"Zimbabwe will top the world rankings !"

...says the ICC President, Ray Mali. He was sober when he this, BTW. Read on;

Ray Mali, the ICC president, believes Zimbabwe will be at the top of the ICC ODI championship table if the current team is allowed to remain intact for the next three years. Mali told the Zimbabwean Herald on Tuesday: "The programmes that they (ZC) have will, I believe, take cricket far and it has been demonstrated by what we saw over the last three one-day games, especially on Sunday when Zimbabwe was almost there. And I believe these boys - if they are given a chance to play for the next three years as one unit - they will be at the top of world rankings. "It is not a dream, I believe it can be done. Zimbabwe Cricket will have to continue exposing these boys to higher class, intensive cricket all the time. Zimbabwe Cricket will have my support, they will have the support of ICC with this type of cricket that has been demonstrated over the last few days."
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/current/story/308718.html
whas has been zimbabweis best ever icc ranking?? 6th?? 7th the situation in which zimbawe are rite now might be an example of how Indian team would or may be performing if all gr8z retire @ same time..
In ODI's, i think they were 6th after the 1999 World Cup but then again, i am not sure. Zimbabwe played much better cricket against South Africa than India did on their last tour there.

Yup Zimboks scored some decent runs against South Africa at home. Australia haven't had much cricket since the world cup so they were quite rusty. I'm sure they would have relaxed quite a bit after the world cup. Their domestic season had finished and not a lot of them played English domestic. Zimboks despite short of good cricketers in their ranks had played some cricket recently. That said no way I expect Aussies to lose and that too against Zimboks. Go the Zimboks.... :two_thumbs_up: