A chilling recount of the 1984 riots

DomainK

I have full symapathies for hindus who suffered as well. The terrorists were scum. I say lock them up and chop their heads of. Glad to hear another terorrist scum is to be given death sentense yesterday. But this is just a smoke screen. As it is not about sikhs good and hindus bad, this is not a competition who suffered most etc etc This is about justice. And this is the key word JUSTICE. In terms of Sikh bad guys(killers). They have rightly been hunted down, prosecuted and convicted by and large. The state machinery sought the gulity and sought their rightful convictions, I am very very happy about this. They also did big operations in Punjab to stop the militiancy , with highlight being operation bluestar which I fully support. Thank god they worked and now Punjab is best state in whole of India. Yes operation blue star had some things which could have been done better as well as other crack downs but over all job well done. But were is the justice in the sikh maasacres? What makes this worse is these massacres were organised by the state against its own people. Nothing worse a state can do then to organise mass killings of a community within its state. This is were people are getting confused, its not about hindu v sikh and so mentioning bhindrawale(was a monster and state rightly got him and sorted him out). Its about justiuce for ALL and pursuit of all KILLERS and people who break the law. Sikhs who did wrong are rightfy pursued and convicted etc But other way round nothing is done and all is done to protect perpertratros and brush under carpet. Also all those desperate to defend ghandhi and congress in this must realise they are not jumping in to protect hindus, as hindus did not do this. It was the govt which did this, using all the state machinery. Its seems many want to be a tool for the congress govt at the time and fall for jumpimg in to their camp thinking mistakenly they are defending the hindu camp. Again I repeat this is not about Sikh v Hindu. But justice for ANY killers no matter what community they are from or what CONNECTIONS they have. But then this is India with no Justice for any who are poor, not connected or come up against Big gun. Bofors, Bhopal, Gujurat, 2G scam etc etc (could go on for ever) So before you jump in ready to defend the Rajiv and Tytler and co. Remeber this is not just about one community facing injustice in killings but the total injustice for so many in India. Sadly it seems many like it how it is.
I refer you to this post by me. As it sums up my position and will save me typing the same stuff again and again in different words. Its pretty clear I am not blaming a community, far from it

This was not a mere riot, but some 4000 were butchered. And this 1984 issue is not just about Tytler but how as even the court said about the accountability of the "central leadership". And that definitely includes Rajiv Gandhi. Some users I see here simply in denials about this and instead using some personal accusations to hide. Clueless really..

Sorry dude but you are a dheeth banda... would never accept your mistake and aplogise... no point in explaining.. Read all your posts (except one) and you will get ya answer
Stop using smoke screens by having a go at me. If you think 84 govt was not behind the deaths and there was no deaths etc Then explain you position instead of ranting at me.

Hindus and Sikhs paid for their 'sins' during 1984 riots - Salman Khurshid

Hindus and Sikhs paid for their 'sins' during 1984 riots - Salman Khurshid Above: Screenshot from Salman Khurshid's book "At Home In India: A restatement of Indian Muslims" Salman Khurshid states, "there was also a terrible satisfaction amongst Muslims, who had not completely forgotten the Partition’s unpleasant aftermath. Hindus and Sikhs were alike paying for their ‘sins’. They were paying for the blood they had drawn in 1947."
What a crazy statement and this guy is our minister. That's a sackable offense at the veryminimum and I find it ridiculous yet no surprise that none of our so called secular media shown that. This deserves to be highlighted

Hindus and Sikhs paid for their 'sins' during 1984 riots - Salman Khurshid What a crazy statement and this guy is our minister. That's a sackable offense at the veryminimum and I find it ridiculous yet no surprise that none of our so called secular media shown that. This deserves to be highlighted
That's why I believe that BJP is a brainless party or they have an internal alliance with congress.They should had used this statement again and again to show double standards of congress

Do you guys have comprehension issues with basic English? He is not saying that Hindus and Sikhs paid for their sins. He is saying that Muslims believed Hindus and Sikhs were paying for their sins and also that this belief was terrible. Now whether that belief was indeed there among Muslims might or might not be true, but how is that statement any slight on Hindus and Sikhs. In fact, he is being judgmental and generalizing towards Muslims.

Do you guys have comprehension issues with basic English? He is not saying that Hindus and Sikhs paid for their sins. He is saying that Muslims believed Hindus and Sikhs were paying for their sins and also that this belief was terrible. Now whether that belief was indeed there among Muslims might or might not be true, but how is that statement any slight on Hindus and Sikhs. In fact, he is being judgmental and generalizing towards Muslims.
Mr.Khurshid is a prominent leader of muslims.He should come out and publicly tell what he means. Was their any satisfaction among muslims when Sikhs and hindu's got killed? What if an RSS leader says that Hindu's are satisfied because of Assam riots?

I don't think Mr. Khurshid is speaking in third person in this case. He is certainly coming across as endorsing the view which he believes Muslims of the country carry. My this assessment is on the basis of just the paragraph that I read here. In context of whole book it might be different. In either way I don't believe Salman Khurshid has tall enough personality to become Foreign Minister of the country.

Mr.Khurshid is a prominent leader of muslims.He should come out and publicly tell what he means. Was their any satisfaction among muslims when Sikhs and hindu's got killed? What if an RSS leader says that Hindu's are satisfied because of Assam riots?
"Terrible Satisfaction" and not satisfaction but "terrible satisfaction". On another note, isn't that book a personal view point of Khurshid? Can we let him have one or do we start another judgment on a self made moral compass?

Khurshied is an a hole. Proven a hole. How he is allowed to be in politics is amazing. Kejriwal exposed him and his reaction in goonda style showed up his true face(like most of our politicianns), threats and violence reaction. So what did congress do? Sack him, throw him out? No promoted him to foreign minister. The mind boggles!!

Khurshied is an a hole. Proven a hole. How he is allowed to be in politics is amazing. Kejriwal exposed him and his reaction in goonda style showed up his true face(like most of our politicianns), threats and violence reaction. So what did congress do? Sack him, throw him out? No promoted him to foreign minister. The mind boggles!!
yeah, that was appalling.

Khurshid is a coward, a coward against Maldives, a coward against Pakistan, and now a coward when China has invaded our territory. The best this moron could come up with in response to China intrusion was "acnes" and how India is like "Mohammad Ali", this guy would sell the country without hesitation to save his own skin.

Khurshid is a coward, a coward against Maldives, a coward against Pakistan, and now a coward when China has invaded our territory. The best this moron could come up with in response to China intrusion was "acnes" and how India is like "Mohammad Ali", this guy would sell the country without hesitation to save his own skin.
or to make some money

I don't see why he should make public speeches if people can't grasp simple English - but given the way the issue has been raked up, I am sure he'll be doing it soon.
I don't think Mr. Khurshid is speaking in third person in this case. He is certainly coming across as endorsing the view which he believes Muslims of the country carry.
He is not endorsing the view. He is stating that Muslims felt satisfaction at the riots, and that the satisfaction was "terrible".

I don't see why he should make public speeches if people can't grasp simple English - but given the way the issue has been raked up, I am sure he'll be doing it soon. He is not endorsing the view. He is stating that Muslims felt satisfaction at the riots, and that the satisfaction was "terrible".
I admit I had overlooked word "terrible satisfaction". Still I am not sure if he seems to be distancing himself from the view which he has purported on Indian Muslims. Anyways, one paragraph is not enough to make an opinion on the intent of author.