what to do with Ganguly??

Re: what to do with Ganguly?? I did say tht we have a pretty weak batting line up right after the 1st test win but as mosr indians 1 gd show was enuf to forget the past...We need a big shakedown on our batsmen... Sehwag- Doesnt even try to get in first,which was the main reason he was a success before. Drop him from ODI and make it clear tht gambhir is waiting in line. Jaffer - Last chance. I know he scored a big one a cpl of matches ago but he doesnt look like he will last more than 50 balls in SA. Just one more game to go.time to try gambhir.Jaffer can be bought back in for the next series. Dravid - Get the damn team selection right...VRV??!!WTF! U really expected a miracle on that one? Sachin - Get a big one. Laxman - Grow up and dont let #10 and #11 face a lot...Remember wht u were in kolkatta 1st innings?Added 70 odd runs with the tail when u took most of the strike. Ganguly - Man up..It was a nothing ball and believe me, u wd have hung ur bat 8 out 10 times.That was y u were dropped and never deserved to get a call back...One good innings among 5 doesnt make a gd batsman,...U dont do well in the next 3 innings,its back to "remember me?" ads for u. VRV - Its not ur fault tht dravid and chappel asked u to bowl and its defn not ur fault that u cant. We basically went in with 4 batsmen, a wk and 3 bowlers...how wd u expect 8 players to compete with 13?

Re: what to do with Ganguly?? It is no secret Ganguly struggles against short ball early on in his inning but once he spends a little time he seems to dig it in. I don't understand why do you guys expect him who's just made a comeback to score in every inning. He didn't do too badly in the last test and if he comes a cropper in the rest of the series we can then discuss about this one. Untill then adios :salute:

Re: what to do with Ganguly?? what little i saw of SCG in the three innings, i'd succintly put as "mind is willing, but the bat and body ain't." he's done. a half-decent pace attack will have him for breakfast, lunch and dinner. no, let me correct that--it will be a mere tea-time snack.

Re: what to do with Ganguly?? We just set the standards so damn low for certain ppl and for others its so high... Everyone including the team was saying "thank you dada","great comeback","we are the best" after a single game...when will they ever realize that one swallow doesn't make a summer.We have been suffering in our batting for the past 2-3 years and we are still blindly hoping that the same 5 will score like they used to.

Re: what to do with Ganguly??

It is no secret Ganguly struggles against short ball early on in his inning but once he spends a little time he seems to dig it in. I don't understand why do you guys expect him who's just made a comeback to score in every inning. He didn't do too badly in the last test and if he comes a cropper in the rest of the series we can then discuss about this one. Untill then adios :salute:
early on is right, cos he doesn't last too long. [code:1:611ec48901]Ganguly - Pull/ hook v short ball Runs (Balls) Dismissals Average Balls per dismissal 96 (44) 9 10.67 4.89[/code:1:611ec48901]