Chooha maar khan

Our friend Ganguly again. As I type he is at 48 off 76 balls ... and has an AMAZING FIFTY dot balls!!! The man plays the 90's brand of cricket... maarenge to sirf Chooha hi marenge. Yeh Single single kaa hota hai! He has already almost got Dravid run out twice. With our poor fielding and such poor running how can we ever win? He may still come back and get a big score ... but the fact doesnt change that he plays way too many dot balls (50 out of 76) almost a third of his balls faced were dot balls!

given that we have a huge target and just 6 bats' date=' this innings is fine with me as long as he is as focussed on winning as he is on keeping his wicket and his spot.[/quote'] Really? So u are ok with the 2/3 of all balls faced as dot balls ? I guess we have very different ideas of ODI innings then. I dont have a problem with him being circumspect. Its his stupid running (or lack their off) and all or nothing crap that bothers me!
Really? So u are ok with the 2/3 of all balls faced as dot balls ? I guess we have very different ideas of ODI innings then.
I like quick singles as much as you do. Given that we can't change people and in this match we are just a couple of wickets away from total collapse, I say let him keep his wicket at a 70 SR till over number 35 or so if need be.
I like quick singles as much as you do. Given that we can't change people and in this match we are just a couple of wickets away from total collapse' date=' I say let him keep his wicket at a 70 SR till over number 35 or so if need be.[/quote'] We disagree then. I dont think we need to change personnel for taking singles. Just a little bit of desire is needed. A change in mindset. Shastri just called Ganguly lazy and said that management needs to get after him. What Shastri forgot was the last time the management did that we had 5000000 Bengalis baying for the management's (and anyone who said a positive word about that management) blood!

ends his innings (after some hitting) at a 69 SR. This after he played all 20 fcuking pp overs. And we are chasing almost 6 an over. This is what bothers me. Gangulians keep pointing his average since his return but tell me how this helps us? All this does is put more pressure on others!!!

By the way in post game ... Botham claims the difference between the two sides in fielding and running was 50 runs! wow!!!
True, I can recall, Pieterson saving atleast 12 runs at midon. RP Singh messed that Tremlett runout, costing us atleast 12 runs. Most of balls hit to Ganguly/Munaf were converted to twos instead of ones. That is the difference.
Eggjacktly. India have always been a poor fielding unit, but even when we used to be ordinary, we were *not* this bad!!!
Its like we have grown old overnight, devoloped lead legs or something. I really dont understand how the fall could be this dramatic.
Its like we have grown old overnight, devoloped lead legs or something. I really dont understand how the fall could be this dramatic.
I am very, very concerned with the "motivation" and "spirit" of our players. They are going through the motions, no spirited effort. What the heck? They are playing an Intl match representing India for heavensake.

This is the bummer for not having a professional coach. These seniors dont want to work hard. Ganguly is happy to be in this setup (as his interview from a few days ago). First Wright and then Chappel used to make t hem work hard ... insist on good running and fielding. Now with players who used to play under him the seniors can just while away. The chai lao attitude is back ... and it shows on the field. The Gangulians believe in modern cricket all you need to do is have the ability to score 4's ,..... its a bit more than that unfortunately