Would you pick me in your team?

dial_100

If I play 1389 deliveries and only score 117 boundaries... What would you expect me to do with my rest of the deliveries??? They are about 1270 deliveries when I am not scoring 4 or 6. What would you expect me to score in those deliveries??? What if I say I only score 495 runs in those remainaing deliveries, even if I score 30% of those runs in 2's and 3's, 145 runs gone so 145 runs cored in 2's meaning half the deliveries faced..so about 70 deliveries. So of 1270 deliveries, I have used 70 of them to score 145 (2s n 3s). That leaves whopping 1200 deliveries to score 495-145= 350 runs in singles. So 1200-350= 850. Would you pick me in your team, if I waste 850 deliveries that I face??? This is me, SCG in last 25 games... I am not surprised that we are a pathetic ODI team... :confused_smile:

850 / 24 games would bring it to...35+ dot balls are guaranteed to be wasted in every game I play for you.... Think twice b4 dumping me.... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Bloody 6 overs are gone... ppooooffff... vanished.. now have 2 yuv, 2 dhonis, 2 SRT to best use 44 overs to win matches...

Excellent analysis. The point really is about the dot balls..... You can live with the dot balls if the 4's and 6's were a bit more consistent. By doing neither you really are getting a very very very very very very very very poor ODI player. We havent even talked about poor running for your partner or fielding issues yet.

Will you drop me from the team ? If after my comeback , my team has won ODI series against Sri Lanka , West Indies , South Africa , Bangladesh and won one-off matches against Scotland and Ireland ? All this after my my team had a dreadful time of it before i made my comeback , losing badly against S.Africa and West Indies and performing poorly in the Champions trophy and in Malaysia .

Well...fielding, dropped catches are something that cannot be measured using stats.. But these numbers, going by average, they clearly reveal that its time to move on to someone else... On an average I face 59 deliveries. Use 5 of those to score 20 runs in boundaries, use 4 of those to score 8-9 runs in 2-3 use 13 of those to score 13 runs in singles use 37 of those to frustrate my partner before he goes...:banghead: My avg score is 41 runs in 59 deliveries...

If I play 1389 deliveries and only score 117 boundaries... What would you expect me to do with my rest of the deliveries??? They are about 1270 deliveries when I am not scoring 4 or 6. What would you expect me to score in those deliveries??? What if I say I only score 495 runs in those remainaing deliveries, even if I score 30% of those runs in 2's and 3's, 145 runs gone so 145 runs cored in 2's meaning half the deliveries faced..so about 70 deliveries. So of 1270 deliveries, I have used 70 of them to score 145 (2s n 3s). That leaves whopping 1200 deliveries to score 495-145= 350 runs in singles. So 1200-350= 850. Would you pick me in your team, if I waste 850 deliveries that I face??? This is me, SCG in last 25 games... I am not surprised that we are a pathetic ODI team... :confused_smile:
What is the source of these stats ? I would like to know.
Will you drop me from the team ? If after my comeback , my team has won ODI series against Sri Lanka , West Indies , South Africa , Bangladesh and won one-off matches against Scotland and Ireland ? All this after my my team had a dreadful time of it before i made my comeback , losing badly against S.Africa and West Indies and performing poorly in the Champions trophy and in Malaysia .
Alright if all that is true then what is my contribution. As I said 6 overs per match what I have wasted. That means there are others who are covering a$$ here for me.?? Why justify something that is not there...
it doesnt say tht u contributed to all those team wins.. yeah sure.. if ur contirbution is freaking negligible....
Alright if all that is true then what is my contribution. As I said 6 overs per match what I have wasted. That means there are others who are covering a$$ here for me.?? Why justify something that is not there...
Oh ofcourse nobody should pay heed the 765 runs i have scored since my comeback , topscoring all the other indian batsman in ODIs... Sure.
kya in series main baaki players chudiyaan pehan ke baithe the