can we learn from Jaya, Gilly and hayden ?

These senior citizen of world cricket..still have enough punch to knock out any youngster.. They are way beyond 35...and still fit as raging bull....ready to take the attack head on... i really feel so sorry for the indian captain..when he watches the pensioners in the team staying on the crease wasting balls after balls and scoring runs in 1s and 2s...even in power plays... i feel so embarrassed when i see Ganduly attempting to play short pitched balls... does he has no self respect....usko koi sharam waram nahi aati kya..? sachin in ODIs is OK..he takes 8-9 balls to settle down.,..and then starts piercing the gaps for runs....at good pace... But other pensioners in team..must get ultimatum now.. we can not afford to waste the power plays of 20 overs..by scoring 70-90 runs... thats insane.... sooner we amend this ...better will be our chances to win matches... I here by declare that we will lose the upcoming ODI series against Australia 7-0. as long as Ganguly and Sachin open for india.

I believe the Ganguly problem can be easily solved by playing him at no.3 , with either Sehwag or Uthappa opening with Sachin and Yuvraj following him. Let him drop anchor , we need someone to do that. But by sending him at no.3 , we will be ensuring there will be an attacking batsman at other end , hopefully balancing out his slow rate.

If RD drops anchor, we criticize (rightfully in my opinion) since ODI cricket has changed. Same thing applies to SG. There is no "dropping anchor" guy these days in Modern ODI...you have the guy who takes singles and rotates strike. SG does not do that. Such batsmen dont have a place as of today. Whether it is RD, SG or SRT.

If RD drops anchor, we criticize (rightfully in my opinion) since ODI cricket has changed. Same thing applies to SG. There is no "dropping anchor" guy these days in Modern ODI...you have the guy who takes singles and rotates strike. SG does not do that. Such batsmen dont have a place as of today. Whether it is RD, SG or SRT.
I disagree. There is place for consolidators, provided the batsman at the other end can attack. Ganguly scored 39 off 55 balls in the 2nd odi , but we added 113 in 20 overs . Its the partnerships that count , not the individual strike rates.

ganguly, dravid, tendulkar have been in the team together since 97 they peaked between 01-04. when they couldnt take us to No 1 spot then, how can we expect them to take us forward now. The only one i feel sorry for is sachin. His brilliance was the only reason why between mid to late 90s we werent as bad as current WI team. If today tendulkar was 27 instead of 34 and captain of the team we would have been on the verge of breaking that aussie door.

I disagree. There is place for consolidators, provided the batsman at the other end can attack. Ganguly scored 39 off 55 balls in the 2nd odi , but we added 113 in 20 overs . Its the partnerships that count , not the individual strike rates.
Even in the second ODI we won by 9 runs after a blistering knock by RD.
Even in the second ODI we won by 9 runs after a blistering knock by RD.
Forget the result. Look at India's score- 329. Thats a super-impressive score. You guys are forgetting that a solid platform at the top is what enables the middle order/lower middle order batsman to go after the bowling . And if you are to set a solid platform , you need to play conservatively. That is what Ganguly is doing. But he is doing at the wrong place , coming in as opener. One day matches , especially chases , are invariably decided in the first 20 overs. We cant have Ganguly batting patiently , getting out and putting the following batsman under immense pressure. Let him come in the middle-order. He has enough experience to rotate the strike and can go after the spinners too.

Dravid has proven himself to be a 2007 type odi player in 2 of the 3 games this series SRT has just about shown himself (in the second game) to belong to it. Yuvraj and Dhoni do too. As do Powar (batting at 9), Zaheer and RP (batting at 10 and 11) We need 4 more players: and should look at the return of Sehwag and Pathan, and give Uthappa/ Gambhir a chance (younger, with more willing legs and willing to RUN a single and not disdainfully refuse to get trousers dirty) and, if Karthik fails twice, give the other chap who keeps on walking around the boundary some chances. There is no point in continuing with the same nonsense if the team wants to survive PS: will also need a new captain

Made possible by a super-human effort by RD. Otherwise we are looking at 0-3.
And that super-human effort by Rahul was because he had the licence to go after the bowling since he came in at India being 180/2 in 30 overs. Something that was made possible by Saurav/Sachin opening partnership.
Trust me' date=' he can't.[/quote'] At the end of 15 overs today , Ganguly was 30 off 51 balls. When he got out in the 32nd over , he was 72 off 104 balls. That means , his last 42 runs came off 53 balls, clearly indicating he can plod the ball around in the middle overs, at decent pace. Where he failed was his first 30 runs. When India needed quick runs, he just hung on He got out at the worst possible time for India i guess.