Junoon ( 1978 )

Rajiv

Absolutely brilliant movie this one Rajeev. It would never make it to most top 10 movie list but for the avid movie goer this is a fantastic one. I frankly can not write enough good words about this movie. One of the great Shashi Kapur movie. I think between 1975-85 Shashi Kapoor was in a genius phase churning out classics like Junoon, Kalyug, New Delhi Times and so on. Sadly they all bombed at box office. I wouldnt give away the story of Junoon but it is one of the best movies to be made on 1857 revolt. xxxx

Guest dada_rocks

हम बहुत आभारी सब पुरानी अद्भुत चलचित्र की परिचर्चा के लिए| आज ही शाम को हम इसका अवलोकन करेंगे |

Cmon man, I am from bombay..its hindi, english and hinglish I am a sindhi which I can only understand but can't speak Reading hindi is difficult for me in any case, coz u use English all your life, hindi was another subject in school

HMM in Delhi' date= we were asked to take Sanskrit as another lang or french or german...

i know a bit of all.. sanskirt toh dimaag mein he nahi baithi..

Hindi offcourse the official Delhi Lang,

can speak/understand punjabi too as i am a Punjabi

I thought punjabi was official language of delhi..I mean hindi is widely spoken except south off course, UP area would speak pure hindi ( For eg. I have never used the word "turanth", its "jaldi" instead ) But I have one complaint with punjabis, inspite of telling them I don't understand the language, they will keep talking in punjabi - even though its easier to understand. Here in Vancouver, where its 99% punjabis, sikhs..they only know punjabi or english Bombay is still very cosmo in that, no single dominant lingo...its bambaiyaa and ur chalo hinglish

well in Delhi, punjabiz, weather regular punjabiz or say Sikh population alll speak hindi.. they tend to speak Punjabi too but then most of the time Hindi is the one which is used mostly.. even 2 sikh talk together in Hindi... the prb u had in canada about punjabiz speaking only punjabi is rare.. may be because they are punjabiz from punjab who just speak punjabi in their home townz... that doesn't happen in Delhi though.... btw, i have punjabi and and few sikh friends here too.. from diff regions of India, one from chandigarh, one from ludhiana, one from hoshiarpur, one from amritsar.. punjabi being their first lang, they easily talk in Hindi.. as fluent as a Hindi speaker and not rigid in changing their lang to Hindi when some Hindi guy is talking to them.. meanwhile Hinglish rules very much in Delhi too.... often used..