Munaf 'bhai' Patel

The last over wasn't that bad as it's made to look like. Fair enough Broad hit couple of good hits but the fours came off edges. I think Munaf bowled pretty well today despite the number of runs he ended up giving away in the end.
True. You cannot judge a bowler's performance in a match like this and claim that they deserve to be dropped or retained. Every single bowler who wasn't a spinner turned out to be cannon fodder today. It was a small ground, quick outfield, hard-hitting batsmen on both sides. The bowlers were always going to suffer. India should stick with the same bowling attack for the next match, IMO.
man i take back what i said of him after his awful last over. 49.5Patel to Broad, FOUR, Another lemon cut. Another boundary. England now need 10 to win from one ball. Will Munaf bowl a no ball? 49.4Patel to Broad, SIX, 20 from 3 and what does Broad do. Smokes a full toss on the off stump over long off. The crowd roar their approval 49.2Patel to Broad, FOUR, Ah! The lemon cut. It was full in length, outside off, Broad tries to drill it through cover, gets a inside-edge and it runs to fine leg boundary. 49.1Patel to Broad, SIX, Short of length, on the leg stump and Broad tonks it over deep midwicket. Powar runs back, catches it and tries to flick it back in but he has already gone beyond the ropes. The crowd love it.
Yes, he gave up all these runs, but if you watched it, he wasn't really going after it. He was laughing and obviously just making sure he delivered properly. The two fours were very lucky shots for Broad IMO. Doesn't excuse the runs, but like others have said, all the pacers were drilled today. To state the obvious, Munaf's big contribution was taking the openers. I thought the 1st wicket partnership was going to get ugly.

I dont know whats the fuss about how close England got. The match was over when England was 230/6 in 40 overs. Whatever happened after that was immaterial. The english would have known then itself that the match was beyond their grasp. Some lusty hitting by some newbie is not going to change the fact that we won the match in the 40th over itself.

If you were watching star cricket ' date=' then why were you not able to see the speeds ?[/quote'] Watched the highlights this mornings--a very bad package where they jumbled up the wickets towards the end. It didn't show speed. I don't keep awake after 11 O'clock and hence missed the second inning in all the D/N encounters in England and SA!! The WC in WI was a nightmare!

Munaf has to be the most frustrating and dissapointing bowler we have had. Burst on to scene and bowled at just over 90 mph. Then went down to low 80s. Came back last odi and first spell bowled at 87mph and was quick. Then second spell bowled at 80. Now today bowling st 78 mph. Real shame as has the ability and weapons but has no heart whats so ever. Is going to be another 79 to 82 mph bowler. Very sad

I have a feeling that his career is slowly coming to a premature end. The selectors can't keep picking him on promise - he needs to deliver. After all the hype surrounding his comeback, he hasn't done anything - in fact, he is the Indian bowling attack's weakest link. He will probably have 'til the end of this series to show what he is capable of; after that, it's bye-bye.