For want of a facking ALL ROUNDER!!! for India!

fineleg

Marirs and BigDho, IP needs to earn his recall. He has done average, but nothing that catches the eye in the interim (during his absence). Why do you think he will turn out into the old IP by a miracle?
FL , Irfan has never been a star performer in first class cricket. He was picked for his talent.. If he comes back again , trust me he will be more than useful.
Marirs and BigDho, IP needs to earn his recall. He has done average (during last few months in domestic etc), but nothing that catches the eye in the interim (during his absence). Why do you think he will turn out into the old IP by a miracle?
i agree that he does need to do a little bit more to earn his recall (like joining a county side) but we have no other all rounder in india that can actually bat. if anything bring back bhaji and hope he goes ballistic like Mascarenhas did today.
FL , Irfan has never been a star performer in first class cricket. He was picked for his talent.. If he comes back again , trust me he will be more than useful.
I find it hard to just "trust" without him proving himself. But I dunno - let the selectors decide!
BTW Sriram, While we vary in the scale of optimism to pessimism abt Indian cricketers (not specific to this thread), what unites us all is our craziness for cricket :-)
Abs FL ! Dusnt matter which side of the opinion we are in , its the passion for the game that counts... :two_thumbs_up: