Bring back VVS for one days.

Rohan495

I don't mind seeing him play ODIs. If India can accomodate the likes of Ganguly, Powar, Rahul, Munaf, Zaheer, and Karthik (yup he hasn't done enough to prove he is any good in fielding) I can't see why Laxman can't be played. I'm sure he will get a big score once every 7-8 games and am sure that is acceptable in ODIs for India at this point in time :D

We need to get younger and more athletic and not older. I would rather give Laxman's spot to Sharma or Tiwary or Karthik. Are they as good as VVS - yes if we play 7 becoz then momentum players are more important. Also their future value is more than VVS's.

We need to get younger and more athletic and not older. I would rather give Laxman's spot to Sharma or Tiwary or Karthik. Are they as good as VVS - yes if we play 7 becoz then momentum players are more important. Also their future value is more than VVS's.
Completely agree with that but you know a situation such as you prescribed should also hold good for the rest of the seniors and not just VVS. Why only ear mark his spot for the young ones and not the rest of the seniors? Despite Ganguly, Tendulkar and Rahul gettings runs I would like them to rest from ODIs every now and then so that India can slowly ready few young ones for the future. I don't reckon all the three mentioned can be replaced at one time but it will help if they are rested often.
Completely agree with that but you know a situation such as you prescribed should also hold good for the rest of the seniors and not just VVS. Why only ear mark his spot for the young ones and not the rest of the seniors? Despite Ganguly' date=' Tendulkar and Rahul gettings runs I would like them to rest from ODIs every now and then so that India can slowly ready few young ones for the future. I don't reckon all the three mentioned can be replaced at one time but it will help if they are rested often.[/quote'] I agree too - I think not giving Sharma a game will be a missed opportunity. We cant just plan for tomorrow we need to look ahead else a 1 year or rebuilding is on the cards.