what kohli has been doing for 2-3 years for much longer which is just not true and completely contradictory please jsut for love of god explain to me how cook who has played 72 matches and averaged 38 is better than kohli who has played 106 matches and has average of almost 50 ? tell me how 72 matches can be more than 106 matches ? how is cook more consistent when he averages less in lesser number of matches ?

u know what...i will continue cos this is beyond ridiculous and no ..itsn ot different opinion of different people its factually wrong what you are saying,, cook has strike rate of 78 in same era both are playing and kohli has strike rate of 86 kohli has just noe scored runs in final of global tournament where cook never scored and kohli has hundred in world cup which cook does not have kohli has played in almost all conditions and still averages much more than cook in more number of matches tell me how cook is more consistent ?

do u even know how many matches cook has played ? and do u even know how consistent smith has been in odis ? ur entire argument is based on that cook and msith have been doing what kohli has been doing for 2-3 years for much longer which is just not true and completely contradictory please jsut for love of god explain to me how cook who has played 72 matches and averaged 38 is better than kohli who has played 106 matches and has average of almost 50 ? tell me how 72 matches can be more than 106 matches ? how is cook more consistent when he averages less in lesser number of matches ?
Are tu phir yaha ... Much nahi explain Karna ... Tu phut ... Its ma opinion ... If u have problems keep to yourself. Just don't portray me as a Nohit supporter.
u know what...i will continue cos this is beyond ridiculous and no ..itsn ot different opinion of different people its factually wrong what you are saying,, cook has strike rate of 78 in same era both are playing and kohli has strike rate of 86 kohli has just noe scored runs in final of global tournament where cook never scored and kohli has hundred in world cup which cook does not have kohli has played in almost all conditions and still averages much more than cook in more number of matches tell me how cook is more consistent ?
He is not ... I accept I was wrong. Happy?

smith is much better comparison but no one will call him better he has averaged far less and strike rate is less too and ur argument about consistency is totally wrong in case of smith who has had huge periods of bad form in this format and occasional brilliance . he is good player to begin with and nothing special in odis dont hype him up just bcos he has played more .. south africa themselves have 2 much better batsmen then him which are considered best in world like amla and abdv guess what? amla has just played 70 odd odis !!!!:)

Are tu phir yaha ... Much nahi explain Karna ... Tu phut ... Its ma opinion ... If u have problems keep to yourself. Just don't portray me as a Nohit supporter.
i already said u cannot get away by saying its ur opinion when we are talking about consistency .. yeah if we are tlaking about who you like more then ur opinion counts but when ur talking about who has been best in world and consistent then pure performance counts.. and rohit thing was joke dont take it personally..
Consistency and scoring against god bowling attacks ... Even I said if kohli bats consistently like this for 2 more years, he will be better than them. As of now, he hasn't scored consistently against sides with good bowlers. Cook/Smith have done that more often than him. And yes, I am talking about ODIs. .
That's a very unfair comparison! Smith has been around for a longer time than Kohli and hence there has to be some normalization used. Also, Cook & Smith have had just an odd good innings here and there in ODIs. At best, they are decent bats in ODIs.
That's a very unfair comparison! Smith has been around for a longer time than Kohli and hence there has to be some normalization used. Also' date=' Cook & Smith have had just an odd good innings here and there in ODIs. At best, they are decent bats in ODIs.[/quote'] but murugan bhai cook has played less odis then kohli :rofl:
smith is much better comparison but no one will call him better he has averaged far less and strike rate is less too and ur argument about consistency is totally wrong in case of smith who has had huge periods of bad form in this format and occasional brilliance . he is good player to begin with and nothing special in odis dont hype him up just bcos he has played more .. south africa themselves have 2 much better batsmen then him which are considered best in world like amla and abdv guess what? amla has just played 70 odd odis !!!!:)
Are read the whole discussion ... I had given amla abdv and other names, DM was arguing about smith and cook and hence you see only those two names ... But abhi to main man gaya I was wrong ... Ab kya problem hai ... Bachee ki Jaan lega kya?
Are read the whole discussion ... I had given amla abdv and other names' date=' DM was arguing about smith and cook and hence you see only those two names ... But abhi to main man gaya I was wrong ... Ab kya problem hai ... Bachee ki Jaan lega kya?[/quote'] ye post appke manne ke pehle type kia tha :) problem toh tab bhi nhi thi jab nhi mann rhe the trust me nothing personal here rohit thing was joke :wall: but u did supported ishant or rohit ..maybe one of them :dontknow: dont ever take discussion personally ..i have no problems with u..just what u wrote was totally incorrect specially about cook so i posted.. we are all here to discuss arent we ?

Kohli seems to have lot of fire under his belly and the attitude which would make him the best batsman in the world. I made a prediction that the likes of Rahane, Pujara and Ambathi Rayude would fade away. Its been proven now that Rahane is ****, and I expect the likes of Pujara and Ambathi rayudu to fade away . I know they are talented, but I don't see the fire and attitude which is necessary to become a successfull player at the international level. I also predict the likes of Mandeep singh and Unmukt chand to make it big.

That's a very unfair comparison! Smith has been around for a longer time than Kohli and hence there has to be some normalization used. Also' date=' Cook & Smith have had just an odd good innings here and there in ODIs. At best, they are decent bats in ODIs.[/quote'] Its like I was expressing my opinion based on the bowling lineups they faced ... My first post from the other thread was about that ... And consistency was actually a test thing which got mixed up. Fact is he has mastered malinga well I accept. He did thrass ajmal once on a flat pancake ... But that's it. I am not saying he is bad against other bowlers but he hasn't had a big innings against a well balanced bowling lineup yet. And normalization kese karogee, tell me do you have a formula??? My formula is how he performed against leading bowler and I rate them maybe a little higher than kohli. Plus smith and cook open in slightly difficult conditions to bat more than kohli has done.
Kohli seems to have lot of fire under his belly and the attitude which would make him the best batsman in the world. I made a prediction that the likes of Rahane, Pujara and Ambathi Rayude would fade away. Its been proven now that Rahane is ****, and I expect the likes of Pujara and Ambathi rayudu to fade away . I know they are talented, but I don't see the fire and attitude which is necessary to become a successfull player at the international level. I also predict the likes of Mandeep singh and Unmukt chand to make it big.
pujara right now is twice the player kohli is in tests :hysterical: also define fire ? is it mc bc when under pressure or being the backbone of ur team when being totally out played by opposition ? to me pujara seems to have much more fire and commitment :two_thumbs_up:

Kohli is definitely better than both Cook and Smith only competitions currently are AB and Amla.and hopefully Pujara in future:P. even Trott isnt much competition imo.If you talk about longevity,Clarke is more of a comparison than Cook

Its like I was expressing my opinion based on the bowling lineups they faced ... My first post from the other thread was about that ... And consistency was actually a test thing which got mixed up. Fact is he has mastered malinga well I accept. He did thrass ajmal once on a flat pancake ... But that's it. I am not saying he is bad against other bowlers but he hasn't had a big innings against a well balanced bowling lineup yet. And normalization kese karogee, tell me do you have a formula??? My formula is how he performed against leading bowler and I rate them maybe a little higher than kohli. Plus smith and cook open in slightly difficult conditions to bat more than kohli has done.
but what has cook done in such conditions ? all he has is some big innings against pak and some good innings at home on very flat tracks .. same with smith..he has never done anything exceptional on good tracks for bowlers in odis . i follow all the matches of south africa very closely . also ur ignoring series of south africa where kohli was our best batsman on very tough tracks .
ye post appke manne ke pehle type kia tha :) problem toh tab bhi nhi thi jab nhi mann rhe the trust me nothing personal here rohit thing was joke :wall: but u did supported ishant or rohit ..maybe one of them :dontknow: dont ever take discussion personally ..i have no problems with u..just what u wrote was totally incorrect specially about cook so i posted.. we are all here to discuss arent we ?
I did support ishant ... He bowled well against windows and I said he did bowl well ... When rohit plays a good innings, I will say so too ... Doesn't mean I want them in the team as of now.