US consulate in Chennai attacked, riots in Ghaziabad

superstar

Incorrect diagnosis I am afraid. Intolerance towards a criticism aimed at Islam isn't the bedrock of fundamentalism. Nor is the acceptance of peaceful methods of protests (letters to editors) an acceptance of the aforesaid fundamentalism. You have to go one step back if you want to look at the origins of fundamentalism. It inhabits the system of belief itself. To believe in Islam (or any other faith) is to be a fundamentalist. This is because such belief isn't contingent; it's always absolute.
Good to see someone bringing almost exactly the way I see it. Not sure on correctness of the tag 'fundamentalist'. I find it difficult to put in words, let me try in short- religion/faith-based-ideologies kind of act as natural filter and classify people into categories they relate to either by choice or by birth. And very soul of some certain ideologies is very fundamentalist/rigid. It is because of inevitable interaction/exchange of stronger and more fundamental 'human values' between the categories (and few more reasons), that we have not yet seen death of such religions. Otherwise, 'ithaas gawah hai' - w/o evolution/change you will be dead sooner than later.